[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
The only knee jerk solution to this problem is to edit the template and remove unnecessary information, it also removes the clutter... http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/articles/
Easiest solution for me at the moment was to change font of style in question. My primary was: 'PT Sans Caption', sans-serif My secondary was: 'Roboto Slab', serif
My current is: 'Georgia', Georgia-serif That fixes my issue for ellipsis overflow. Thank you for the reply.

How could we add the bread crumb for authors of article list?

Example: Navigating to example.com/articles/authors

Results in: Breadcrumb inheriting articles.

View attachment 128606

You can use the template modification system to change anything you want. However, articles are really nothing more than styled threads, so the breadcrumbs follow the thread format.

correct breadcrumb.webp

Edit: EWRporta2_AuthorList

Found:
Code:
<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb href="{xen:link 'full:articles'}">{xen:phrase porta2_articles}</xen:breadcrumb>
</xen:navigation>

Replace with:
Code:
<xen:navigation>
    <xen:breadcrumb href="{xen:link 'full:articles/authors'}">{xen:phrase porta2_authors}</xen:breadcrumb>
</xen:navigation>

Maybe a mix up EWRporta2_ArticleList has both. ;)

Last edited:
Hi @Jaxel,

Please review back to my post here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...2-portal-pro-paid.89112/page-125#post-1033165

I 'm sure there is something wrong with "Articles (Main)" widget's code because I created a total brand new forum (new database) for testing this problem. Every thing is default, just install only XenPorta 2 v.1.1.8 and you could check it here: http://fifavn.org/test/index.php?articles/

And I realized that empty space spans larger if there're more articles added.

Last edited:
Hi @Jaxel,

Please review back to my post here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...2-portal-pro-paid.89112/page-125#post-1033165

I 'm sure there is something wrong with "Articles (Main)" widget's code because I created a total brand new forum (new database) for testing this problem. Every thing is default, just install only XenPorta 2 v.1.1.8 and you could check it here: http://fifavn.org/test/index.php?articles/

And I realized that empty space spans larger if there're more articles added.
The Articles (Main) widget is not designed to be put in a sidebar area. Its designed to have it's own row. If you want to put it side-by-side, you'll need to edit the CSS on your own to make it work for your skin.

Any thoughts on incorporating Google News Sitemaps? Essentially so articles would appear in the Google News listings for keywords. Definitely great from an SEO perspective, and seems like XenPorta2 has most of the appropriate meta tags/breadcrumbs in place - just need to tell Google:

https://support.google.com/news/publisher/answer/74288?hl=en
Its already in... just go to articles/news

The Articles (Main) widget is not designed to be put in a sidebar area. Its designed to have it's own row. If you want to put it side-by-side, you'll need to edit the CSS on your own to make it work for your skin.

The empty space is not between articles, it's only after exceprt of the first article and only in the right block.

I have not put in in side bar. I put it here (image below). The same widget while the left one is ok but the right one is not. I can use CSS as well but the ugly empty space could not resovle by adding custom CSS.

aaa.webp

As I said, a brand new forum, no custom, no styles, no addon. I just ask you how to made it normal with every-thing-default.

bbb.webp
ccc.webp

Could you check back this link to see what I descripted? http://fifavn.org/test/index.php?articles/

Last edited:
The empty space is not between articles, it's only after exceprt of the first article and only in the right block.

I have not put in in side bar. I put it here (image below). The same widget while the left one is ok but the right one is not. I can use CSS as well but the ugly empty space could not resovle by adding custom CSS.

View attachment 128764

As I said, a brand new forum, no custom, no styles, no addon. I just ask you how to made it normal with every-thing-default.

View attachment 128765
View attachment 128766

Could you check back this link to see what I descripted? http://fifavn.org/test/index.php?articles/

edit: I would suggest maybe the code in the custom widgets, a thought. :confused: Are you saying code of block? Or your widget? The layout of the widgets are different for those blocks. Or even the content layout in post may effect.

Last edited:
The empty space is
not between articles, it's only after exceprt of the first article and only in the right block.

View attachment 128764

View attachment 128765
View attachment 128766

Any split section is a sidebar block and follows the sidebar themes. You CAN use CSS to fix this issue with your skin, just apply a clear: none to the psuedo:after of the articleItem primaryContent.

I can't understand WHY you are making your layout like this in the first place. You are duplicating content that already exists somewhere else on the default articles page.

I can't understand WHY you are making your layout like this in the first place. You are duplicating content that already exists somewhere else on the default articles page.
Yeah, I just use default articles page to be sure "Articles (Main)" widget will work with 1/2 column layout format or not (I mean testing with everything default). If it works as I expected, I will create a new page then new Layout and link to ID's page like this "$params['page']['node_id'] == id_page" in Evaluation so there is no duplicate content.

Anyway, my idea is try to copy some Worpress static page styles with 1 column/block for 1 categories. Could anyone suggess me a way to do this? Simple, not custom anything? If I want to custom, I could try myself before.
What I have done, step by step:
1. Install Articles (Main) widget from server (original file of Jaxel)
2. Create Articles (Main) Option Sets for each categories, example "Articles (Main) - News", "Articles (Main) - Review", bla bla....
3. Go to default Article page (Article List) then "Add Widget Link" to add Option Sets
4. Drag Widget links to Layout blocks.
5. That's it!

Update!
I found that if there is no Widget link added into Left Block, the Right Block is fine. Problem just occurs when the left block and the right block contain Widget Links at the same time.

Last edited:
@Jaxel

We're trying to extend the functionality of XenPorta for a client of ours, but it seems that a lot of your functions are private, when they should probably be protected instead because you cannot call a private function from a class that extends the base class as private functions can only be called by the declaring class, not classes extending that class.

A perfect example is: EWRporta2_ControllerPublic_Articles::_getViewParams($params)

Any chance of getting an update that changes this to a protected function?

Also, you really should use event hints for your event listeners, specifically the loadClass one. There is no reason it should have to run through your loadClass method every time a class loads in XenForo when you only extend like 6 classes

@Jaxel

We're trying to extend the functionality of XenPorta for a client of ours, but it seems that a lot of your functions are private, when they should probably be protected instead because you cannot call a private function from a class that extends the base class as private functions can only be called by the declaring class, not classes extending that class.

A perfect example is: EWRporta2_ControllerPublic_Articles::_getViewParams($params)

Any chance of getting an update that changes this to a protected function?
I usually just make functions public, unless specifically needed otherwise... I dont know why I made this one private. Will change it to protected in the next release.

Also, you really should use event hints for your event listeners, specifically the loadClass one. There is no reason it should have to run through your loadClass method every time a class loads in XenForo when you only extend like 6 classes
Hints with event listeners are a more recent addition to the XenForo framework... and I admit, I haven't really looked into how they work, or exactly what they do.

@Jaxel Possible to get a thread pages counter on the XenPorta page? http://i.imgur.com/0Nnc6GZ.png is how it looks in the forums but on the XenPorta 2 (Portal Page) there is no counter http://i.imgur.com/48QSwRa.png ?
I didnt even realize it didnt do this... Fixed for next version.

Last edited:
Hints with event listeners are a more recent addition to the XenForo framework... and I admin, I haven't really looked into how they work, or exactly what they do.
FYI, event hints are pretty important. Here's when we first discussed them:
Code event speed improvements
This suggestion comes courtesy of digitalpoint. Many code events now offer a "key". When creating a listener, you can optionally specify the key to listen to. If you specify a key, your listener will only be called when the key matches.

For example, when firing load_class_model, the key is the class name to be loaded. If you're only extending one model, you can enter the class name and we will only call your listener code when the model is being loaded.

This can significantly reduce the number of listener calls per page, leading to add-on execution speed improvements.
Short version: Move to one function per class being extended. If you're extending, e.g. XenForo_Model_Thread, the event hint will be XenForo_Model_Thread.

I'm trying to Remove the Avatars off the Article List on my site www.lethalitygaming.com , and Add the Date to the left side like www.8wayrun.com has his set up, could someone give me a pointer on how this is possible? I messed around with it for awhile, and haven't been able to figure it out.
Hi!
1. First you need to check "Enable External Images" in Xen Porta 2 Options then when promote an article, at icon section > choose "image" instead "default" or "avatar".
2. To add Date to the left side: Go to Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties: XenPorta 2 - Articles List > Check "Display Date Block Next to Excerpt"

Hi!
1. First you need to check "Enable External Images" in Xen Porta 2 Options then when promote an article, at icon section > choose "image" instead "default" or "avatar".
2. To add Date to the left side: Go to Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties: XenPorta 2 - Articles List > Check "Display Date Block Next to Excerpt"
You dont need step 1.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.9 CHANGELOG

• Changed event listeners from switch-case statements, to XenForo's event hint system. This should provide a marginal boost to performance with larger forums.
  • Changed a few private functions to protected. This will allow third-party modders an easier time extending XenPorta2.
  • Threads Widgets: now displays participation avatar for the current user, as well as marks for watched threads.
  • Threads Widgets: disabled the inline moderation boxes. They can never really...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Update 1.1.9 caused the following issues which I had to revert back to 1.1.8 because of:

1) It caused an issue between XF and Taigachat that was not there prior, and is not there when reverting to 1.1.8. Stack trace below.
2) My Raw HTML widget for XenPorta 2 would no longer show. I did not look into it as I needed to revert fast so my users did not continue seeing the above error prompt every 5 seconds, so I may have been able to fix it, but I would hope an update wouldn't cause part of that product to not work. All I know on this one is that in 1.1.8 the Raw HTML widget works, in 1.1.9 it did not.

Here is the error from issue 1 above, which happens on 1.1.9 but not on 1.1.8. Must have changed how XF works with other mods too.

upload_2016-2-20_16-16-35.webp

Top Bottom