Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
In my case I had one package for the house ads (so sites I run, specific notices), 1 package which includes just the header location and another that includes both header and footer locations.

I guess I can merge 1 and 2, but 3 will need to be split into 2 separate? (Which is actually 4, coz needs mobile and desktop split)

Geo targeting uses the free maxmind database but only countries are supported at the moment. You can't target based on city/state.
Are there plans to support more granular than just Country level Geo Criteria? I've been seeing issues (well disguised click bots caching ad code got s period of time) more often that are originating from specific cities (i.e. common POPs for AWS) and was looking to not display ad code for a specific city to minimize revenue impact while targeting a regional area. Unfortunately, I'll need to look to another way... not displaying the ads would have been the least impact overall (i.e. real people could still get to the site, just without ads).

But if City-level geo support was to be coming soon, that would really make me happy. The quote here is from mid-2020.

Thanks,
-Alex

Siropu updated Ads Manager 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added package option to display ads in XF's post layout, when using thread view, conversation view or member view positions, where you can set an avatar, username and a title.

Bugs Fixed
Fixed an issue with impressions when using multiple positions with the same ad, where it only logs the last position in the page.

Disabling "User Ads Manager" for advertisers will still display "Advertise here" ads.
Fixed potential errors with statistics when expected values are false (inserted by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Request:
Allow counting views for <head> and <body> insert type ads.

I think this would be useful as I am outsourcing a lot of my ads to AdThrive who just give you a JS head include. This isn't tracked in Ads Manager now (I assume because no beacon is ever called), so I'm not able to compare with actual AdThrive logged calls.

For <head> and <body> includes, it would be cool if the "View count method" option would override to "When ad loaded".

We use Cloudflare Pro with WAF enabled. When trying to save an advert etc - this triggers a WAF rule: 100173 XSS, HTML Injection - Script Tag. The only solution is to disable the WAF for the save path. But this isn't really a safe thing to do.

Can this be rectified in a later version?

Hi @Siropu,

I've got a problem with one of my users when he clicks 'Daily Statistics' he gets a white page and it gives this error in the control panel:

• DivisionByZeroError: Template public:siropu_ads_manager_ad_daily_stats error: Division by zero
  • src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Entity/DailyStats.php:50
  • Generated by: xxx
  • Feb 26, 2022 at 9:37 AM

Stack trace​

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(160): Siropu\AdsManager\Entity\DailyStats->getCtr()
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(118): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('ctr')
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/siropu_ads_manager_ad_daily_stats.php(58): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('ctr')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('siropu_ads_mana...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('Siropu\\AdsManag...', 'public:siropu_a...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(71) "/ads-manager/statistics/xxxxxx/daily?ad_id=14"
["referrer"] => string(95) "https://www.xxxx.com/ads-manager/statistics/xxxxxx/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["ad_id"] => string(2) "14"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I'm not sure if this was something to do with it but for about 3-4 weeks it was marked 'Inactive' because he wanted to update his banner?

Alex

We use Cloudflare Pro with WAF enabled. When trying to save an advert etc - this triggers a WAF rule: 100173 XSS, HTML Injection - Script Tag. The only solution is to disable the WAF for the save path. But this isn't really a safe thing to do.

Can this be rectified in a later version?
You should add your ip to the Cloudflare WAF whitelist. I had the same problem and whitelisting works great.

I am running 2.4.8
Settings are correct so I don't see why it wouldn't work, unless you are using an older version of the add-on where the script carousel doesn't load due to source changes.
I was on 2.4.8, upgraded to 2.4.9. Ads are down to one showing, but still won't rotate. I have set a custom path for the images and JS. (set back on 2.4.6)

Siropu updated Ads Manager 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Now you can track impressions for JS scripts in "No wrapper" position category.
Added support for custom thread fields in position criteria.
Added support for decimal points in package discounts.

Bugs Fixed
"Footer fixed" position could be added twice in the template depending on the style you are using.
"Advertise here" link issue with fixed unit size where it cannot be clicked on.
Possible error with CTR calculation in daily stats.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fantastic addon, completely invaluable, thank you!

I have a request:

I would like to have an advert appear under the last post of a thread. Currently you can set ads to appear under the last post of a page (and every page of a thread), but targeting the last page is problematic as it is different for every thread. Currently pages within a thread can be targeted to a specific page number (or any page - page=0), but there is no way to select 'last page'. Thanks in advance, hope that makes sense!

I would like to have an advert appear under the last post of a thread.
Re-download the latest version and rebuild add-on data. Now you will have the option in position criteria to target the last page in a thread or conversation.

Top Bottom