MG 2.2 Add-on or solution to mirror YouTube Video (URLs) into Media category?

kr.sh.nr

I feel like I'm simply overlooking something simple here...

We record a weekly video podcast, I post the video recording URL from YouTube into a dedicated forum and would like the video to automatically mirror into the designated media category. As seen in the screen shot below, I have "embeds" checked as an allowed media type from a specific forum BUT it only works with images, uploaded video and audio files.

Is there a solution or add-on that will recognize and mirror a YouTube video?

2022-10-06_15-33-40.gif

As mentioned, it works as intended with images and uploaded videos but does NOT recognize video URL embeds. Therefore I'm currently forced to manually use "Add Media" for these videos to show up in the specified media category.

2022-10-18_19-20-17.gif

Side note: I am using the s9e/MediaSites add-on. When I manually add media using the Embedded Media option, it looks like it's using this add-on to assist with the type of embed. Maybe there's a setting in the s9e/MediaSites add-on that needs to be checked for embed mirroring?

2022-10-18_19-19-47.gif

I have searched the forums extensively for an answer, as I can NOT be the only one with this question, but I have not been able to find a solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The feature is specifically named "attachment mirroring", therefore embeds are not mirrored, just as all other non-attached post content is not mirrored.

It would require custom development to change the current functionaity.

Top Bottom