[XFA] RM Marketplace

[XFA] RM Marketplace [Paid] 3.9.6

No permission to buy (€8.00)

XFA

XFA submitted a new resource:

[XFA] RM Marketplace - Transforms your RM into an outstanding marketplace or shop !

Description
RM Makertplace allows you and/or your users to sell resources from the resource manager, like in a marketplace !

Supports three types of products :

• Digital products with or without licence restrictions
  • Physical products
  • Service offers
Through the Resource Categories configuration system, the administrator select which categories are intended for the sale of resources.
Each of...

Read more about this resource...

Will this work with a trader ratings plugin (for buyer/seller feedback)? How suitable is this for users to sell each other real physical products using their own paypal accounts? If they use their own paypal accounts, is there any way to charge a percentage or listing fee?

Will this work with a trader ratings plugin (for buyer/seller feedback)?

Not sure what you mean ? This add-on is based on the Resource Manager which as a rating system. But no buyer feedback though.
But you could suggest it in the dedicated forum on our website.

How suitable is this for users to sell each other real physical products using their own paypal accounts?

It's meant to provide users with the possibility to sell their own resources using their own paypal account.

If they use their own paypal accounts, is there any way to charge a percentage or listing fee?

That is an existing feature, you can request a percentage on sales.

You can try it on our website using following login credentials :
demo/demo1234
There is a test area in our shop to test the add-on, I forgot to mention it in the description.

Nice add-on .

We need a demo for this maybe ?

See my message just above, it's what we use to sell our products and we added a test area for you to exercise.
Account demo/demo1234

I'll edit the message tonight and put a link to the demo and the account info to avoid others to ask for the same question ;)

Hi @XFA. Can you please explain how the commission works here? Who is the primary recipient, the forum admin or the seller? Are you using PayPal adaptive payments? Is the payment chained, parallel?
A full explanation of how this works would be much appreciated.

We are considering having our own marketplace either on XF or Woocommerce. Our primary concern is being intelligent about limiting our involvement in disputes between buyer and seller.

Thanks

Can you please explain how the commission works here?

You set a percent in the admincp in options and then this is all managed automatically.
When a user buys money goes to the admin and the seller.
Fees payer is set as each receiver.

Who is the primary recipient, the forum admin or the seller?

None, as I am using parallel payment.

Are you using PayPal adaptive payments?

Yes I am.

Is the payment chained, parallel?

Parallel as staed here above.

A full explanation of how this works would be much appreciated.

Do you have any other questions regarding this feature ?

We are considering having our own marketplace either on XF or Woocommerce. Our primary concern is being intelligent about limiting our involvement in disputes between buyer and seller.

I must admit I never tried to make disputes, but I guess that with parallel payment both are involved.

Clément

Clement, thanks for the explanations. So some further questions:

Does the buyers see that the forum admin is getting a commission? I assume that they are taken to a PayPal payment page where they will see the amount going to the Seller and the amount going to the Forum Admin.

We spoke with PayPal and Braintree as well. Both of them indicate that when using their services (such as PayPal adaptive payments), the Forum Admin becomes responsible for resolving any disputes. So if the buyer files a chargeback, it comes out of the pocket of the pocket of the Forum Admin, not the Seller. What Braintree allows you to do (not sure if PayPal allows this) is to be able to have Sellers enter a credit card if they want to sell on your website. This gets stored by Braintree so that if the Buyer issues a chargeback, the Forum Admin can then charge the Seller that amount so that the Forum Admin does not end up having to pay for the dispute. Of course part of this protection involves making sure there is a Terms and Conditions that both buyer and seller agree to in order to provide further protection to the Forum Admin. Do you have any thoughts on any of this?

Does the buyers see that the forum admin is getting a commission? I assume that they are taken to a PayPal payment page where they will see the amount going to the Seller and the amount going to the Forum Admin.

Yes they do.

We spoke with PayPal and Braintree as well. Both of them indicate that when using their services (such as PayPal adaptive payments), the Forum Admin becomes responsible for resolving any disputes. So if the buyer files a chargeback, it comes out of the pocket of the pocket of the Forum Admin, not the Seller. What Braintree allows you to do (not sure if PayPal allows this) is to be able to have Sellers enter a credit card if they want to sell on your website. This gets stored by Braintree so that if the Buyer issues a chargeback, the Forum Admin can then charge the Seller that amount so that the Forum Admin does not end up having to pay for the dispute. Of course part of this protection involves making sure there is a Terms and Conditions that both buyer and seller agree to in order to provide further protection to the Forum Admin. Do you have any thoughts on any of this?

Well, that would need to be tested I think, as both users are charged fees for the amount that corresponds to their part (ie. the commission for the admin and the rest for the seller), I think the dispute is charged to both on there part of payment.

Yes they do.

Just to clarify, does the buyer see this only on the PayPal payment page, or also on the item listing in RM Marketplace?
Well, that would need to be tested I think, as both users are charged fees for the amount that corresponds to their part (ie. the commission for the admin and the rest for the seller), I think the dispute is charged to both on there part of payment.
I suppose I should contact PayPal to confirm this. If what you are saying is true, this is great since it means that we are only responsible to return the commission.

Just to clarify, does the buyer see this only on the PayPal payment page, or also on the item listing in RM Marketplace?

Only on the payment page.

I suppose I should contact PayPal to confirm this. If what you are saying is true, this is great since it means that we are only responsible to return the commission.

Yeah you better ask, I am really not sure of what I told you, it's not stated in the documentation.

XFA updated [XFA] RM Marketplace with a new update entry:

Bug corrections + Small modification

Corrected bugs:
  • Download not working for non time limited license
  • License information and buy button not correctly displayed on Updates and Reviews pages
  • Category permissions not working correctly
  • ErrorException: Undefined index: category - library/XFA/RMMarketPlace/ControllerPublic/Resource.php:2053

Modifications:

• PPConfiguration.php file in library/XFA/Third_Party/Paypal...

Read the rest of this update entry...

And as posted in another thread, the "terms and conditions" still links to the homepage instead of the terms filled out when creating a physical product. This locks the user forcing them to go back a page to start order over without viewing terms assuming they still want to enter information into a malfunctioning website.

Top Bottom