Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Under list positions, miscellaneous, the option for "sidebar below" for what I'm assuming is to show a eg. Google ad below the sidebar (wherever the sidebar is). Problem is I see it on forum list, forum view, positions but not on thread view. I am not interested on showing the ad, below on forum list, just forum view and thread view so how do I make this happen?

If I select "Sidebar below thread view" under thread view position for example, it does not show the ad below the sidebar as you can see with the pictures below. Thank you in advance for any help provided @Siropu

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 09-03-06 Ads The Fig Spot - Admin control panel.pngScreenshot 2021-12-20 at 09-03-22 First Attempt at Rooting Figs .png

Problem is I see it on forum list, forum view, positions but not on thread view. I am not interested on showing the ad, below on forum list, just forum view and thread view so how do I make this happen?
It should display no meter where the sidebar is. Can you see the ad code in the page source? Could be that there are no ads to be served and the ad is hidden.

I'm trying to work out how to sell one package with multiple sizes, then have the 768x90 image show if it's desktop and 320x50 if mobile.

I don't want a user to need to sign up to two packages, just the one and they upload the two images.

is this possible?

That's a real shame as I want to sell packages all in one.

Is there a way to pass the banner size across using the macro tag?

Code:
<xf:macro template="siropu_ads_manager_ad_macros" name="ad_unit" arg-position="header_mobile" />

If not, that would be a lovely feature request 😁

Or maybe a way to create package combos?

Last edited:
You cannot actually limit 100k impressions per package unless I make some changes to the "impressions distribution" option to take into consideration the number of active ads and limit the views per ad accordingly.
Just curious if you had thought anymore about this. I'd feel a lot more confidant if I could set a max impressions per package and not allow the purchaser to buy more CPM that what is left in that package.

Also do CPM calculations go by calendar month? 30 Days from purchase? or?
If I buy 1k CPM on Jan 30th .... when will that run till?

Just curious if you had thought anymore about this.
No near term plans for this.

Also do CPM calculations go by calendar month? 30 Days from purchase? or?
From purchase.
If I buy 1k CPM on Jan 30th .... when will that run till?
If you set "Impressions distribution" to 30 days, you get around 33 impressions per day over a period of 30 days. The system is not perfect so you can get your 1K a bit sooner or later than 30 days.

Is there a way to display a banner after 1st post in thread view but the banner itself is a 2nd post in the thread.
No, not out of the box. You would have to modify the template siropu_ads_manager_ad_macros -> the macro ad_unit. You would need an if condition like <xf:if is="$position == 'post_below_container_1'"> and then build a post-like container around the banners. Not easy..

I'm struggling a bit here. I'm trying to get a banner ad position to rotate automatically every 9 seconds. I've enabled carousel, but I think I've got a setting wrong somewhere. It's not rotating the banners. I have 2 banners currently in the position (with more to load later). Can't get it to rotate automatically. Where have I screwed up?

1642878527251.webp

I've used this add on for a long time and been very pleased with it, thank you.

There's one 'niggle' that has always annoyed me though, and it'll be my fault and not the add-on but I'm wondering if there's anything the add-on can do to resolve it or if anyone can kindly resolve.

Within Above top breadcrumb I have

Code:
<div class="adcontainer">
<div class="GRVAd" data-ad-type="leaderboard" data-ad-sizeMapping="HeaderFooter" data-ad-fixedmapping="leaderboard" data-ad-refreshmapping="leaderboard"></div>
</div>

... but on every page load, the website loads first, followed by the ad so the page jumps around in an annoying way.

So like this;

... before the ad then loads;

Is there anything I can do to perhaps have the space there at least so the page doesnt shift as the ad appears?

Last edited:
Top Bottom