[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I have used the current articles widget and notice it grabs the image anyway if it is in img tags.

I am now trying to adapt this.

cheers

@Jaxel, does there exist a very brief explanation of what each widget does, some of us are super noobs and it would be nice to know without having to try each one etc. Again, this may very well exist and I just missed it.

I have been trying to manipulate the style of the article list to achieve a simple design like this..
View attachment 93487

(What is the font in the block?)

I'm making a widget that has the same design. I'll share it if you want ;)
ahaa... this is what i have been working on.. so far so good.
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 11.17.53 AM.webp

However there are two more things i'd further want:
  • When there is no attached pic.. the default avatar doesn't look great... it breaks the uniform look... not sure how to handle this
  • The text excerpts should be wrapped so that regardless of pagebreak or any unnecessary spaces it should wrap them up... if you know any method please let me know
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 11.25.05 AM.webp

This has been a great experience.... :D

I'm about to be working on something very similar later today, I plan on selecting a random image from a directory if there is no image

I'm about to be working on something very similar later today, I plan on selecting a random image from a directory if there is no image
would love to see it...

and if there's anyone who'd want my customized templates let me know so that i can share.. But please bear in mind that i have no technical skills.. i did what i had to do... it's just a poor man's hack.

@Jaxel

The Articles widget doesn't have the option to set the excerpt trim limit.... We'd like to set the excerpt trim limit in the Article List and the sidebars differently.. example: sidebar widgets like this
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 1.58.38 PM.webp

While the main area article list would have around 500 char limits... Xenporta2 is very close to being the perfect solution to become a WP site... if each widget has its own individual options.. What we are trying to do is to have a list of articles (Recent article, Popular Articles etc) on the sidebar in the article view.. if the excerpt trim is the same as defined in the general option it is too long and not suitable..
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 2.06.34 PM.webp

This option will make the widgets very flexible... The Widget duplication would be much more meaningful if we can do this... or is it already possible?

Thanks for that! We lost the "Online" Widget, even when fresh and new installed in the sidebar in the right.

Greetings

Klaus

ahaa... this is what i have been working on.. so far so good.
View attachment 93688

However there are two more things i'd further want:
  • When there is no attached pic.. the default avatar doesn't look great... it breaks the uniform look... not sure how to handle this
  • The text excerpts should be wrapped so that regardless of pagebreak or any unnecessary spaces it should wrap them up... if you know any method please let me know
View attachment 93689

This has been a great experience.... :D
What do you mean text excerpts should be wrapped?

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6 CHANGELOG

In an upcoming version, I plan on moving a lot of the options from Options properties to Style properties. The difference between Options and Styles are that options are universal to all styles, while style properties must be set for every single skin, but can be different for each skin. I would like to hear which options you guys think should remain options, and which should become style properties.
  • Added an option to disable the feature slider on a different page types. The main...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Remember guys! If you like this addon, dont forget to give a good review!
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-2-portal-pro.3894/reviews

Last edited:
Top Bottom