XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
@Mangini I just want to get this straight before purchase. I am looking to put a front end on my site that would have blog posts that we would like forum comments on... but also aggregate content that we most likely do not want comments on. I would not want tons of threads auto created for the aggregate content... but only a thread here and there for the actual blog posts from my site. Is this possible?
Thanks for the question, it sounds like you have it correct. The plugin functions on an as-needed basis and threads will only be created when you manually connect them or create a thread from the post meta controls:

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 2.45.37 PM.webp

If no thread ID is attached to any given post or page, XFtoWP's features will not be activated and the default comments functionality according to your WP theme will work as normal.

Reactions: JBS
Since the first post in the created xenforo thread is typically a synopsis of the content of the wordpress post, is it possible to ignore the first post in the created thread and start the wordpress comments from post #2?

edit: basically to avoid this happening

Since the first post in the created xenforo thread is typically a synopsis of the content of the wordpress post, is it possible to ignore the first post in the created thread and start the wordpress comments from post #2?

edit: basically to avoid this happening

Yes, you can enable the following setting to remove the pinned post after the thread gets its first reply:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 5.03.09 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 5.03.09 PM.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 13
ANNOUNCEMENT:

The beta version of XFtoWP 1.2 is set for release later today and will demonstrate the first stages of the new user syncing functionality coming to the plugin. While mostly stable and quite feature rich, it is not advised to test this plugin on an existing site due to the possibility of broken functionality and incomplete features.

To get a sneak peak of XFtoWP 1.2 check out this teaser post, otherwise stay tuned for a full beta demonstration posted later today.

Mangini updated XFtoWP - WordPress Integration with a new update entry:

XFtoWP 1.2 BETA

XFtoWP 1.2 introduces new user syncing features and many more improvements. For a full features tour and beta testing steps please read the announcement post:

If you are an existing customer, you have full access to all current and future beta releases from your XFtoWP account area.

Please follow the official XFtoWP 1.2 beta testing thread to best track feedback, questions, and bug reports.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 11.00.22 PM.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

When a user makes a purchase you will be able to use the "User actions" feature in XFtoWP to make group promotions and send a conversation or alert in XenForo.
So is still possible to built a ecommerce page using woocommeerce through this addon?

So is still possible to built a ecommerce page using woocommeerce through this addon?
Sure, nothing changes on the front facing side of your store. XFtoWP works to register and sync users in the background once an order has been complete.

thanks. Do you have any demo ?
Not at the moment, the best previews you can see now are in the Beta testing guide as well as early beta tester's feedback in the attached discussion thread:

Not at the moment, the best previews you can see now are in the Beta testing guide as well as early beta tester's feedback in the attached discussion thread:

Thanks, so it’s still on beta ?

Thanks, so it’s still on beta ?
Yes, I am working with beta testers and looking for recommendations on which eComm/member plugins to support for the stable release. Other's have noted WooCommerce just as you have, so that is something that will definitely be covered in the stable release.

When that version is ready it will be announced, there will probably be a few more beta releases before we are in full launch mode.

Yes, I am working with beta testers and looking for recommendations on which eComm/member plugins to support for the stable release. Other's have noted WooCommerce just as you have, so that is something that will definitely be covered in the stable release.

When that version is ready it will be announced, there will probably be a few more beta releases before we are in full launch mode.

Cheers, looking forward to see the new version of it.

Great looking add-on, definitely curious as we have XF/WP bridged today but its not great on the performance side.

In terms of the user synching is there anyway on the WP side to know what usergroups the XF user visiting sits in?

The use case is around premium usergroups who don't see ads. On the WP side would need a way to know not to serve those XF users ads.

Great looking add-on, definitely curious as we have XF/WP bridged today but its not great on the performance side.
Thank you very much, performance is the #1 feature of XFtoWP. :)

In terms of the user synching is there anyway on the WP side to know what usergroups the XF user visiting sits in?
Yes, the using syncing feature will let you see the user's current groups and also change them from auto actions or admin actions.

Here's (more or less) what the admin user settings look like on any Edit User screen:

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 2.25.57 PM.png

...and from automatic user actions:

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 2.27.35 PM.png

These functions work well in the current beta with a few inconsistencies still being ironed out as noted in the Beta guide.

The use case is around premium usergroups who don't see ads. On the WP side would need a way to know not to serve those XF users ads.
My question for you is how are you selling memberships on WP? In stage two of our beta we are testing various actions with the following plugins:
  1. WooCommerce
  2. MemberPress
  3. LearnDash
Some actions involve "when user purchases any product", "when user purchases product X', "when product X subscription expires", etc. It sounds like your use case fits in perfectly with what we are working to achieve with XFtoWP.

Top Bottom