[Andrew] Moderator Panel

[Andrew] Moderator Panel 1.9.4

No permission to download
One idea I have is coming up with way to rate user quality and flag users who drop below a certain level of acceptable quality.

Action:
- Users and their content will be flagged with their quality score drops below x in a y frame

Base Configuration:
  • Flag user and content if score less than
  • Time frame is
  • Reported content weight
  • Ignored by weight

Quality Configuration:
- reaction score + reported content score + ignored by score = Quality score

For example:

-Flag user and content if score less than: -200
-Time frame is: 1 week
-Reported content weight: -20
-Ignored by weight: -10

User A
Reported by: -40 (2 reports)
Ignored by: -20 (2 users)

Quality score = -210

Result: users negative content is displayed and a moderator is notified through notifications to review it.

Thoughts, ideas?

Looks like good idea, but I don't get exact mechanics, what would affect this.
It wouldn't be difficult for me to code. The goal if this would be to identify users that are creating issues in your community. Reported post are a big part of this but those identify specific posts and not broader behavior issues. A reported post is often out an outlier in someones behavior. It also depends on users reporting posts which they often don't do.

I guess the question is, what all should be looked at to determine a quality score. I've listed a few things above, but I doubt I have all the answers.

I can see that the general concept could be quite useful on some forums. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this, the specifics I mean.

I guess the question is, what all should be looked at to determine a quality score. I've listed a few things above, but I doubt I have all the answers.
I don't think there's that easy solution.

I can identify what is useful and good post to me, my taste, but someone else might think differently. And even reporting may be that someone just doesn't like opinions in post, not that something is wrong with it.

I really don't have an answer to this question.

I don't think there's that easy solution.

I can identify what is useful and good post to me, my taste, but someone else might think differently. And even reporting may be that someone just doesn't like opinions in post, not that something is wrong with it.

I really don't have an answer to this question.
That is exactly why a system that determines a quality value is good. If a user has a large negative reaction score then it's an indication that a moderator should look a those posts. It doesn't mean the user did anything wrong. Today, moderators are only notified when a user reports a post but in my experience that isn't as often as it should be. My moderators can't read every post on my site so a system that filters down to problematic users/posts seems useful.

Good evening,
I have a small question, in the logs -> Moderator history section, at the top there is a small list to filter the moderators:

1628716842187.webp
But I don't understand how on what criteria a user is considered a moderator. I don't understand how a user is considered a moderator. Here are displayed those who were moderators of Xenforo several years ago but who are not there anymore. And those who are currently moderators are not shown.
Can you tell me how this works?

Thanks everyone for help :)

Good evening,
I have a small question, in the logs -> Moderator history section, at the top there is a small list to filter the moderators:

View attachment 255921
But I don't understand how on what criteria a user is considered a moderator. I don't understand how a user is considered a moderator. Here are displayed those who were moderators of Xenforo several years ago but who are not there anymore. And those who are currently moderators are not shown.
Can you tell me how this works?

Thanks everyone for help :)
It should be anyone who has performed a moderator action. It is the same filter that is in the admin panel.

@AndrewSimm
I saw option to make user moderated (or maybe not):

moderate-user.gif

How does it work?

And, how to "unmoderate" user?

What should be done to place all future posts by some user to moderation queue?

@AndrewSimm
I saw option to make user moderated (or maybe not):

moderate-user.gif

How does it work?

And, how to "unmoderate" user?

What should be done to place all future posts by some user to moderation queue?
When you moderate someone you are putting them in the defined user group from the admin panel. Once they are in this group there is a remove moderation link that replaces the moderate link.

OK, thanks, I'll set it up and see how it works, and report back.

EDIT: Just tested it, it works great, thanks @AndrewSimm for so great add-on, it should be in Xenforo by default.

Last edited:
Is something not working?
That's interesting. I am running 2.2.8 Patch 1 and I don't have that error.

What does it say under the template name?

Oh sorry it was a mistake on my part, I had previously made a modification in the template, my friend had to remove the addons and so when I reinstall them there was just an error in the template but nothing serious :)

Sorry to have really bothered you :)

Oh sorry it was a mistake on my part, I had previously made a modification in the template, my friend had to remove the addons and so when I reinstall them there was just an error in the template but nothing serious :)

Sorry to have really bothered you :)
No worries, I am glad it is working well for you.

• Love
Reactions: #Wz
Top Bottom