[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Can you try disabling the addon before you install the update?
  • Disable Addon
  • Upload Files
  • Run upgrade script
Based on the errors you guys gave... it looks like you didn't upload the files before running the uprade script.

Can you try disabling the addon before you install the update?
  • Disable Addon
  • Upload Files
  • Run upgrade script
Based on the errors you guys gave... it looks like you didn't upload the files before running the uprade script.
What upgrade script? The download link I got via email for the update only had the three upload directories, no script.

The root of the zip has:
upload_2016-2-20_18-34-42.webp

And inside there is:
upload_2016-2-20_18-34-57.webp

So I disabled the addon, uploaded the new files, enabled the addon.

To run upgrade script: Go to AdminCP > List Add-ons > [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO > Controls > Upgrade Addon >
  • Upgrade from file on server: "library/EWRporta2/addon-EWRporta2.xml"

That worked, thanks. With every other addon I use (about 20 of them, most paid), I've been conditioned to see an upgrade script in the root of the archive which I use after the file upload. I've never updated from file on server because I always see the upgrade xml in the root and use that. Now I know for the future that EWRP2 doesn't do it that way (and doesn't name the upgrade xml with anything relating to "upgrade" or "update", hah).

I won't make that mistake again, though another could (and maybe has with the post after mine). Might want to put that xml in the root like other addon devs do and name it something like "upgrade-EWRPorta2.xml". Might reduce issues/confusion since most users are just conditioned to look for that.

That worked, thanks. With every other addon I use (about 20 of them, most paid), I've been conditioned to see an upgrade script in the root of the archive which I use after the file upload. I've never updated from file on server because I always see the upgrade xml in the root and use that. Now I know for the future that EWRP2 doesn't do it that way (and doesn't name the upgrade xml with anything relating to "upgrade" or "update", hah).

I won't make that mistake again, though another could (and maybe has with the post after mine). Might want to put that xml in the root like other addon devs do and name it something like "upgrade-EWRPorta2.xml". Might reduce issues/confusion since most users are just conditioned to look for that.
Oh, it is @Jaxel's tyle! :D And he alway notes that at Install Instructions.

That worked, thanks. With every other addon I use (about 20 of them, most paid), I've been conditioned to see an upgrade script in the root of the archive which I use after the file upload.
I have a lot more run in my XenForo installations - and Jaxel is not the only, they did it so. ;) When you know it, its no problem.

The same problem after your explanation. Previous versions install okay.
I had the same error when I uploaded the files, but after upgrading with the xml I haven't had it again. Possible that the error is from the few seconds between the new files being uploaded and the upgrade script being run? Dunno, just sharing my experience.

Update from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 without errors on screen or error log. Xenforo 1.5.5 and many (40 or so) other addons.

I had the same error when I uploaded the files, but after upgrading with the xml I haven't had it again. Possible that the error is from the few seconds between the new files being uploaded and the upgrade script being run? Dunno, just sharing my experience.
Which is generally why you disable the addon, or your forum while you do upgrades.

Love the portal! I am to remove the Avatar and the time the article was posted (posted by ### on # at ##) from the top of the customised article view (this sits blow the title of the article).

@Jaxel

Thank you so much for adding the two columns in the layout grid... However, would love to have 3 or 4 columns or even a custom option to have as many columns as i like to pass the information as i like... and even make multiple columns available almost every where...

jaxel-grid1.webp

jaxel-grid.webp

I am getting errors since the upgrade

Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_EWRporta2_BbCode_Formatter - library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code:1
Generated By: wozza, Sunday at 3:08 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://rimbit.com/taigachat/activity.json"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/account/alerts"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Actually 7 pages of these errors...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_EWRporta2_BbCode_Formatter - library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, Sunday at 3:08 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://rimbit.com/taigachat/activity.json"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(31) "/resources/mac-rimbit-wallet.2/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Quick question - I want to have certain topics/categories hidden except for a certain usergroup. So a premium usergroup gets access to certain articles. Can this be accomplished with XenPorta? How? thank you.

Quick question - I want to have certain topics/categories hidden except for a certain usergroup. So a premium usergroup gets access to certain articles. Can this be accomplished with XenPorta? How? thank you.
You could use Account Upgrades to automatically give a user a new User Group and you can lock down those topics/categories using permissions.

Top Bottom