Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
I dunno. It's some of the oldest code I've written so it's not something I'm particularly proud of :)

At some point I was going to rewrite the entire thing with some new features. I think certainly the current code wouldn't allow much additional expansion without some radical changes.

@Xon has expressed some interest in expanding upon this.

If Xon wishes to do that in a collaborative fashion via GitHub, I have no problem with that, though I'll leave that decision somewhat up to him.

Reactions: Xon
I'ld prefer a collaborative fashion via GitHub, I've got all my free addons hosted on there.

But I can't offer any promises on timeframe for improvements, as my day job is a full-time software developer which tends to leave both little time and little motivation for hobby programming.

Hi I just installed your addon and when I try to load a new addon the get this error message:
This filter needs the zip extension

1. Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
  2. Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
  3. Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 29
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 146
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 13
Any ideas?

I've installed v1.2.0 from scratch (yes, I uninstalled v1.1.3, uploaded v1.2.0 files to FTP, then used the provided xml). But I'm still getting the login issue.
Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password.
That was when I was trying to install a new add-on through RM link (not updating).

EDIT: Also got this when I tried to uninstall v1.2.0.
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'dbname.xf_addon_update_check' doesn't exist

EDIT2: Well, boom, my forum broke. Can't install any add-on now. Keep getting this:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'install_upgrade_filename' in 'field list'

Last edited:
Also tried to install the update today got and now this add on is showing even though it's still 1.1.3 ???
You can't use v1.1.3 to update via RM to 1.2.0 since it can't correctly poll RM any more.

If you manually download the zip, and then install 1.2.0 zip via the "old skool" method it should work.

I've installed v1.2.0 from scratch (yes, I uninstalled v1.1.3, uploaded v1.2.0 files to FTP, then used the provided xml). But I'm still getting the login issue.

That was when I was trying to install a new add-on through RM link (not updating).

EDIT: Also got this when I tried to uninstall v1.2.0.

EDIT2: Well, boom, my forum broke. Can't install any add-on now. Keep getting this:
This addon doesn't have any references to "install_upgrade_filename", and how the xf_addon_update_check table is removed can not error like that (the only sane failure case is a permission denied error).

What other addons do you have installed?

:edit: @BobbyWibowo The column 'install_upgrade_filename' is added by the addon Install and Upgrade by Waindigo addon. Not this addon

Last edited:
On upgrade (old school),

Code:
Callback AddOnInstaller_Listener::load_class is invalid (Invalid Method).

If there are issues installing through the add on then disable the add on and install the old fashioned way by uploading the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XF install and uploading the XML file on the Install add-on page in the Admin CP.

On upgrade (old school),

Code:
This is an edge-case that neither addon installer really handles properly, trying again should work.

Last edited:
:)

I know what the bug is. It is just a hard one to fix.

The files have been copied, so the on-disk version is up-to date. But because the old files are in memory already, the new version can't be loaded. This causes the new XML to be compared against the old code, which causes that error.

Retrying causes the new code to be loaded so the XML can be correctly applied.

This addon doesn't have any references to "install_upgrade_filename", and how the xf_addon_update_check table is removed can not error like that (the only sane failure case is a permission denied error).

What other addons do you have installed?

:edit: @BobbyWibowo The column 'install_upgrade_filename' is added by the addon Install and Upgrade by Waindigo addon. Not this addon
Seems like it conflicted with that add-on during the upgrade. I had that one installed because it proves to be useful on upgrading XenForo. Besides they claims to be compatible with this addon.

Anyway I'll try some ideas that I've in mind to get my board back to its feet.

EDIT: Well, that was simple. Reinstalled Waindigo's addon and then installed this addon. Now I can upgrade other addons just fine. Thanks for the update by the way!

Last edited:
Code:
This is an edge-case that neither addon installer really handles properly, trying again should work.

Same error. In my case I uninstalled the add-on installer, uploaded the files and XML, "Install from file on server." I've redownloaded the addon, reuploaded to the server, installed from XML uploaded in the browser or sitting on disk in the web root folder and upload folders. Reading the post about files in disk vs memory, I've tried to resubmit it repeatedly, even gave the server a reboot for good measure and repeated it all.

Any other clues for getting around this "edge-case?"

Top Bottom