Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
I've used this add on for a long time and been very pleased with it, thank you.

There's one 'niggle' that has always annoyed me though, and it'll be my fault and not the add-on but I'm wondering if there's anything the add-on can do to resolve it or if anyone can kindly resolve.

Within Above top breadcrumb I have

Code:
<div class="adcontainer">
<div class="GRVAd" data-ad-type="leaderboard" data-ad-sizeMapping="HeaderFooter" data-ad-fixedmapping="leaderboard" data-ad-refreshmapping="leaderboard"></div>
</div>

... but on every page load, the website loads first, followed by the ad so the page jumps around in an annoying way.

So like this;

View attachment 263949

... before the ad then loads;

View attachment 263950

Is there anything I can do to perhaps have the space there at least so the page doesnt shift as the ad appears?
Set a CSS ID on the parent DIV and give it a min-height of an appropriate size.

Bug:
Create a "code" ad - put in html code which includes an IMG tag.
Untick "Enable lazy loading".

Result:
The img tag is still converted to a lazy load style (data-src="image url") but because the "enable lazy load" box isn't checked, the actual js never runs and the image never shows up at all!

Expected:
Image code shouldn't be modified if lazy loading turned off.

Lazy loading is for loading ads after page loads. You seem to have "Enable image lazy loading" admin option enabled.
I know. But what I'm saying is the image doesn't lazy load if using a code ad.

It works fine for banner ads.

There really needs to be a way to either create combo packages, or restrict image sizes to positions.

At the moment, if you want to sell your header banner inventory and you have desktop (728x90) and mobile (320x50) - you need to have the advertiser sign up twice.

If we could restrict sizes per position, it could allow an advertiser to upload multiple size banners to a package and ads manager picks the appropriate one.

@Siropu has this add-on been tested with php 8.1 much?

One of my clients has reported this on their php 8.1 test instance (using Ads Manager v2.4.4);
Code:
ErrorException: [E_DEPRECATED] mb_strtolower(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated src/vendor/dokuwiki/utf8/utf8.php:333
Generated by: Unknown account Feb 3, 2022 at 5:50 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(8192, '[E_DEPRECATED] ...', '/var/www/sites/...', 333)
#1 src/vendor/dokuwiki/utf8/utf8.php(333): mb_strtolower(NULL, 'utf-8')
#2 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Util/Arr.php(27): utf8_strtolower(NULL)
#3 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Entity/Ad.php(1420): Siropu\AdsManager\Util\Arr::getItemArray(NULL, true)
#4 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(534): Siropu\AdsManager\Entity\Ad->getItemId()
#5 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(355): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->prepareAdsForDisplay()
#6 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Template/Ad.php(346): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->setAds()
#7 src/addons/Siropu/AdsManager/Listener.php(38): Siropu\AdsManager\Template\Ad->__construct(Object(XF\Pub\App), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Extension.php(69): Siropu\AdsManager\Listener::templaterGlobalData(Object(XF\Pub\App), Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2853): XF\Extension->fire('templater_globa...', Array, NULL)
#10 src/XF/App.php(2076): XF\App->fire('templater_globa...', Array)
#11 src/XF/App.php(1946): XF\App->getGlobalTemplateData(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Pub/App.php(450): XF\App->preRender(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(397): XF\Pub\App->preRender(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#15 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}

Hello! Is there a way to insert banners between nodes on the home page? For example, on this forum, a banner between "Official Forum" and "Public Forum".

Thank you

There really needs to be a way to either create combo packages, or restrict image sizes to positions.

At the moment, if you want to sell your header banner inventory and you have desktop (728x90) and mobile (320x50) - you need to have the advertiser sign up twice.

If we could restrict sizes per position, it could allow an advertiser to upload multiple size banners to a package and ads manager picks the appropriate one.
I set up a 2nd user group, and added people who bought a desktop package to it, and made a 0 dollar mobile size package that was only available if you bought a desktop package. When they bought the desktop package, it would automatically add them to the other user group, which is the only user group that can see the mobile package. But yeah, still a bit awkward.

I set up a 2nd user group, and added people who bought a desktop package to it, and made a 0 dollar mobile size package that was only available if you bought a desktop package. When they bought the desktop package, it would automatically add them to the other user group, which is the only user group that can see the mobile package. But yeah, still a bit awkward.
I considered this too, but they could then game the system by getting loads of free mobile packages 😮

Will look into that. Thanks.

Yes. "Node list below category x container" position with Position criteria "Item ID" set to the actual ID of the node.

Thank you!

I would also like to insert a banner within all the first posts, immediately under the test of the first post. It's possible? Should I enter it in Thred View Position (below message)? And to insert it in all the first posts of all the pages?

Is there a way to insert a banner right inside the first post (not below), just after the text post?
Below first thread post content

You can enable admin option "Enable position visualization" to view which predefined positions are available on a page when you visit.

How do we limit the amount of ads per position?

I have 3 packages that all target the same position, but if you ad one ad to each package, it will then show 3 ads at that position each time, rather than randomly pick one. Is it supposed to be like this, or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Top Bottom