[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
There is no way to show extra HTML blocks with Option sets! You can only switch back and forth as far as I can see it's not what I want!

We need like a way to just add more custom HTML blocks really shouldn't be that hard for the author to add this feature since he made one he can make more or add a function to create more.
Umm... but thats EXACTLY what option sets are made for... Please watch the tutorial vids.

There is no way to show extra HTML blocks with Option sets! You can only switch back and forth as far as I can see it's not what I want!

We need like a way to just add more custom HTML blocks really shouldn't be that hard for the author to add this feature since he made one he can make more or add a function to create more.
You can add as many html widget you want using the option set. You're just not using it correctly.

The featured article slider shouldn't do it's cycle process if there is only one thing featured. The pager icon should be hidden as well

Hi there @Jaxel and welcome back
On behalf of a user question I answered yesterday will I actually ask you this.

do you have any plans to make an "importer" for Xenporta V1 blocks into Xenporta 2 ?
and preferably BD widget framework Widgets as well, even though that's a bit far fetched wish from my side :3

Umm... but thats EXACTLY what option sets are made for... Please watch the tutorial vids.

I did watch the video before I posted my issue! At the time I tried it a few updates back it wouldn't let me add another HTML Widget for some reason so I assumed that wasn't possible! I just went through it without re-watching the video and it allowed me to add the extra HTML Widget!

So thanks for everyones help!

Now that we all know I am blind I have a request... is it possible to have a PHP Widget?? I have something I want to add...

@Jaxel

We're still having problems with promoting a thread to an article after installing Xenporta 2. It doesn't do anything and it's still stuck on the previous article promotion that I believe was there from the previous Xenporta 1 setup. What is a good way to debug this problem?

@Jaxel

We're still having problems with promoting a thread to an article after installing Xenporta 2. It doesn't do anything and it's still stuck on the previous article promotion that I believe was there from the previous Xenporta 1 setup. What is a good way to debug this problem?
You cant have both XP1 and XP2 running at the same time. You need to put XP1 into disabled mode.

Also, the reason why your portal is seeing XP1 threads instead of XP2 threads is because the XP2 page is different... its not at /portal, its now at /articles.

Now that we all know I am blind I have a request... is it possible to have a PHP Widget?? I have something I want to add...
If you want to run PHP code, why dont you make a simple widget for it? I've made it simple enough.

Hi there @Jaxel and welcome back
On behalf of a user question I answered yesterday will I actually ask you this.

do you have any plans to make an "importer" for Xenporta V1 blocks into Xenporta 2 ?
and preferably BD widget framework Widgets as well, even though that's a bit far fetched wish from my side :3
Widgets are too different for there to be an "importer". Also, I'm not back... still in St. Maarten.

The featured article slider shouldn't do it's cycle process if there is only one thing featured. The pager icon should be hidden as well
Thats just a quirk in the system, and something that really won't occur that often. Just feature another article.

You cant have both XP1 and XP2 running at the same time. You need to put XP1 into disabled mode.

Also, the reason why your portal is seeing XP1 threads instead of XP2 threads is because the XP2 page is different... its not at /portal, its now at /articles.

- We don't have XP1 running. It is disabled, as per your instructions.
- We are pointing to /articles also, as per your FAQ.

We're going to uninstall XP1 completely and see if that helps.

Uugghhh, need some help @Jaxel

Due to the previous problem I mentioned with live thread and xenporta breaking, I merged a couple of threads. One was featured. Something in the process has left me with a featured thread that I can't unfeature.

I guess the feature is probably in the thread redirect somehow.

What do you need to know? What do I need to do?

EDIT - found a different redirect of which I was unaware. Perm delete that removed feature.

Last edited:
The status update widget won't fit in my sidebar... @Jaxel Please help!

6e65241b69c164e3c9c2d7b7b848c8d0.png

Hi, can someone help me with a xenporta question please?

I want to be clear on how to set up the URL so that it is like this...

www.myURL.com = Homepage (XenPorta)
www.myURL.com/forum = my forum

(the same way it is at 8wayrun, so I know it's possible)

But at the moment my Xenforo is in a folder called 'forum' and when I install xenporta the URL for the homepage seems to be www.myURL.com/forum/index.php (or something like that). And I dont want the /forum/ part in the homepage url.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Thanks but that doesn't work quite how I wanted it.

The URL of the homepage is now : www.myURl.com/index.php?articles/
The URL of the Forum is now : http://www.myURL.com/index.php

I want it to be like it is on 8wayrun... simply myURL.com for the homepage, and myURL.com/forum for the forum.
You will need to set the index page route to articles in the acp basic board information to change the index page to show articles. When you click on the forum link in the navigation bar it will automatically point to the forums.

Hope this helps....

Itworx4me

Top Bottom