Ads Manager by Siropu

Ads Manager by Siropu [Paid] 1.26.9

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Hi, still having problems with rotating ads. have done the following:
created a package for footer ad, set this package to display on 5 nodes, the package has 5 slots
created a banner ad (code), set to inherit from package
the banner shows up fine
created another banner ad (code), set to inherit from package
the second banner will not display. have triple checked, both banners are active, part of the same package, set to inherit design

thanks for any help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 2.00.03 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 2.00.03 PM.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 1.59.50 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 1.59.50 PM.webp
    43 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 1.35.40 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 1.35.40 PM.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 8
The rotation is controlled via package settings.
If you want to display one ad a time randomly, you set "Maximum Ads Displayed" to 1 and "Ads Display Order:" to "Random".
If you want to rotate all ads at the same time without page reloading, you set "Maximum Ads Displayed" to the same value as "Maximum Ads Allowed" and "Rotate Ads Using JavaScript" enabled with 5 seconds or so time interval.

That helped a bit, at least the google ad and amazon ad now show, not having any luck with the ebay ad, do you know of any issues with ebay ads displaying? It works in a straight browser page but not in the xf system.

I've seen issues with ebay ads before and "Render-Blocking JavaScript" console errors due to ebay ads. Do you see any errors in the browser console?

Is it possible to target a specific thread, and specific locations within that thread and rotate banners.

What I did was create a package using the "After Post x Container" I selected positions, Item ID: 2,25

When I made the AD I tried it without the package, I listed the thread number, Thread ID is: 987114, the Item ID: 2,25 and it worked just fine.

I removed the Item ID because I wanted that to be a permanent part of the package so I could re-use it on other threads, I checked "Inherit Package Settings" and it didn't work. It removed my thread ID and place the ad across the entire website. In the correct position, but that's not what I wanted.

What I'm trying to do is target all sports related threads with rotating banners. What did I do wrong, what can I do?

Thanks

Packages are used to group ads in the same positions with the same criteria. If you want to target a different thread with each ad, you would have to use them without a package.

It doesn't work with widget framework unless you embed ads using the embed feature which uses an iframe. Each package/ad has this option in Controls menu.
Is this still the case? This would explain a lot. bd Widget is the 3rd most popular addon. We cant do without it.

I would like to offer banner ads in the following locations:
  1. Under navigation bar / above breadcrumb
  2. Top sidebar / under visitor panel
  3. Bottom sidebar
  4. Below Footer
How do I add custom positions?

Yes, I know. I already have active ads running. But the ads disappear after bd widget system is used. So now advertisers are asking what is going on.
Am I correct that there is some sort of conflict going on on those hooks?

I haven't seen a conflict where Ads Manager positions wouldn't work when WF is used. The positions you mentioned above are positions available by default in XF's templates so I don't know what's the issue with WF.

What you can try is, go the the templates that start with ad_, and add a custom hook below the original. Then go to Ads Manager positions are create some positions with those hook names and use those positions instead.

I want to try out Google Auto Ads on my site, but I only want that code to appear for guests. Has any tried Auto Ads in this way before?

Nothing seems to appear when I try to do this, I can see the code if I choose one of the breadcrumb options for example.

Last edited:
I've had this addon installed for a couple of weeks but only got around to trying it yesterday for the first time.

I set up an ad that contained a widget - here's the code of the widget:

Code:
<div class="reviewmgr-lookup" data-url="https://reviewmgr.com/reviewstheonlinedepartmentcom"></div><script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.reviewmgr.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, "script", "reviewmgr-wjs");</script>

And ever since then, myself and all my users get this error popup when we post messages on the forum:

"The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console."

I look at my Server Error Logs and there's nothing there.

The only way to fix this problem is then to switch off the addon.

So this leaves me unable to use this addon at the moment unfortunately so any help you could give me would be very much appreciated.

I want to try out Google Auto Ads on my site, but I only want that code to appear for guests.
AdSense suggests placing the code in the <head> tag of the page and there is no position for that in Ads Manager 1, only in Ads Manager 2.

@colcar, I've tried your code and works fine for me. Check the browser console and see what error has been logged there.

AdSense suggests placing the code in the <head> tag of the page and there is no position for that in Ads Manager 1, only in Ads Manager 2.

@colcar, I've tried your code and works fine for me. Check the browser console and see what error has been logged there.
Yes I know the code works, it was working nicely on my forum yesterday. I just included it so you could see what I put in the ad.

What I'm saying is that there is some sort of problem with your addon that creates this error:

"The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console."

Because the error continues happeneing even after I deleted the ad.

The error only stops happening when I turn off your addon.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it and the problem still exists.

Top Bottom