Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Not totally sure I understand the question but if you want to replace add-on files that you deleted you could just install the add-on again through the add-on installer.

Not totally sure I understand the question but if you want to replace add-on files that you deleted you could just install the add-on again through the add-on installer.

Sorry didn't make myself clear. The problem was I restored my back-up files and used the new database. So the add-ons are installed in the new database but not in the files/templates/codes or php, etc. I thought you have a separate directory where you put the installed add on's files but Brogan cleared to me that it's just at the same place like in manual installation of add-ons. It's working fine now. Thank you. :)

I am getting this error:

Code:
ErrorException: copy(./install/data/addon-Waindigo_EmailIdleUsers.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php:60
Generated By: Tyler, Yesterday at 10:51 PM

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'copy(./install/...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 60, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/forums.com/public/library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php(60): copy('/home/nginx/dom...', './install/data/...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/forums.com/public/library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php(64): AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy('/home/nginx/dom...', './install/data')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/forums.com/public/library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php(64): AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy('/home/nginx/dom...', './install')
#4 /home/nginx/domains/forums.com/public/library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(249): AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy('install/addons/...', '.')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/forums.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/forums.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/nginx/domains/forums.com/public/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Code:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "[URL='http://forums.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade']http://forums.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade[/URL]"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/install-upgrade"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["resource_url"] => string(73) "[URL]https://xenforo.com/community/threads/email-idle-users-by-waindigo.54024/[/URL]"
["login"] => string(5) "tdubs"
["password"] => string(8) "*************"
["server_file_oldskool"] => string(0) ""
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

I know this a permission denied error, but where can I correct these permission problems? I am the server manager, so I've got access to do whatever. I'm using CentOS 6.5 if you need to know.

Thanks!

Odds are it's a permission problem that is not allowing your HTTP server to write to the /install directory. You can set up directory to allow the HTTP server group to write to it.

Last edited:
I allowed my /install directory and directories within to be writable and I still get the error.
writeable by the HTTP owner? Or the HTTP group? Normally I set mine at 664 for files and 775 for directories and assign it as http_owner:http_group (where those are the http user and groups I use).

I am indian and last time when i tries adding donate button my paypal account was made to be limited where in i was not allowed do transactions...will this resource solve dat problem ?

This add on has nothing to do with PayPal I think you need or are looking for something else.

isn't it a donation button ?
No, this is an add-on that allows you to install other add-ons by directly browsing to the add-on on your local HD and installing or installing it directly from XenForo resource manager instead of manually uploading the files and then running the XML via the ACP (which is detailed extensively from the add-on description page).

Hi,

I have set my permissions to 0755 and got this error..

copy(./library/LiamW/.DS_Store): failed to open stream: Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. copy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 60
  3. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 64
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 64
  5. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->recursiveCopy() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 249
  6. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /public_html/admin.php at line 13

What permission should I use?

Last edited:
What permission should I use?
If you notice.. it's trying to write to a file in the /library location. You only typically set the 777/775 perms for the /data and /internal_data.

If you are on your own VPS/dedi, then you need to change the file ownership of the files to the HTTP server owner and that should resolve it.

SSH into the system, do a cd into wherever your files are and then do a recursive chown to the HTTP user (frequently with Apache it will be chown -R www-data:www-data *).

If you notice.. it's trying to write to a file in the /library location. You only typically set the 777/775 perms for the /data and /internal_data.

If you are on your own VPS/dedi, then you need to change the file ownership of the files to the HTTP server owner and that should resolve it.

SSH into the system, do a cd into wherever your files are and then do a recursive chown to the HTTP user (frequently with Apache it will be chown -R www-data:www-data *).

Hello Tracy,

Thanks for your reply. Do I need to run this command as it is after the cd?
Code:
chown -R www-data:www-data *

Top Bottom