XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
@kolakube Hi,

I plan to move from a self hosted XF 2.2 to the XF cloud solution.

I would like to know if your add-on is still 100% compatible with the brand new cloud version because in this case I will have my XF on the cloud and my WP on another server.

Do you think everything will run normally with this kind of setup ?

Thanks,

Last edited:
@kolakube Hi,

I plan to move from a self hosted XF 2.2 to the XF cloud solution.

I would like to know if your add-on is still 100% compatible with the brand new cloud version because in this case I will have my XF on the cloud and my WP on another server.

Do you think everything will run normally with this kind of setup ?

Thanks,
Hi Djey, I've been looking forward to the first XFC sites. :)

All that's needed is a working XF REST API (which I confirmed here) and active SSL certificates on both sites to use the plugin.

Last edited:
Hi Alex,

I think I was able to narrow down the problem further. When I create a new post, "auto-create thread" is preselected. However, not for the posts that my collaborators submit for review. Instead, "select a thread action" is selected there. And I can't even switch to "auto-create thread".

View attachment 265313
editors contribution

View attachment 265314
when I create a new post
Now that is helpful. (y) Without investigation, it seems the Auto-create thread selection may not be honoring the granted Editor access (XFtoWP > Thread comments > Permissions). I'll test this myself and see where a change may need to be made.

Well I don't have "Auto-create thread" either, but I also never seen "Do nothing" if I recall well.
These options only show if you enable WP admin > XFtoWP > Thread comments > Create thread > Enable auto publish. The "create thread" option only shows if your API user has thread:write permissions. Are you sure that is still enabled for the API key on your test site?

Now that is helpful. (y) Without investigation, it seems the Auto-create thread selection may not be honoring the granted Editor access (XFtoWP > Thread comments > Permissions). I'll test this myself and see where a change may need to be made.

I have not given the authors and editors any rights to do this, since the posts will be published by me anyway and it therefore makes no sense to create threads beforehand.

The "create thread" option only shows if your API user has thread:write permissions. Are you sure that is still enabled for the API key on your test site?

Yep! All API permissions in settings are green, I did already create a thread to test how to manage the sync before doing it on the live site (few weeks ago).

IMG_20220226_110950.jpg

But anyway, for some reason the "Auto-create" option wasn't visible last night. I probably forgot to refresh data after uploading the last XFtoWP version!

So everything is fine on my side, I only have a small issue that I probably worked around, but I'll post this on your board after some more testing on the test site ;)

Thank you, Alex (y)

Hi everybody, I will be opening the long-awaited XFtoWP 1.5 beta tomorrow to all licensed customers. This is a pretty massive release that focuses on bulk user syncing and other bulk actions across sites. We've had a lot of successes in private beta testing (think: importing 10,000+ XF users to WP no-code), and I am excited to see the results from your sites too. :)

If you are interesting in helping me test these capabilities (there will be rewards) I recommend you get a WP and XF staging site setup. Part of the 1.5 update involves migrating existing sync data (pre-1.5) to a much better format, so I recommend you have at least 10-20 synced users and connected threads on these sites.

It will be more helpful to create a staging site of your existing production site than starting from scratch but either way is perfectly acceptable for this testing period. You can use a WP plugin like FakerPress and @Ozzy47's Bulk User Create addon on XF to create test users.

More details will be posted tomorrow. For now, I leave you with a screenshot of what the new Bulk actions interface looks like from the XFtoWP plugin settings panel:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.07.13 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.07.13 PM.webp
    31 KB · Views: 21
Hi everybody, I will be opening the long-awaited XFtoWP 1.5 beta tomorrow to all licensed customers. This is a pretty massive release that focuses on bulk user syncing and other bulk actions across sites. We've had a lot of successes in private beta testing (think: importing 10,000+ XF users to WP no-code), and I am excited to see the results from your sites too. :)

If you are interesting in helping me test these capabilities (there will be rewards) I recommend you get a WP and XF staging site setup. Part of the 1.5 update involves migrating existing sync data (pre-1.5) to a much better format, so I recommend you have at least 10-20 synced users and connected threads on these sites.

It will be more helpful to create a staging site of your existing production site than starting from scratch but either way is perfectly acceptable for this testing period. You can use a WP plugin like FakerPress and @Ozzy47's Bulk User Create addon on XF to create test users.

More details will be posted tomorrow. For now, I leave you with a screenshot of what the new Bulk actions interface looks like from the XFtoWP plugin settings panel:
This is great! Exactly what I'm looking for. I will purchase once these capabilities are out of beta :) (or sooner if I'm impatient)

kolakube updated XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress Integration with a new update entry:

XFtoWP 1.5 - Bulk actions, new user syncing tools, major plugin improvements

Read the full blog post here. See changelog:
  • New: Use the new WP admin > XF > Bulk Actionsmenu to perform mass-syncing actions across your sites. XFtoWP 1.5 now supports:
    • Import WP users to XF: Import WP users into XF with same username and email address. Syncs any existing users together.
    • Import XF users to WP: Imports your XenForo users into WP with the same username and email address...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @kolakube,
Just some more feedback about the auto-create feature:
Before you introduced it, we could shedule posts manually, but not only to the default forum, but also to others. I'm missing this feature.

Hi @kolakube,
Just some more feedback about the auto-create feature:
Before you introduced it, we could shedule posts manually, but not only to the default forum, but also to others. I'm missing this feature.
You can still do this, there's just no need for a schedule button anymore.

1) from the post, select "create a thread" and fill out the thread details. You can also choose the forum from here too.

2) one configured, schedule the post and your settings will be honored when the post later publishes

Hi! I just purchased, and, I will be starting with the 1.5b1 beta. But, here's my question (related to the plugin - not the beta). How well does it work across sub-domains?

My WP site is "domain (dot) com" and my Xenforo install is at "forums (dot) domain (dot) com"

I have this exact setup, and it works as expected ;)

What he said! 👆

A sub domain setup is the most commonly used with the plugin, and cross domains also work.

Thanks both! And kolakube, thanks for a nice product, and the tip about cross domain! That works out really well for a related site where most of my blog content will originate. My order is in, and it's installed. Can't wait to try it!

Top Bottom