XF 1.5 YouTube embedding video has stopped working

snowman

YouTube video no longer seems to be working. I tried it on four different clips. All that is displayed now is a black box with a Y in the right corner. When I mouse over it, it says "Watch it on YouTube".

Did YouTube change their policy about this? Did I miss an update that is required? I am running 1.56.

Thanks!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hmmm I see they are working on here. What would cause them to stop working on my forum then?

I mean post the URL of the thread on your forum which contains the videos. If it's broken only on your forum then we might be able to see why if you can post the URL.

OK ... here is a link to a thread.

<Removed - linking to sites of this nature is against the site rules>

(Note - there may be adult ads that display on this thread)

I removed the link from your post as linking to sites of that nature is against the rules.

Having had a quick look, I suspect it's some sort of JavaScript conflict as you are running custom ads, etc.

Reverting to a default style with no custom JS or ads will confirm that.

I have not changed anything on the forum recently. The ads have been running for years with no conflicts with YouTube in the past. They are running via a well known add-on. I don't really mess with the styles much. A couple of days ago it worked fine.

As it works on the other forum on the same server, it's going to be either a style or add-on issue.

The first step with troubleshooting issues of this nature is to rule out third party code by reverting to a default style and disabling add-ons.

I temporarily turned off the banner add-on program as you suggested. Still don't work.

I tried a different browser and determined that the YouTube videos still work on Firefox fine. The problem is only showing up on Chrome, IE and Edge.

Your embeds appear to be using older or non-standard embed code. The default YT embed code is:
Code:
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I suspect that's the problem.

Your embeds appear to be using older or non-standard embed code. The default YT embed code is:
Code:
<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I suspect that's the problem.

That was the problem. Thanks very much Mike! Also thanks Brogan.

I don't know why I had an old or non-standard one. I suspect it from an old support post or add-on that automatically added media BB codes. Perhaps these do not get updated when new upgrades are installed? I might have other old embed codes.

Top Bottom