[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I have noticed that the category chooser (the '+' button) appear only in the Article List Widget. I have created a new widget in which I display categories, I have included the same template as in the Article List Bit template but at the end, everything is working fine except this + button. Do you know why?

Are watermarks something you could consider adding to XP2 in the future?
You need to pass permissions to the widget.

What do you mean by watermarks?

How do I do that??

You know, you upload an image to an article and the logo of your website appear inside the image (as a new image)
You need to pass `$this->getModelFromCache('EWRporta2_Model_Perms')->getPermissions()` somewhere in your code to the template.

As for watermarks, arent there other addons that already do this?

Isn't it already responsive? It works on touch screens too.

The container is responsive but the image in the slider seems to not be responsive. It is only the image that is not being responsive when the screen sizes change.

Edit: The image is responsive to a certain degree actually. But when I test on my Iphone the image stays larger. So its responsive to a point then stops.

You need to pass `$this->getModelFromCache('EWRporta2_Model_Perms')->getPermissions()` somewhere in your code to the template.
Too hard for me I suppose, I'll look into this after some rest.

There is an addon for watermarks but it's no longuer maintained. I thought it could be a nice feature to articles. However, no idea how it could work :p

I'm not getting columned side-by-side featured articles like on your site @Jaxel.

screen.webp screen2.webp

I thought it might be due to the width of UI.X, so I switched to the default template, still no go.

Use Masonry Grid is checked active.

I'm not getting columned side-by-side featured articles like on your site @Jaxel.

View attachment 93457 View attachment 93458

I thought it might be due to the width of UI.X, so I switched to the default template, still no go.

Use Masonry Grid is checked active.
Check the FAQ.

I bought the 1.* version, do I still have to pay for 2.0?
You didn't buy the 1.* version... the 1.* version was free. If you paid for it, someone scammed you.

@Jaxel

I know your usual response would be " CSS is your friend" but i tried.. and am at lost here.. I have been trying to manipulate the style of the article list to achieve a simple design like this..
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 6.51.53 PM.webp

That is from Showcase addon and i am desperately trying to match the design to maintain uniformity.... you said in the other thread that we could use "show full image instead of thumbnail" and change the position of the image.. for us tech-hanidcapped folks.. can you show us how such a thumbnail style can be achieved?

I bet a lot of people would want such a design too and are not technically sound to modify your system... Plzzzzz consider this in your article system

[edit: the tabs are not required of course.. we are only talking about the article]

Okay, don't know if this has been mentioned, but "liking" posts functionality is gone on promoted articles. :(

Is that normal??

1.webp

Thats not normal. You should have liking and multi-quoting.

I'll look into it.
I don't have multi-quoting enabled so that's why you don't see that. I disabled the add-on Post Ratings to see if it was a conflict between the two. It is. :(

Will there be support for this in the future?

Last edited:
I don't have multi-quoting enabled so that's why you don't see that. I disabled the add-on Post Ratings to see if it was a conflict between the two. It is. :(

Will there be support for this in the future?
I can't really comment on other addons. However, XP2 uses the default XenForo functionality; its Post Ratings that changes things... so it will be on that addon to get it working.

Top Bottom