[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hi e'one, I'm a XP1 user from way back, have been awol for a while due to young children! Had no idea that XP2 had been released a yr ago!!! Wow!

Anyway, apologies if I've missed this somewhere as I did spend some time searching before posting this, but does the XP2 addon still include support for the 'Donations' block?
I've amazingly not found any other good replacement Donation addons, but also don't see any mention of Donations in the included widgets for XP2?

Thx in advance,
Fris.
The donations block in the old XP1 was only put in so that I could show people how expandable the widget system was... but I didn't feel like supporting it through the Paypal API changes that were happening at the time. So I haven't rewritten it for XP2.

The donations block in the old XP1 was only put in so that I could show people how expandable the widget system was... but I didn't feel like supporting it through the Paypal API changes that were happening at the time. So I haven't rewritten it for XP2.
Oh dear ... that makes me a sad panda!
So, do you have any suggested alternatives or options for those (like me) that LOOOOOVE the Donations block in XP1? :(

Hello,

I have a registered copy of your XenPorta 2 and I want to download the latest version. How can I do this.

David

Hi

I would love to have a feature so that I can publish articles prewriten at a certain time. I.e. I write an article on a Sunday afternoon, but it shall be visible to users only at Wednesday at 5am. Everything automatic.

Is this already possible somehow and if not, would that be a fetaure you could implement in the future?

Hello,

I have a registered copy of your XenPorta 2 and I want to download the latest version. How can I do this.

David
PM me the email you purchased with and I'll make sure it gets resent to you.

Hi

I would love to have a feature so that I can publish articles prewriten at a certain time. I.e. I write an article on a Sunday afternoon, but it shall be visible to users only at Wednesday at 5am. Everything automatic.

Is this already possible somehow and if not, would that be a fetaure you could implement in the future?
You can post-date promotions... that will make it so they get promoted at certain times, though the thread will still be visible. However, XP2 uses the built in thread creation system... so if there is another addon out there that delays publication, you could use that in conjuction with this.

Hey Jaxel,

Anywhere I can leave a suggestion, here or you got a better place:)?
Here is fine.

@Jaxel,

I have 2 ideas, one for your XenPorta 2 and one for XenRio but I think ill just post the 2 ideas here if it's okay:)

Idea 1:
For XenPorta 2, could it be an idea to have a way where all Threads that has been made into an article is getting stored, like a "Library" so people can easily find them? I noticed this website https://www.kinmunity.com/forums/library/ has a library, could be cool having the same feature with this addon, to add a "Library" tab with all the articles in, sorry if it's already possible.

Idea 2:
For XenRio, Any way to embed Twitch.tv VODs or evenbetter upload Twitch.tv VODs to the current "Media" addon Xenforo has:)?

Best regards Shamatix

Hey @Jaxel, thanks for the regular updates!

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a style properties page for the custom comments layout. The default custom comments page is quite ugly, but I really like how you've changed it on 8wayrun. A style properties page to adjust the colours, avatar width column, buttons, etc would be really nice and make this easier to use.

Many thanks :)

Edit: I think the problem may have been with my forum skin changing how it's displayed. It looks much nicer on the default skin. Sorry to bother you!

Last edited:
You can post-date promotions... that will make it so they get promoted at certain times, though the thread will still be visible. However, XP2 uses the built in thread creation system... so if there is another addon out there that delays publication, you could use that in conjuction with this.

Would both be not a great idea for a new feature of this plugin?

1. One option, so that the thread only appears at the time stamp of the post-date promotions (i.e. put in the meantime the thread under moderation).

2. Another option build in to delay the publication in conjunction with the XP2 build in thread creation system.

What do you think about this?

Do I just simply download and upload in Admin addon area of my forum?
You really need to familiarize yourself with the entire website process. Uploading the files via FTP then running the XML script, etc. These are basic skills that you will need for any addon.

Oh dear ... that makes me a sad panda!
So, do you have any suggested alternatives or options for those (like me) that LOOOOOVE the Donations block in XP1? :(
Just giving this a nudge.
Can Jaxel or anyone reading this offer any suggestions for an alternative Donations addon, similar to what was in XP1? The Donations block really is a crucial part of our homepage, for obvious reasons!

I tried I failed. I've never installed anything on a website before, I have a few successful websites, 2m pv a month. All I know is basic Admin skills. Anyone can install for me for $10?

I tried I failed. I've never installed anything on a website before, I have a few successful websites, 2m pv a month. All I know is basic Admin skills. Anyone can install for me for $10?
Follow these steps before teach your self familiar with basic XenForo processes.
1. Install a FPT program on Your Computer likes CuteFTP or Filezilla (Google for source). These programs help you uploading files to the hosting via FTP.
2. Upload addon's folders/files following Install Instructions (you should read carefully Overview Tab of this resource), this:
Installation:
  • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml"
  • set options for the portal in administration control panel
  • set usergroup permissions for administration rights
3. Go to Forum Admin CP > Install Addon > copy this: "library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml" and paste to input field: "install from file on server" and there you go.

Goodluck!

Top Bottom