[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
This version is a lot more convoluted than earlier versions, and definitely NOT beginner-friendly. :/
Except the things you seem to be hung up on are core Xenforo settings, and not Xenporta2...

Friendly URLs are a core part of Xenforo, as it's the home route changer.

Is it possible to rename the articles page? I have resources that already use that url.
I don't think so... XP2 is such a large mid that it would be a lot of work to change its core route. Maybe try changing the route of the other mod?

Uugghhh, need some help @Jaxel

Due to the previous problem I mentioned with live thread and xenporta breaking, I merged a couple of threads. One was featured. Something in the process has left me with a featured thread that I can't unfeature.

I guess the feature is probably in the thread redirect somehow.

What do you need to know? What do I need to do?

EDIT - found a different redirect of which I was unaware. Perm delete that removed feature.
I dunno man... XP2 doesn't actually change threads. It doesn't affect any core XF tables. All is really is, is a custom view processor.

I don't think so... XP2 is such a large mid that it would be a lot of work to change its core route. Maybe try changing the route of the other mod?
Thanks for the quick reply. The other mod's reason for existence is articles so it becomes complicated. I'll figure something out :)

Except the things you seem to be hung up on are core Xenforo settings, and not Xenporta2...
Nope, it's not just the URL thing. I'm still trying to figure out how to set up Xenporta2 as a simple portal home-page. This should take a matter of minutes, not hours/days.

And yes, I've watched the video (not that there should be any need for tutorials with a portal...). This version is definitely more convoluted than all other portal add-ons I've used before, and I've been using a variety of portals for over 8 years.

Last edited:
@Jaxel How difficult and is there a guide for making Layouts for views that aren't apart of your included set. Is their a guide on doing this?

What version do you have now? 1.1.0a? That is the latest that I know of. I think you should receive an email notice if a new version to you is available.

Last edited:
Enable External Images
This will allow you to use any images included using the tag as a promotion icon.
That setting doesn't use the xenforo image proxy when both are enabled. can this be fixed?

Forgive me if this has been asked, but can I upgrade directly from 1.0.7 to 1.1.0a or will I need to step through each one

Is this possible to add RSS widgets on your portal system?

Example : Rotoworld, Espn (sports widgets),...

Regards,

When I'm on the actual page of an article and it has no categories set, the + button links to "."

Code:
<a href="." class="button OverlayTrigger" data-cacheoverlay="false">+</a>

If I'm on the home page index, the button works fine, and once one category is set, the + button works fine on the article page itself

When I'm on the actual page of an article and it has no categories set, the + button links to "."

Code:
<a href="." class="button OverlayTrigger" data-cacheoverlay="false">+</a>

If I'm on the home page index, the button works fine, and once one category is set, the + button works fine on the article page itself
I'm not seeing this on my end. There is no conditional on this link; so there is nothing that should cause this error. Possibly one of your skin edits?

@Jaxel

Having a frustrating issue. I DL'd [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) v1.1.0a, installed as per instructions. Changed "forums/" to "articles/" in the Basic Board Information section as per the faq and deleted home page url so I did not have two home tabs.

Then I went to Option Groups:[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO to Enable Widget Framwork as per the intro Video.

So this is what my sites homepage looks like "without" Article List checked or any widget framworks enabled:
hompagenormal.png

Now then when I check Article List as so:
xenporta_options.png

My Home Page goes completely blank nothing not a thing there:

homepageafter.png

I can not get Xenporta 2 to work for the life of me. When I enable Article List widget framwork it kills my home page and leaves it an empty white blank.

Please help me solve this issue I would really like to use the widget framwork.

Edit:

I sincerely need help the widget framework doesn't work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom