XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
@Mangini A few more quick questions before I buy:
Is it compatible with XF 2.1 (haven't updated yet) and WP 5.7.2 (latest)? And any potential issues that I may need to pay attention to when I upgrade from XF 2.1 to 2.2 while using your addon?
Lastly, does the forum widget show user avatars?
There were some important changes made to the XenForo API in version 2.2 so for full functionality we do recommend the latest version.

This is a WordPress plug-in so it will not affect your update on XF.

Yes, the widget shows avatars.

Regarding the important changes made to the Xenforo API with version 2.2: can you point to some docs that I can look at where issues that I may be facing while using your plugin would be described?

Regarding the important changes made to the Xenforo API with version 2.2: can you point to some docs that I can look at where issues that I may be facing while using your plugin would be described?
There is no such doc. I can only say for certainty the Thread comments feature is not possible without XF2.2.

I ran out and bought this a little too fast I suppose. With Xenforo 2.2 wouldn't it be pretty easy for you to Auth existing xenforo users, create a passwordless WP account the first time they do and then login them in using that same auth api every time? We want to add a store for our Xenforo users and otherwise have no interest in doing anything WP side. So many forums out there need the ability for their Xenforo users to be able to just login to whatever WP site they have tacked on like we will. Its the same concept as how a lot of other auth's work but the ability seems rather new to xenforo so I understand it had not gone that way yet.

Last edited:
I ran out and bought this a little too fast I suppose. With Xenforo 2.2 wouldn't it be pretty easy for you to Auth existing xenforo users, create a passwordless WP account the first time they do and then login them in using that same auth api every time? We want to add a store for our Xenforo users and otherwise have no interest in doing anything WP side. So many forums out there need the ability for their Xenforo users to be able to just login to whatever WP site they have tacked on like we will. Its the same concept as how a lot of other auth's work but the ability seems rather new to xenforo so I understand it had not gone that way yet.
With the strong foundation recently implemented in XFtoWP 1.2 a "bulk processor" tool is our current focus for the next major release. It is already possible to login to XenForo from WP once you enable the setting in WP admin > XF > User sync > Settings, but that is only helpful for new registrations.

I'd love to learn more about the specifics of your setup and what plugins you're using for the store. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather keep it private.

With the strong foundation recently implemented in XFtoWP 1.2 a "bulk processor" tool is our current focus for the next major release. It is already possible to login to XenForo from WP once you enable the setting in WP admin > XF > User sync > Settings, but that is only helpful for new registrations.

I'd love to learn more about the specifics of your setup and what plugins you're using for the store. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather keep it private.

It's WP with WooCommerce and at the moment Printful although that part should hopefully not matter too much. Ideally worst case scenario I only want to allow people registered on our site to be able to create accounts on the WP site. At the moment it's undecided if we want to sell to the public or just our members so usergroup control is an additional variable there. Best case scenario I want our existing users to just be able to login to the WP site without really having to register. Potentially one of the reasons for using WP+WC over say Shopify. The WP bridges for XF never did last when they were common and I guess that market has sort of died now except for you and maybe 1 other thing.

Technically I am guessing even if this worked the way I wish it did there are probably problems, like Xenforo accounts that use an external auth. Kind of hard to validate a username and password against a forum account that technically doesn't have a password lol.

Do you have an ETA for your next major release by any chance?

It's WP with WooCommerce and at the moment Printful although that part should hopefully not matter too much. Ideally worst case scenario I only want to allow people registered on our site to be able to create accounts on the WP site. At the moment it's undecided if we want to sell to the public or just our members so usergroup control is an additional variable there.
If you end up selling to the public their forum accounts will also be created after they purchase a product. With the User actions setting you can promote/demote those users based on the product they purchase or has expired. Any existing forum users who makes a purchase can manually sync their forum username to their new WP account, but hearing your use case here has given me an idea for how to automate that process too.

