• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

Thanks Clemson for the clarification.
Can you tell how different this approach is compared to Tapatalk in term of the end users point of view and how app is used for all forums versus branded forums?

Yeah i have a similar issue if you browse my forum through the app and click the link to our facebook page it takes me to google :confused: :)

Fixed!

1.0.2 has been released:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Fix issue with link forums always going to Google
* Add support for Page forums

Feature velocity and bugfixes will be quick up front. Early adopters will need to be on their toes. ;-)

Thanks Clemson for the clarification.
Can you tell how different this approach is compared to Tapatalk in term of the end users point of view and how app is used for all forums versus branded forums?

Same approach I believe, although I don't know if you can access branded Tapatalk apps from their main app.

Is there an option when you open a forum it goes straight to the new posts tab?

On iPhone, you can modify the menu - hit "More" hit "Edit" drag the "Current" tab to the far left item. Tap "Done".

This will cause it to open that menu first, so you'll get current first.

Android - nope.

Hm, page forums? You guys able to determine the difference between the nodes?
category / forum / link / page ..

Will links for example ask you to open the page in a browser, if the node is a link that's not got the domain of the site in it?

Hm, page forums? You guys able to determine the difference between the nodes?
category / forum / link / page ..

Will links for example ask you to open the page in a browser, if the node is a link that's not got the domain of the site in it?

Page forums are treated like Link forums in 1.0.2. I had forgot to go back and add support for Page forums. Basically, if its a Link or a Page, it will open the link/Page in an in-app-browser if the user taps on it.

Would be awesome if those non-threads could be displayed as a readable element. Same with members list, or help, or ones' account.

Another question. One site I run has guests permission to view nodes set to no. But they can view the board. This allows them to get welcomed to the private community, and have the ability to register and login.

Will users on the site constantly need to login, or will it remember their account for them? Guests can't view content.

Another question. One site I run has guests permission to view nodes set to no. But they can view the board. This allows them to get welcomed to the private community, and have the ability to register and login.

Will users on the site constantly need to login, or will it remember their account for them? Guests can't view content.
It saves your login - everything is obviously permission based also, so users will only be able to see nodes they have the permission for.

--

Clemson - I would really like to have an option in the App to disable post formatting. Some people on my boards chose to post in weird colours such as bright yellow. On the board itself it's no problem as it has a reasonably dark background - however it's a little unreadable in the App itself due to the white background.

Ok, I think I am ready *cracks fingers*
The third add-on to xenfans and wetalk soon, for starters :)
Then in march on the other web sites, and review it all in April.
I hope our users have a great browsing experience, and that you guys make a nice chunk of money from selling the app to those visitors :p

I've noticed that conversation messages are not censored as they should be (haven't tested with posts) when reading them from the app. Can this be fixed?

Tried to upgrade to 1.0.2 (downloaded from this thread) from 1.0.1, this error message shows up: "The specified add-on is older than the install version. Downgrading is not possible."

Tried to upgrade to 1.0.2 (downloaded from this thread) from 1.0.1, this error message shows up: "The specified add-on is older than the install version. Downgrading is not possible."

Probably quicker to head over to forum runner and grab the new plugin download.

I've noticed in the XML it's..
Code:
<addon addon_id="ForumRunner" title="ForumRunner for XenForo" version_string="" version_id=""  ...
so that might be the problem.

I've noticed in the XML it's..
Code:
<addon addon_id="ForumRunner" title="ForumRunner for XenForo" version_string="" version_id=""  ...
so that might be the problem.

Yeah, my export Makefile code wasn't right. It wasn't replacing the version strings properly. I've fixed it in the original link.

Should be fine now. And if you got it directly from http://www.forumrunner.net, it should have been fine the whole time! Thanks!

Fixed!

1.0.2 has been released:

I installed this late last night from your forum runner site, using the download their, not here. When you update here, is that the same as grabbing the update from the forum runner site?

Also... I have to say this is far superior than Tapatalk. I used to use Tapatalk when with VB, but now you got this out first, and now implemented, extremely glad I did so. Just about to announce its installation to the members, as they have been screaming for mobile solutions.

Would still love to see XF themselves release a default mobile style in combination, to cater those other OS's that aren't app based.

Top Bottom