Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
EDIT: Also got this when I tried to uninstall v1.2.0.
I narrowed this down to a bug I introduced that affected the uninstall code.

Code:
Callback AddOnInstaller_Listener::load_class is invalid (Invalid Method).

Same error. In my case I uninstalled the add-on installer, uploaded the files and XML, "Install from file on server." I've redownloaded the addon, reuploaded to the server, installed from XML uploaded in the browser or sitting on disk in the web root folder and upload folders. Reading the post about files in disk vs memory, I've tried to resubmit it repeatedly, even gave the server a reboot for good measure and repeated it all.

Any other clues for getting around this "edge-case?"
Can you delete the library/AddOnInstaller off disk and make sure the 1.2.0 contents are uploaded properly?

A clean install should work properly, the upgrade path is a bit broken but I've submitted a fix for that.

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method ConvEss_Model_AddOn::getAllUpdateChecks() in /home/immobili/public_html/library/AddOnInstaller/Listener.php on line 18

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method ConvEss_Model_AddOn::getAllUpdateChecks() in /home/immobili/public_html/library/AddOnInstaller/Listener.php on line 18
Upgrade this addon the traditional way, not using this addon to update itself.

Code:

similar problem here

Code:
[09-Jun-2015 20:07:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_AddOn::getAllUpdateChecks() in /home/thumped/public_html/bbs/library/AddOnInstaller/Listener.php on line 18

Upgrade this addon the traditional way, not using this addon to update itself.

i'll remember to do that once i regain access to admin.php... for now, a white screen, the above error in error_log, and disabling listeners in config.php makes no difference.

halp.

i'll remember to do that once i regain access to admin.php... for now, a white screen, the above error in error_log, and disabling listeners in config.php makes no difference.
  • Move /library/AddOnInstaller to /library/AddOnInstaller.bad
  • That should give you access back to the admin panel.
  • Disable the AddOnInstaller addon.
  • Move /library/AddOnInstaller.bad back to /library/AddOnInstaller
  • Upgrade the addon using normal process (not using the addon)
  • Re-enable listeners (config.php)
  • Re-enable the addon.

That's a variation on what I just did to get round the same problem

• That should give you access back to the admin panel.
  • Re-enable listeners (config.php)
  • Re-enable the addon.
That's a variation on what I just did to get round the same problem

Almost, but this is what i had to do:

• Access admin panel
  • Re-enable the addon.

Well, to be fair, it used to work fine :)

But there are some technical issues that are hard to overcome when certain things are changed or added.

Also disabling listeners should have worked fine but there's an additional bug which I am releasing a fix for momentarily.

Chris D updated Add-on Install & Upgrade with a new update entry:

Important: Please read

Please disable the add-on from the Admin CP before attempting to upgrade the add-on. This means you should not attempt to update the add-on by using the add-on itself.

If you are experiencing errors, please first upload the files from this version, and then disable event listeners by adding the following to config.php:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

Then, disable the add-on and upgrade by going to List Add-ons > Add-on Installer: Controls >...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Well, to be fair, it used to work fine :)

But there are some technical issues that are hard to overcome when certain things are changed or added.

Also disabling listeners should have worked fine but there's an additional bug which I am releasing a fix for momentarily.
all great now, thanks

Literally updated this about 15mins ago lol

And I used the add-on to do so :)
To be fair, it will only fail under certain conditions and usually it would be ok.

Certainly if anyone has issues, it can now be mitigated by disabling listeners in config and then doing the upgrade the traditional way.

Reactions: Xon
I upgraded earlier this morning to 1.2.1 using manual FTP upload. (I think anyone who tries to use this addon to upgrade itself is nuts.)

Just saw this note about 1.2.2, so I downloaded it, but when I expand the zip, the new folder name has 1.2.1, not 1.2.2... does it still contain the new 1.2.2 code?

To be fair, it will only fail under certain conditions and usually it would be ok.

Yeah, after I hit "Update", I was concerned if it was going to be OK, because it's a bit like changing a wheel on a car as you're driving it lol

But it worked fine for me, so now, I have to test something else out, where's my car keys...............;)

I upgraded earlier this morning to 1.2.1 using manual FTP upload. (I think anyone who tries to use this addon to upgrade itself is nuts.)

Just saw this note about 1.2.2, so I downloaded it, but when I expand the zip, the new folder name has 1.2.1, not 1.2.2... does it still contain the new 1.2.2 code?
Yeah just ignore that. Serves me right for doing it in a hurry :)

Hi,

When installing this add-on: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/game-servers.2652/ - Since it's a premium one, you have to do it the old school way. But when you try to do the XML it has this error:

Note: I just shut off Add-on install and upgrade, and it worked fine. Then turned it back on.

Server Error
String could not be parsed as XML

1. SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 0
  2. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getXmlType() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 27
  3. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/gamersfire.com/html/community/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom