XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
If the username is email, it wont sync in the forum:
1664206874767.png

---

Another thing is that the user's password in the Wordpress, doesnt work when trying to login directly in the forum

HI there @duterte
If the username is email, it wont sync in the forum:
XenForo does not permit emails as usernames, so that is causing the user to not be created. I will look into patching in a more graceful workaround for the next release candidate of the near complete version 1.5.

Until then you can manually sync the affected user(s).

Another thing is that the user's password in the Wordpress, doesnt work when trying to login directly in the forum
You may need to enable the setting in WP Admin > XFtoWP > User syncing > Login with Xenforo passwords.

Hi @duterte, after running some more tests I was able to successfully login using XF user passwords after the import. Question, when you ran the Import XF users to WP, did you also follow the last instruction on the image below?

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 2.39.02 PM.webp

This action will reset XF user passwords unless you disable XFtoWP > User Sync > Sync user registrations. You can re-enable after, or keep enabled to force password reset.
The Sync user registrations setting, which is enabled in your screenshot, must be disabled before running this specific process, otherwise passwords may not match as expected.

@kolakube
I am referring to the WP users imported to the forum.
When trying to login to the forum, their pass dont work

The step above didnt work.

Thank you for your support to this plugin.

I am referring to the WP users imported to the forum.
When trying to login to the forum, their pass dont work
Ah, I see. Unfortunately passwords from WordPress are not transferable from the importer because they are encrypted in the database, so new users created on your XF forum will have a password generated for them. But there are a couple of features in the plugin that can help you here:

1) Enable WP admin > XF > User syncing > Redirect to XF after login

Now that both WP and XF users accounts are synced, simply enabling this option will automatically redirect and login the connected user to XenForo after logging in as normal to WordPress. Note, passwords will still not be the same but the XF account with be automatically logged in if the login from WP is successful. Try logging in from this URL after the setting is enabled:
Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 10.53.34 PM.webp

2) Enable edit email and password syncing

The same as in the screenshot above, enable this setting and if a WordPress user changes their password it will be applied to their XF account. You can use this companion addon to prevent passwords from being changed in XF and redirect to your WP edit account page:

-----

I hope this helps. If you intended your setup to work a little differently, let me know. I am always looking to expand the different scenarios this plugin can cover.

Thank you for the answer! Unfortunately, none of it worked for our setup. We use WP as the main database for users. I hope auto-login to Xenforo without redirecting after login will be implemented soon. Something like how Amember works

Thank you for the answer! Unfortunately, none of it worked for our setup. We use WP as the main database for users. I hope auto-login to Xenforo without redirecting after login will be implemented soon. Something like how Amember works

I had the same issue as you.

We better can consider this plugin as 'Alpha' as a lot of the basic functionalities are not working.

I would recommend people not to buy this plugin as it's simple not doing as what's advertised.

@kolakube - please provide me a full refund for my purchase otherwise I have to file a dispute with my financial institution.

We better can consider this plugin as 'Alpha' as a lot of the basic functionalities are not working.

I would recommend people not to buy this plugin as it's simple not doing as what's advertised.

@kolakube - please provide me a full refund for my purchase otherwise I have to file a dispute with my financial institution.
I have also bought this plug-in and have found it wildly underwhelming and have removed it from WordPress, and also want a refund

I would suggest - having an addon on both WordPress and XP side. Having more options to go from XF to WP as XF is wildly more popular for user registration than WordPress (and not with your free addon but with a feature rich addon that at the very damned least has usergroup syncing)

Not everyone wants use of this plug-in for "blog comments" some people want it for solid user syncing, your documentation is also extremely unfinished.

kolakube updated XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration with a new update entry:

XFtoWP 1.5 RC3 maintenance release

XFtoWP 1.5 Release Candidate 3 is now available to all licensed customers to download and test. It is still not recommended to run this release on production site, though version 1.5 is exceedingly close to being marked stable and available through the plugin updater.

Changes in 1.5 RC3:
  1. Adds a more thorough cleanup of user data on disconnection
  2. Sync process gets better at halting any user updates if the API requests return errors
  3. Visually show previously unseen...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I will give you till Monday the 3rd of October to fully refund my payment.

Otherwise, I will arrange a chargeback for your non-working software.

I think your software should be removed from the official XenForo repository, as it does not work as advertised.

You're ignoring your clients as well.

Again, I will give you till Monday the 3rd of October to fully refund my payment.

The plugin does in fact work, and many of the new features you've tried in 1.5 (which is clearly labeled as not production ready) are still being fine-tuned for the full release. You were supported for every post you wrote before you started your tirade, and are no longer obligated to support or access to the software due to actions away from this website.

I would suggest - having an addon on both WordPress and XP side. Having more options to go from XF to WP as XF is wildly more popular for user registration than WordPress (and not with your free addon but with a feature rich addon that at the very damned least has usergroup syncing)
An addon on the XF side is something I'd like to see too, but is not cheap to develop and has proven to be not as robust as developing from the WP side. Part of the sales of this plugin have gone to hiring XF developers to create companion addons like the Register WP addon, which combined with XFtoWP's custom user fields syncing, will allow you to register users with the exact data you need from the start—including usergroups.

Not everyone wants use of this plug-in for "blog comments" some people want it for solid user syncing, your documentation is also extremely unfinished.
XFtoWP has been growing its user syncing capabilities since version 1.2 and the new tools in the pending new version bring those to a larger scale with bulk syncing and user imports. It sounds like you may have only tried the current stable release of XFtoWP 1.4?

I agree the documentation needs to be more complete as this is a powerful plugin, and I will especially consider it a priority when the new XFtoWP 1.5 is released. In the meantime, I am an open book when responding to help which I don't believe you posted for prior to your first post here. It may be a little scattered but there are many helpful replies in this resource thread and at the XFtoWP forums too.

In both cases @Festinger and @themago, refunds are only provided if the features of the plugin are broken and cannot be fixed in a timely manner. Failure to integrate the plugin into your website(s) or dissatisfaction with the plugin's as-advertised feature set are not valid reasons for a refund.

XFtoWP is a powerful plugin that performs a rather difficult job so there is more of a learning curve as you understand its capabilities. But it is used and tested on enough sites to reliably continue its development and claim that its features work, so it may take a few tries to find the right way to plug it into your new and existing systems.

I think your software should be removed from the official XenForo repository, as it does not work as advertised.
You can start by ending its distribution on your own site. :rolleyes:

I've been using this add-on since the XF companion addon was released and have not had issues with syncing to WP (using XenForo as the primary source of registration). Considering the only issue, I have is with Google/Discord registrations through the companion mod and that has an incoming fix, I'd say that support and quality has been better than could be expected for something that externally integrates into XF.

In both cases @Festinger and @themago, refunds are only provided if the features of the plugin are broken and cannot be fixed in a timely manner. Failure to integrate the plugin into your website(s) or dissatisfaction with the plugin's as-advertised feature set are not valid reasons for a refund.

Don't worry, we will fill in a dispute by tomorrow and we will get our money back from your fraudulent advertising ****ty plugin. I have been into the IM for quite a long time and you made a very wrong decision here.

Don't worry, we will fill in a dispute by tomorrow and we will get our money back from your fraudulent advertising ****ty plugin. I have been into the IM for quite a long time and you made a very wrong decision here.
Your behavior here is completely unfounded and you need to stop what you are doing. You can go on a 1 star review tirade of my resources all you want but each post you make here continues to ruin your credibility.

If the plugin is so bad and you are such a person of integrity, start by doing your customers a service and remove XFtoWP from your website. But you won't? It's because the plugin is excellent, which you know, and you are just an attention troll for your phony service.

Please stay out of my threads.

Top Bottom