Technically I am guessing even if this worked the way I wish it did there are probably problems, like Xenforo accounts that use an external auth. Kind of hard to validate a username and password against a forum account that technically doesn't have a password lol.
I haven't tested that but I can confirm the existing user syncing processes rely on password. Something else for me to look at for a future improvement to the plugin.

The WP bridges for XF never did last when they were common and I guess that market has sort of died now except for you and maybe 1 other thing.
Yeah, user syncing is not an easy problem to solve but I want XFtoWP to do it. Thank for your feedback so far, I really hope it can fit into your workflow sooner than later!

Do you have an ETA for your next major release by any chance?
Thanks to the recent popularity of the plugin we have enough interest and funding to have already started work on bulk processing capabilities. :) I can't give a release date but I will keep this thread and the official XFtoWP forums up to date with all progress.

Pre-sale question.
Is there any way to integrate the user menu from XF (notifications/messages) so this is showing on all WP pages?
And if not, how big of a task would it be to develop this? Maybe it could be a top menu over the main menu, which is only visible when a user is logged in.
Non-dev here so not sure how this would work

Is there any way to integrate the user menu from XF (notifications/messages) so this is showing on all WP pages?
Yes, it's possible with custom development. Right now this isn't currently a priority on our road map.

And if not, how big of a task would it be to develop this?
It would definitely take some work but it is possible with what the XenForo API offers and the framework in XFtoWP.

Hi, I am looking for an Add-on that helps me create a page like this:

If I choose a topic on that page (Example „Abenteuer“) I land on a page like this:

On this page the user can see who posted anything for the topic „Abenteuer“

Can this be done with the plugin?

Thanks in advance
Mario

Yes, it's possible with custom development. Right now this isn't currently a priority on our road map.

It would definitely take some work but it is possible with what the XenForo API offers and the framework in XFtoWP.
Ok thanks, this is unfortunately something i would need to use this plg.
As I understood, then you do custom work outside this plugin? if so, could you send me (pm?) price idea for custom development of this specific function and also a full site setup (WP, XF, XFtoWP, user permissions). I know you can't give a quote on this information, but just a price guide ish

Thanks for your patience with my replies!

Hi, I am looking for an Add-on that helps me create a page like this:

If I choose a topic on that page (Example „Abenteuer“) I land on a page like this:

On this page the user can see who posted anything for the topic „Abenteuer“

Can this be done with the plugin?

Thanks in advance
Mario
Hi, this is certainly possible with custom development. XFtoWP offers specific features out of the box and most importantly, the entire XF API easily usable within the WordPress environment.

Ok thanks, this is unfortunately something i would need to use this plg.
As I understood, then you do custom work outside this plugin? if so, could you send me (pm?) price idea for custom development of this specific function and also a full site setup (WP, XF, XFtoWP, user permissions). I know you can't give a quote on this information, but just a price guide ish
Yes, myself and my small team are available for custom work on the right projects. If you can message me with links to your sites, or any information about the WP theme and setup you use I can get a better idea of what the next steps would be.

Hi,

I've done my first install and I am trying to publish the widget to some pages, but it comes out blank: https://ibb.co/GT3NtN6
I am probably missing something, but if anything obvious please let me know.
Also, if here is not the place for such question, happy to open a support ticket.

Thanks

Hi,

I've done my first install and I am trying to publish the widget to some pages, but it comes out blank: https://ibb.co/GT3NtN6
I am probably missing something, but if anything obvious please let me know.
Also, if here is not the place for such question, happy to open a support ticket.

Thanks
Hi @clubpromos, this thread is fine for support.

Did you configure any of the widget settings? There are upto 3 kinds of content that can be shown and each require a widget checkbox to be enabled.

Hi, as far as I can tell the API setup permissions match (see screenshot) but the data doesn't pipe in.

Attachments

• screencapture-2021-09-07-06_42_06.webp
    screencapture-2021-09-07-06_42_06.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom