• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

One suggestion I have is being able to change the color of the tab and blue parts just like we are able to change the top background color. Is this something that could easily be implemented?

Other then that I setup Forum Runner last night on our vb site and will be setting it up on our XF site tonight. I like it better then Tappatalk and it is faster, especially on wifi.

I also have one suggestion. As a guy who owns a photo site I would like to have the option to place the attachments inline instead of as 'attachments' - is it possible to add the same option as XF uses here to differentiate the two?

One suggestion I have is being able to change the color of the tab and blue parts just like we are able to change the top background color. Is this something that could easily be implemented?

Other then that I setup Forum Runner last night on our vb site and will be setting it up on our XF site tonight. I like it better then Tappatalk and it is faster, especially on wifi.

Are you talking about the "Sticky" and "Thread" tabs, etc? That is a bug in the current iPhone app. It is fixed in the next version. If you are talking about something else, let me know!

Thanks for the praise! Spread the word!

I also have one suggestion. As a guy who owns a photo site I would like to have the option to place the attachments inline instead of as 'attachments' - is it possible to add the same option as XF uses here to differentiate the two?

Hmm. Maybe a way to drag an attachment after you uploaded it into the post... I'll have to look into that

Are you talking about the "Sticky" and "Thread" tabs, etc? That is a bug in the current iPhone app. It is fixed in the next version. If you are talking about something else, let me know!

Thanks for the praise! Spread the word!

I am using the Android app. Yes the Threads and sticky tabs are one of the items and the blue used for the icons, postbit, and quote. Maybe these could be darker or lighter variations of a color we choose? Kind of like the Xenforo color pallet so to speak.

I am using the Android app. Yes the Threads and sticky tabs are one of the items and the blue used for the icons, postbit, and quote. Maybe these could be darker or lighter variations of a color we choose? Kind of like the Xenforo color pallet so to speak.

The sticky tabs is something I can control easily - just missed it.

The others are actual images, however you can replace the images that your users see for forumbits on the forum list, and the 'quote' and 'edit' bubbles are going away soon to mirror the iPhone functionality of tapping the header to get a list of 'things' you can do (quote, edit, report, like, etc)

The sticky tabs is something I can control easily - just missed it.

The others are actual images, however you can replace the images that your users see for forumbits on the forum list, and the 'quote' and 'edit' bubbles are going away soon to mirror the iPhone functionality of tapping the header to get a list of 'things' you can do (quote, edit, report, like, etc)

Good deal, thanks for the quick responses.

Pretty sure I've noticed a bug with the mobile app - searches for other users posts/threads seem to search against my user account.

To reproduce:

View a thread -> Tap users Avatar -> Tap either 'Show all threads started by this user' or 'Show all posts started by this users'

Both results do a search for all posts/threads started by my account - not the user in question.

Thanks

Hi there, just a few observations and questions:
Could you possibly provide an alternative to the Android Market that supports PayPal, like SlideME?

I'm getting this error on my forum, but I'm guessing it's due to not running XenForo 1.0.0 RC2 which will change soon:
"The remote server sent an unparsable result ..."

Your link to the support forum is broken:
Also, there is a support forum located at: http://www.forumrunner.net/forum Please post up your ideas or any issues you have with the App there.
It says /forum, which is correct, but it links to /support.

Thanks for this addon :)

Hi Clemson,

Im sure this question has been asked but I dont have time to go through 11 pages right now sorry. I was just doing some testing on my iphone. I use XenMedio for my videos, including embedded videos in normal posts. In the FR app only the bb code shows up eg "[medio]115[/medio]" instead of the video, is BB code support coming, that is basically the only thing holding me back from going ahead and buying FR.

Also maybe have found a bug??? I am using iPhone 4, ios 4.01. Whenever I click the 2nd page of my conversation the program crashes...

I'm back from The Forum Con and my Colorado trip. Unfortunately I picked up a flu bug on the way home so I'm fighting that off.
Hi Clemson,

Sorry to hear that, i live in Aus and everyones getting the flu too, must be that time. When you get a chance can you check out my post above, cheers mate

Pretty sure I've noticed a bug with the mobile app - searches for other users posts/threads seem to search against my user account.

To reproduce:

View a thread -> Tap users Avatar -> Tap either 'Show all threads started by this user' or 'Show all posts started by this users'

Both results do a search for all posts/threads started by my account - not the user in question.

Thanks

Fixed in 1.0.3 to be deployed soon.

Hi Clemson,

Im sure this question has been asked but I dont have time to go through 11 pages right now sorry. I was just doing some testing on my iphone. I use XenMedio for my videos, including embedded videos in normal posts. In the FR app only the bb code shows up eg "[medio]115[/medio]" instead of the video, is BB code support coming, that is basically the only thing holding me back from going ahead and buying FR.

Also maybe have found a bug??? I am using iPhone 4, ios 4.01. Whenever I click the 2nd page of my conversation the program crashes...

I'll look into the XenMedio support. I verified the conversation issue. Will be fixed in the next iPhone app.

Top Bottom