1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[XFA] RM Marketplace [Paid] 3.4.2

Transforms your RM into an outstanding marketplace or shop !

1. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] RM Marketplace - Transforms your RM into an outstanding marketplace or shop !

Read more about this resource...

51463 likes this.
  2. popr

popr Active Member

Will this work with a trader ratings plugin (for buyer/seller feedback)? How suitable is this for users to sell each other real physical products using their own paypal accounts? If they use their own paypal accounts, is there any way to charge a percentage or listing fee?

3. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean ? This add-on is based on the Resource Manager which as a rating system. But no buyer feedback though.
    But you could suggest it in the dedicated forum on our website.

It's meant to provide users with the possibility to sell their own resources using their own paypal account.

That is an existing feature, you can request a percentage on sales.

You can try it on our website using following login credentials :
    demo/demo1234
    There is a test area in our shop to test the add-on, I forgot to mention it in the description.

4. joroom

joroom Member

Nice add-on .

We need a demo for this maybe ?

5. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

See my message just above, it's what we use to sell our products and we added a test area for you to exercise.
    Account demo/demo1234

I'll edit the message tonight and put a link to the demo and the account info to avoid others to ask for the same question ;)

joroom likes this.
  6. danielTMC

danielTMC Member

Hi @XFA. Can you please explain how the commission works here? Who is the primary recipient, the forum admin or the seller? Are you using PayPal adaptive payments? Is the payment chained, parallel?
    A full explanation of how this works would be much appreciated.

We are considering having our own marketplace either on XF or Woocommerce. Our primary concern is being intelligent about limiting our involvement in disputes between buyer and seller.

Thanks

7. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

You set a percent in the admincp in options and then this is all managed automatically.
    When a user buys money goes to the admin and the seller.
    Fees payer is set as each receiver.

None, as I am using parallel payment.

Yes I am.

Parallel as staed here above.

Do you have any other questions regarding this feature ?

I must admit I never tried to make disputes, but I guess that with parallel payment both are involved.

Clément

danielTMC likes this.
  8. danielTMC

danielTMC Member

Clement, thanks for the explanations. So some further questions:

Does the buyers see that the forum admin is getting a commission? I assume that they are taken to a PayPal payment page where they will see the amount going to the Seller and the amount going to the Forum Admin.

We spoke with PayPal and Braintree as well. Both of them indicate that when using their services (such as PayPal adaptive payments), the Forum Admin becomes responsible for resolving any disputes. So if the buyer files a chargeback, it comes out of the pocket of the pocket of the Forum Admin, not the Seller. What Braintree allows you to do (not sure if PayPal allows this) is to be able to have Sellers enter a credit card if they want to sell on your website. This gets stored by Braintree so that if the Buyer issues a chargeback, the Forum Admin can then charge the Seller that amount so that the Forum Admin does not end up having to pay for the dispute. Of course part of this protection involves making sure there is a Terms and Conditions that both buyer and seller agree to in order to provide further protection to the Forum Admin. Do you have any thoughts on any of this?

9. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Yes they do.

Well, that would need to be tested I think, as both users are charged fees for the amount that corresponds to their part (ie. the commission for the admin and the rest for the seller), I think the dispute is charged to both on there part of payment.

10. danielTMC

danielTMC Member

Just to clarify, does the buyer see this only on the PayPal payment page, or also on the item listing in RM Marketplace?
    I suppose I should contact PayPal to confirm this. If what you are saying is true, this is great since it means that we are only responsible to return the commission.

11. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Only on the payment page.

Yeah you better ask, I am really not sure of what I told you, it's not stated in the documentation.

12. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

FYI demo is buggy at the moment, I'll fix it tomorrow.

13. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

XFA updated [XFA] RM Marketplace with a new update entry:

Bug corrections + Small modification

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

Demo is back to normal functioning.

15. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

16. davs

davs Member

Is there a way to remove number of purchases on the left side preview for physical products?

Untitled-1.png

17. davs

davs Member

Also, the "your purchases" screen still displays "no purchases found" months after buying.

18. davs

davs Member

And as posted in another thread, the "terms and conditions" still links to the homepage instead of the terms filled out when creating a physical product. This locks the user forcing them to go back a page to start order over without viewing terms assuming they still want to enter information into a malfunctioning website.

19. XFA

XFA Well-Known Member

20. oO5 Dynasty

oO5 Dynasty Active Member

I like this, what other features will u be adding.