Ads Manager by Siropu

Ads Manager by Siropu [Paid] 1.26.9

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Page criteria is part of the XF's notice system and it works that way.
Normally when you add a criteria for one content type it does not affect other content type. This is quite different from how criteria normally work.
If I set a notice to display on specific categories of the XFMG and specific forums, then the notice will display in forums.
If I set an ad to display on specific categories of the XFMG and specific forums, then the notice will not display in forums.
Yes, it is used for ad statistics. 8 seconds when stats are disabled? That's strange. Ads are served from the cache so there are no queries. How many ads do you have?
I have setup 1 ad which is visible globally. This results in a lot of post requests on /index.php?ajax/count-impressions
I have disabled ad manager for now.

If I set a notice to display on specific categories of the XFMG and specific forums, then the notice will display in forums.
Actually, it won't. In notices if you select a Media Gallery category and a forum node, it won't show up anywhere.

This results in a lot of post requests on /index.php?ajax/count-impressions
Disable ad statistics to prevent that.

I've just installed a new version and I'm very happy to see a CPM option in there. That makes selling ads much easier.

What I really want to do is sell ad packages that have a 6-12 month length, priced in CPM for those advertisers used to thinking that way, and have the ad deliver over the campaign evenly (or something approximating even). Right now I have ads running that show network ad code. What I'm afraid is going to happen is if I open up advertising sales through Ad Manager someone will buy $500 in ads priced at a CPM and Ad Manager will burn through them as quickly as possible; I haven't found a way to say "show no more than 10,000 impressions per day," or "this ad shouldn't consume more than 1% of available ads," or any way to really limit a CPM ad.

Am I missing something?

Edited to add...

Is the best way to do what I'm wanting to do something like this:
- Figure out a minumum ad buy per slot.
- Convert that to a percentage of ad impressions, say 5%
- Create 20 ad slots, and fill 19 of them with my network ad delivery code
- As an ad is sold, delete one of the network code ad slots

Is there a better way to do what I'm talking about?

Another Edit...

Another way I could sell this to advertisers is if we could do something like limit ad display to x times to each user in a yy hour period, so I could toggle three times per day per user as a maximum or something.

Last edited:
Currently, the only option available is "Unique View Count Condition" in Ads Manager [General] admin options which allows you to count the view/impression every x hours for the same user. The ad will still show but it won't count.

Siropo, you give amazing support. Thank you.

A question on placeholders. Right now I've got Ads Manager with 5 ads running (1 for each ad slot); each ad is running ad code from an ad management company that's handling my inventory. Basically for a year Ads Manager has been an easier way to handle someone else's ad code. As I transition to directly sold ads I want to make sure I understand the best way to do so.

As I understand it:
  • Starting now, I have one ad per slot with network ad code running.
  • I have configured an ad package for this ad position and added my existing ad to it. It works. This ad is configured to not show as taking an available slot.
  • Let's say I have 10 slots configured, currently listed as 10/10 available, with my hidden ad running in the background.
  • I plan to configure a placeholder for this ad package, edit it to include my current ad code, delete my current ad, and open the package for sign-ups.
  • After I've done so I will have no ads assigned, 10/10 available, and a placeholder running my existing ad code.
Now, my question: as soon as the first advertiser signs up, we will have 9/10 ad slots available. Does this mean that 90% of the time my placeholder's code will run, and my single advertiser will receive 10% of the ad impressions from that as package? Then after the second advertiser signs up 80% of the impressions will be handled by the placeholder, and so on?

Thanks. If this works it means I don't need to create 9 "hidden" ads with the same code and manually delete each one after each ad sale, which was my plan until now. If this works it'll be sooooo much easier to manage. :D

Edited to add: for anyone else looking at this, placeholders only display when there are no ad slots filled. So my workaround was to create 9 ads owned by me that don't show in the slot count, and I'll delete one every time an ad in that package sells. That way each buyer is getting the percentage they paid for and nobody is flooding all of the ad slot with a single ad.

It sounds like a pain, but it look less than 10 minutes using the "clone" function.

Last edited:
@Derek Zeanah , you can just use one internal ad with ad setting Display Priority set to a higher value. Sorry for the late response, I missed your post for some reason.

@dondomainer, roughly equal display using the random display order. One could get slightly more impressions that the other if displayed one by one. My recommendation is to display all the ads in rotation using the JavaScript rotator feature. Using that feature, ads will rotate one by one without page refresh.

Hello !
I have seen that you include a feature to display a message when adblock is activated.
Does Ads manager provide statistics on the number of time this message is displayed ?
= is there a way to assess the proportion of users using adblock ?

Are banner ads supposed to be responsive? When I setup one or two banners in a location then it will go off screen on mobile screens.

It seems to depend on the location. For example above top breadcrumb works fine and you can see it reduce in size when you decrease browser width. Header does not reduce in with. It just pushes the banner above logo and outside view. I will show you.

@Siropu Is there any chance, in the near future, for v.1 or at least v.2, to have a feature or a criteria that shows an ad or another one based on consent given by a user?

I'm clearly speaking about gdpr and adsense personalised / non personalised ads that is driving us european customers crazy.

You mean an option in Ads Manager itself for users to choose if they want personalized or non-personalized adsense ads?

Yes, something that helps us manage the fact that we can not show personalized ads without explicit consent of the user. I realize it goes a bit beyond the purpose of your (great, by the way) add-on but I was just wondering if there is a possibility to implement such a feature.

I'm in the process of migrating my vb forum to XF2 and have purchased AdManager. On my vb forum I have horizontal and vertical ads in the current locations. I have a pre-install question: Will AdManager be able to handle the same banners and placements? Many thanks for your comments.

Attachments

• ad_positions.webp
    ad_positions.webp
    150.2 KB · Views: 17
Top Bottom