XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
Hi,
I'm using Polylang Pro for a different languages. The second language is also on a different tld. The icons are not visible because of:
No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
Of course I can fix this via htaccess, but it would be great if the files are loaded from the correct domain.

Thanks for your interest in XFtoWP!

Correct, the plugin uses the WP users database primarily but once a user is connected there are many actions that can be done to modify the user in XenForo. You can use this plugin on an existing WP installation and begin manually verifying users and also setting up limited user actions. In the current beta you can sync users upon registration, so it will help get new users who are signed up synced together.

We are experimenting with bulk actions in the third beta of the plugin and it may be possible to initiate bulk sync actions from both sides, meaning we can verify XF users in WP and also vice-versa. I won't reveal too much there yet but it is looking promising, and the current progress on plugin integrations in beta 2 is currently coming along nicely. :)

Thanks for this and the screenshots a few posts later, that sounds and looks great. I'll keep watching this and as soon as it's out of beta stage, start implementing this on our websites. Let me know if you need any specific input / info about the platforms where it will be used (saw you asking for this a few times I think), happy to help out.

Just wait 'til you see the full version of user syncing, if you can also make use of that. :)

To my memory without any images the full post content works and I may just have to make a disclaimer not to have any images in the post for it to work. Kind of lame, and maybe something I need to make a suggestion for here, but I will report back with something for you. :)

Hey if it works it works haha :) Thanks a lot for trying!

Of course I can fix this via htaccess, but it would be great if the files are loaded from the correct domain.
Not sure I follow. The icons should load to the site the plug-in is installed to.
Let me know if you need any specific input / info about the platforms where it will be used (saw you asking for this a few times I think), happy to help out.
sure, do you use anything other than the standard WP registration features? The first integration rolling out with beta 2 is MemberPress, for example.
Mangini, is it possible to connect more than one WP with XenForo?
theoretically yes but I haven’t tested any utility. What are you trying to do?

It would be cool if the comments of newly published posts are synced earlier or more often, since new comments often come especially directly after publication. For older posts it makes sense if they are not synced as often.

It would be cool if the comments of newly published posts are synced earlier or more often, since new comments often come especially directly after publication. For older posts it makes sense if they are not synced as often.
I've had a similar thought too and to help with that I'd like to add a frontend button for admins to be able to refresh the thread on demand. Between that and a shorter sync time, I think this will help you out.

How long do you set your sync time to? The thing about thread syncing is that any thread—even old threads—will only refresh when somebody visits the page despite X minutes passing. This is beneficial as no mass sync processes ever need to be run in the background, and ensures a low sync time of even 5 minutes is not going to harm performance.

Reactions: def
How long do you set your sync time to? The thing about thread syncing is that any thread—even old threads—will only refresh when somebody visits the page despite X minutes passing. This is beneficial as no mass sync processes ever need to be run in the background, and ensures a low sync time of even 5 minutes is not going to harm performance.
Good to know. I have set it to 3600 minutes. But with that information I will probably lower it.

Good to know. I have set it to 3600 minutes. But with that information I will probably lower it.
Oh wow, yes, you'll definitely want to lower that value! I tend to keep mine at about 30 minutes, though even that is probably too high for popular sites.

A core focus of XFtoWP 1.2 Beta 2 has been to move forward on integrating different plugins, and a big part of that effort went into creating an integrations API anybody can use to greatly speed up the development process.

That means you can reuse the same tools as XFtoWP to run user actions in XenForo based on product purchases, user registrations, and any other actions you wish.

The tools built into XFtoWP's development environment have been crafted for convenience and if you can't wait for your plugin to make it in as an official integration, why not see how easy it is to do yourself?

Here is Part 1 of how to develop your own plugin integrations with XFtoWP's developer tools:

I have a simple question. Is it possible to automatically create a forum thread when a blog post is posted? And of course, is there a comment & post integration between Wordpress and XenForo?

Thank you very much.

I have a simple question. Is it possible to automatically create a forum thread when a blog post is posted? And of course, is there a comment & post integration between Wordpress and XenForo?

Thank you very much.
Currently there is a button you press in the post editor called “schedule” that will create the thread on publish, and I am working on an option that always creates threads on publish.

yes, when a comment is made in xenforo it’s will appear in the connected thread on the WordPress post.

Reactions: Gri
Currently there is a button you press in the post editor called “schedule” that will create the thread on publish, and I am working on an option that always creates threads on publish.

yes, when a comment is made in xenforo it’s will appear in the connected thread on the WordPress post.
Won-der-ful. :)

One more question. Is there a drawback in SEO and SERP because of thread creation (same thread name actually)?

Won-der-ful. :)

One more question. Is there a drawback in SEO and SERP because of thread creation (same thread name actually)?
To be safe I added an option to change the canonical URL on the XF site to the newly created or linked WordPress article. That should help with any duplicate content worries. I wrote a documentation article on the XFtoWP site about how to implement this.

Reactions: Gri
To be safe I added an option to change the canonical URL on the XF site to the newly created or linked WordPress article. That should help with any duplicate content worries. I wrote a documentation article on the XFtoWP site about how to implement this.
Thank you very much. Now, shut up and take my money. :)

Happily, please keep us updated on how you use the plugin on your website(s)! 😍
I just bought XFtoWP. :) First, I created a full backup of our site and next, I'll install the bridge. Thank you for your quick and adequate answers.

Hi again

I thought i will give you some feedback after using the bridge more now. Maybe this is something that could be considered for next release:

1. On WordPress, bridge displays at maximum only first page of XF comments (regardless of the number set in the options: "Replies per page"). This maximum number depends on the XF setting. There is no possibility to load more (the button is not displayed). In my case we have a lot of comments in XF but right now only first 30 are loaded from XF to WP.

2. From WordPress the only reaction possible is "like", all type of reactions are displayed and counted as "like".
3. <b></b> and <br/> tags from "forum-comment-user-title" section are displayed as text.
4. No possibility to translate singular "like" ("1 like")
5. Custom smiley's are not embedded as images but as text
6. Number of comments from XF are not reflected on the WP's home page

Can i use new beta version on production setup? What do you recommend?

Many thanks for all your work.

Cheers!

Top Bottom