Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Thanks for your reply. Do I need to run this command as it is after the cd?
Code:
chown -R www-data:www-data *
Let's say your files for the forum are in /var/www/html
cd /var/www/html

That should recursively assign the own to user www-data and group www-data for all your files/directories in that location.
If you are using CentOS with Centmin Mod, the owner will be different. I believe it's nginx:nginx, and if using OpenLiteSpeed on Debian it's nobody:nogroup.

Last edited:
Let's say your files for the forum are in /var/www/html
cd /var/www/html

That should recursively assign the own to user www-data and group www-data for all your files/directories in that location.
If you are using CentOS with Centmin Mod, the owner will be different. I believe it's nginx:nginx, and if using OpenLiteSpeed on Debian it's nobody:nogroup.

Hi again Tracy,

Now, I got into a different problem..

Code:
mkdir(): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 72
XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 134
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /html/admin.php at line 13

You also need to make sure that all your directories and files have write permission for the group that the HTTP server runs under.
for the files
Code:
find /directory/path/to/files -type f -name '*' -exec chmod 664 {} \;
for the directories
Code:
cd /path/to/your/files
find . -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 775

You also need to make sure that all your directories and files have write permission for the group that the HTTP server runs under.
for the files
Code:
for the directories
Code:
cd /path/to/your/files

Do I have to change anything other than the folder path? I'm still getting the same error. :(

There are some things that could cause issues (like if you are running any software security that controls permissions and changes them). You may also need to restart your HTTP server.

There are some things that could cause issues (like if you are running any software security that controls permissions and changes them). You may also need to restart your HTTP server.

I'm not sure if I have a security software. I think only fail2ban. I only have httpd, is it the same with http?

for the files
Code:
for the directories
Code:
cd /path/to/your/files

I have nginx:nginx as user. Should I use this line as well? find /directory/path/to/files -type f -name '*' -exec chmod 664 {} \;

That one does all the individual files to permissions for the HTTP group also... I do it on my sites typically, especially if I've manually copied files over under my user account and then changed the ownership of them with the chown process.

Hi and thanks for this addon ....

Sorry i´m a new Xenforo user and you say to upload the file to the Xenforo root folder......But where exatly ?

Thanks.

I just got the strangest error, so I searched here for it and found hits in this thread

The error I got when trying to install an addon was "Only proper Resource Manager URLs are valid"

The problem is, I wasn't installing from a RM URL. I was installing from Old School.

Just before I tried this with the addon in question (User Banner Groups), I had:

1) Upgraded from XF 1.4.6 to 1.4.7
2) Installed the addon Forum Backup

Nothing else. When I installed Forum Backup, it let me do this from the Zip file link option, no problem. When I tried to install UBG using the Zip file option, it would think for a second and then just spit me out to the Installed Add-Ons page. So I thought Hmmmm...something isn't right.

So then I uploaded the files and tried Old school, that's when I got the error. I have nothing typed into the RM URL fields.

I disabled the Install & Upgrade addon, and I was able to manually install the UBG addon.

Weird issue.

Up until now I have never had an issue updating addons but now for some reason it is saying:
"Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password."

After I hit install update.

My credentials are entered and are correct.

Reactions: TJK
Same:
Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password.
Same, just happen today.
Maybe the switch to Nginx on XenForo affect this.

ya i am seeing this to and i am on normal apache.... Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password.

i haven't updated my site in months just hopped on and this happen :(

plezz fix asap

Waindigo's updater works fine.. but this one broke :(

This addon is attempting to login via http, and since xenforo.com has moved from using apache to nginx to configuration has broken how the redirection used to work.

I've submitted a fix to @Chris D (which does include some other changes)

Reactions: rdn
Chris D updated Add-on Install & Upgrade with a new update entry:

Fix login bug, plus some minor improvements

This release is purely down to the hard work of @Xon. Thank you for working on this.

This update fixes the recent issue brought around by XF.com's move to nginx (and the much older move to https).

There are some other minor improvements moving to use things like template modifications rather than template hooks.

Everyone say thank you @Xon

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom