[XFA] RM Marketplace

[XFA] RM Marketplace [Paid] 3.9.6

No permission to buy (€8.00)
@MtoR , I´m a bit confused. I´ve installed this today, have setup the usergroups, categories, paypal-credentials, set percentage and paypal-account, created the first ressource and was looking for the field, where I can put in my (seller) paypal-account. Until now I can find the field, where to put that in. In the end I´ve created the ressource and bought it through a testaccount with a different paypal-adress than the forums one.

In the end the money flow from my personal account to the forums-account - with the full amount of 9.90, not with the set percentage of 10%.00 . But that way the buyer receives nothing at all and the payed amount goes to 100% to the forums account.

Went now a dozen times through the settings and cant find the setting, where a seller can input his paypal-adress. Have I missed something while installation? Is this a known bug? Am i just blind? I would love to sarch the FAQs and manuals on XFAs site, but they are all down - or better: they contain no content like this one: http://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?documents/rm-marketplace-readme.19/

To be more specific, @MtoR , this is how it is now:

RM global settings:
2ymx1ya.png

RM category settings:
1iykn6.png

and this is the add ressource page:
2ykfbkn.png

There is also no option to setup license durations and renewals. Or license terms, nor is there a prompt for the buyer, where he has to accept the terms. No radio button to click, wether I want to sell a digital product or not etc.pp. No emails on purchase, wether for the buyer nor seller. Seems a lot is missing here and your assistance would be appreciated.

XF 1.5.2, RM 1.2.3 with UI.X

Last edited:
Seems that you have activated the bd paygate for resource manager am I wrong ?

You should be having a checkbox for stating that the resource is for sale (not the one you currently have below the upload resource button).
In this resource, you would have the stuff for setting the licence duratino and so and so on.

FYI, About the email on purchase, currently the purchaser doesn't receive one but the buyer does.

But anyways, the payment you tested today were not done through the marketplace as I can infer from your message, but from the bd paygate thing I think.

Regarding the FAQ, there indeed has been an issue with them, I'll fix that tonight and get them back online.

Seems that you have activated the bd paygate for resource manager am I wrong ?
I have bd paygates active for premium memberships, yes. Does that affect the RM and how? I have found no special settings in the RM for bd paygates. Anyway, even with bd paygates deactivated it doesn´t change a thing for me.
You should be having a checkbox for stating that the resource is for sale (not the one you currently have below the upload resource button).
In this resource, you would have the stuff for setting the licence duratino and so and so on.
I know, that´s my problem. Is this related to bd paygates? How can I solve this?

FYI, About the email on purchase, currently the purchaser doesn't receive one but the buyer does.
Not in my case. Wether buyer nor seller received an email.

But anyways, the payment you tested today were not done through the marketplace as I can infer from your message, but from the bd paygate thing I think.

That may be - but even with deactivated paygate I can´t put my seller paypal-adress somewhere in the add ressource page.

Last edited:
Are all the template modifications related to RM Marketplace working ?
I mean not shown as 1 on the left an red if you see what I mean.

Are all the template modifications related to RM Marketplace working ?
I mean not shown as 1 on the left an red if you see what I mean.
I can´t answer that, as I don´t know which templates should have been created. It seems obvious that some parts don´t, otherwise we wouldn´t have the problem I guess ;) Would you mind to have a look into it in our installation? I assume this way you could easily sort out what´s going on.

No no I meant the template modifications.

If you go in admincp appearance.

Sure send me the info by pm will look tomorrow evening, now it's time to go to bed.

@MtoR ,

referring to the "We couldn't initialize the communication with Paypal, please contact our staff." problem:
  1. As announced via PN I´ve worked my way to the FAQ that was broken and incomplete. I´ve created a new APP and applied all changes that are described on the FAQ page 1 (http://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?documents/rm-marketplace-faq.20/) not only by the book; literally word by word.
  2. The problem remains even with the APP-ID in library/XFA/ThirdParty/Paypal/PPConfiguration.php and this function of the RM Marketplace is not working.
  3. There is no file "marketplace_paypal.log" in the forums root directory, nor on the whole server. Manual creation of that file didn´t changed a thing and there were no log entries in that file after triggering the "Buy" button again a couple times. (With $config['log.LogLevel'] set to "ERROR" and "FINE").
  4. [bd] paygates is still deactivated, as it seems to produce incompatabilities as you´ve found out now.
  5. The admin credentials are still valid, so you can check it out by yourself until further notice.
What now, MtoR? About the problems regarding missing templates etc I´ll focus in seperate post as you´ve wished.

--

While talking that problem up and down with MtoR I had a call with PayPal yesterday regarding the use of API and certificate or the signature-version. In the RM Marketplace description they are both listed for a use with the addon. We´ve tried to download the certificate for a Paypal-App we had created some time ago, but weren´t able to find that in the PayPal-Menues. After 2 days of PNs with MtoR I´ve called PayPal and they told me - to my surprise - that the use of both (certificate AND signature-version) isn´t supported by PayPal. That means, if you are already using the signature-version you have to choose between both. If you want to use the certificate-version, you have to revoke the signature-version. As we are already using the signature-version for another addon that can´t make use of the certificate-version, we have to stick with the signature-version. May be this is somehow helpful for others.

@MtoR ,

referring to the "We couldn't initialize the communication with Paypal, please contact our staff." problem:
  1. As announced via PN I´ve worked my way to the FAQ that was broken and incomplete. I´ve created a new APP and applied all changes that are described on the FAQ page 1 (http://www.xen-factory.com/index.php?documents/rm-marketplace-faq.20/) not only by the book; literally word by word.
  2. The problem remains even with the APP-ID in library/XFA/ThirdParty/Paypal/PPConfiguration.php and this function of the RM Marketplace is not working.
  3. There is no file "marketplace_paypal.log" in the forums root directory, nor on the whole server. Manual creation of that file didn´t changed a thing and there were no log entries in that file after triggering the "Buy" button again a couple times. (With $config['log.LogLevel'] set to "ERROR" and "FINE").
  4. [bd] paygates is still deactivated, as it seems to produce incompatabilities as you´ve found out now.
  5. The admin credentials are still valid, so you can check it out by yourself until further notice.
What now, MtoR? About the problems regarding missing templates etc I´ll focus in seperate post as you´ve wished.

Ok then we narrowed down that the APP ID is not the issue.
Do you have a file called newfile.txt in your forum root ?

If so, please send the content to me. A least the first bit that should point out the error.

While talking that problem up and down with MtoR I had a call with PayPal yesterday regarding the use of API and certificate or the signature-version. In the RM Marketplace description they are both listed for a use with the addon. We´ve tried to download the certificate for a Paypal-App we had created some time ago, but weren´t able to find that in the PayPal-Menues. After 2 days of PNs with MtoR I´ve called PayPal and they told me - to my surprise - that the use of both (certificate AND signature-version) isn´t supported by PayPal. That means, if you are already using the signature-version you have to choose between both. If you want to use the certificate-version, you have to revoke the signature-version. As we are already using the signature-version for another addon that can´t make use of the certificate-version, we have to stick with the signature-version. May be this is somehow helpful for others.

There is no problem in using the signature authentication, it's just a choice, if the other add-on you only support signature, just stick with it.

Do you have a file called newfile.txt in your forum root ?
No, there is no so called file on the whole server.

There is no problem in using the signature authentication, it's just a choice, if the other add-on you only support signature, just stick with it.
Of course. And it wasn´t meant as an offense or critisicm - just as additional info for other users with already created PayPal-signature which may run into the same problem and wondering why they can´t download a certificate.

Regarding the template-issues and therefore broken functions, here is now the seperate post as you´ve requested. It´s mostly the same post as you´ve received already via PN, only without the screenshots. Our forums use the UI.X theme in XF 1.5.2 with RM 1.2.3 and RM Marketplace 3.2.0 .
  1. I started on the main ressource page, clicked add ressource, was led to the category chooser, choosed the same category where the old ressource was already in and on the next page it presented me a prefilled add-form, with all the data from the old ressource. I thought may be this comes from the autocomplete browserfunction and tried the same in 2 other browsers - but even there it came up as a prefilled form, so it seems it´s pulling that from the database. I guess that´s not like intended and produces a lot of confusion. I couldn´t check what would happen, when this prefilled-form is stored in the database and wether this will interfere with the already existing old ressource data (see #3).
  2. I went back to the RM, went to the category and clicked the add ressource button there. No category-chosser, but that seems to be intended. No prefilled form. So far so good. But while filling out the form I stumbled over a little header sentence "kind of ressource" with no options.
  3. Resulting from the issue above - where obviously a radio button or a dropdown-list is missing - it seems the missing input is causing the error regarding missing mandatory fields when trying to publish the offfer.
Any help appreciated.

No, there is no so called file on the whole server.

Would it be possible to have ftp access to find out the issue ?

Of course. And it wasn´t meant as an offense or critisicm - just as additional info for other users with already created PayPal-signature which may run into the same problem and wondering why they can´t download a certificate.

None taken don't worry :)

Regarding the template-issues and therefore broken functions, here is now the seperate post as you´ve requested. It´s mostly the same post as you´ve received already via PN, only without the screenshots. Our forums use the UI.X theme in XF 1.5.2 with RM 1.2.3 and RM Marketplace 3.2.0 .
  1. I started on the main ressource page, clicked add ressource, was led to the category chooser, choosed the same category where the old ressource was already in and on the next page it presented me a prefilled add-form, with all the data from the old ressource. I thought may be this comes from the autocomplete browserfunction and tried the same in 2 other browsers - but even there it came up as a prefilled form, so it seems it´s pulling that from the database. I guess that´s not like intended and produces a lot of confusion. I couldn´t check what would happen, when this prefilled-form is stored in the database and wether this will interfere with the already existing old ressource data (see #3).
  2. I went back to the RM, went to the category and clicked the add ressource button there. No category-chosser, but that seems to be intended. No prefilled form. So far so good. But while filling out the form I stumbled over a little header sentence "kind of ressource" with no options.
  3. Resulting from the issue above - where obviously a radio button or a dropdown-list is missing - it seems the missing input is causing the error regarding missing mandatory fields when trying to publish the offfer.
Any help appreciated.

Will goes through this step on your forum tomorrow evening as I am not available tonight (volleyball match).

Top Bottom