[XFA] Media Of The Month

[XFA] Media Of The Month [Paid] 3.6.0

No permission to buy (€6.00)
Hi guys,
Does anyone in this thread who is using the add-on, have any issues with alerts being sent when any media is voted?
ie user clicks vote for media and the user with the media gets the alert "user x voted on your media" etc..
Anyone having any issues with alerts or not?
If you alerts are working, is there any chance we can chat so I can compare some files? Ours haven't been working since I requested the feature which Clement did implement, but never worked for us.
Just hoping someone has a working setup so I can look at some files.
Many thanks.

Hi Glock,

Did you install the new version ? (haven't been able to check yet if you answered me on xfa).

In any case, if your alerts are still blank, perhaps you could ask @Fredxd to have a look as I think he does some work for you these days.
Or we could agree together on a common meeting point where we could try live to get this working.

I have it working on my test setup without issue.

Clément

Alright, clearly my board has issues specific with this addon as out of the 12 months I've been running it on 6 have had various issues :)

Installed 3.40, I switched modes from Mode 1 to Mode 2 (at the end of my July contest).

My server time is UTC and board time for guests is EST (putting this out there in case we have a timezone issue).

In Mode 2 the following happened:

July 31st - New MOTM 07/16 opened two entries were presumably voted on and contest autoclosed (looking at the thread history). All of this should not have happened on last day of month. No awards were given.
Aug 1 - New MOTM 08/16 opened (new thread)
Aug 2 - New MOTM 08/16 opened (new thread)
Aug 3rd - I guess I'll see tonight but I'm guessing another new thread will be opened

Seems to be stuck in a loop of sorts in Mode 2.

@MtoR

Check your Cron Job settings. What I've found is that you have to tweak the hours within the settings screen for the cron in order to get the actual time to display right on the cron overview screen. This was an issue with Forum Backup addon as well but he fixed that one. This one, every time you upgrade, it reverts that to the default (unless it got fixed....)

I have one thing the smacked me a few times but it's not related to this addon. When changing settings via mobile in iOS if you for instance change the check mark on a time selection, like for the cron for instance, so that it runs at an offset time, then save, it actually checks the "all" at the top of the list in addition to your selection even if you uncheck it. You have to make the change, then edit it again and uncheck all. One time I forgot to do that and it ran the cron every hour and created 10 contest threads and albums by the time I caught it. Again nothing to do with this addon...I should probably write that one up, I don't even know if it's a XF bug or an iOS glitch though....

Floyrd could you give more info on that time fixing exactly so that I know what to fix please ?

Clément

It's pretty much as I explained. The time on the Cron Entries screen in ACP where all cron jobs are listed does not synch up with the time selected on the individual Cron Edit screen. For instance when I install it or upgrade it, the cron is actually set (on the MOTM cron edit screen) to midnight but on the Cron Entries list, the time that it is actually going to run it 7pm (5 hours earlier) because I am in the central time zone (GMT -5) so whatever is entered on the MOTM Cron Edit screen, I have to adjust +5 hours to make it actually run when I want it to. So if I want the cron to run at 12:01am then I have to set it to run at 5:01am and save it, and then on the Cron Entries screen it will show 12:01am.

XFA Cron Entries.webp

XFA Cron Edit.webp

Ask @SneakyDave he had the identical issue on his Forum Backup addon

Check your Cron Job settings. What I've found is that you have to tweak the hours within the settings screen for the cron in order to get the actual time to display right on the cron overview screen. This was an issue with Forum Backup addon as well but he fixed that one. This one, every time you upgrade, it reverts that to the default (unless it got fixed....)

I have one thing the smacked me a few times but it's not related to this addon. When changing settings via mobile in iOS if you for instance change the check mark on a time selection, like for the cron for instance, so that it runs at an offset time, then save, it actually checks the "all" at the top of the list in addition to your selection even if you uncheck it. You have to make the change, then edit it again and uncheck all. One time I forgot to do that and it ran the cron every hour and created 10 contest threads and albums by the time I caught it. Again nothing to do with this addon...I should probably write that one up, I don't even know if it's a XF bug or an iOS glitch though....

Thanks for this. It makes sense for one of my issues but the duplicate threads being created I suspect is something else. I've had this happen with any and all versions of this addon in any mode. Problem is that it's very intermittent and no errors are captured anywhere.

That's not an addon issue, that's just a case of the XenForo time not matching the time zone of the server.
I thought it was something related to your addon, because you fixed it, plus I don't generally have the issue with other addons. Or...maybe I do and just don't notice it because they don't actively affect site functions.

The issue with the time difference in general kind of perplexes me honestly. It's totally unexpected.

This all does seem odd, but if the date is not the one expected in the cron time then it's not coming from the add-on.

The cron itself is a xF feature and I just provide execution functions that binds to it.

Can I ask a couple of questions.

Is there a way to remove the "Like" section - some of my members get confused during the voting period and hit the "Like" button instead of the "Vote" button.

I also think the "Vote" button should say "Vote" and not just a heart icon.

It might be possible to implement it yes, you can request both features on our forum.

This new version is breaking user registrations.... @XFA

See attached.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xfa_mtom_award_date' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, 21 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#1 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'INSERT INTO `xf...')
#2 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('INSERT INTO `xf...')
#3 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#4 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1638): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user', Array)
#5 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1627): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#6 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#7 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(416): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /var/www/xxx.com/htdocs/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "http://www.xyz.com/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(18) {
["username"] => string(0) ""
["23f0a720e84da2010e8f0eaf38efb205"] => string(9) "Radiohead"
["271721edcc6186556ec5f2d405a6361b"] => string(0) ""
["0e339bfc3b7ea2dace9f00e2be8f8350"] => string(18) "r.reeve3@gmail.com"
["referrer"] => string(0) ""
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["3f35e7bde84f632b6676634180a4cbc8"] => string(4) "male"
["dob_month"] => string(1) "2"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "23"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1970"
["location"] => string(7) "Toronto"
["631c59d91db07c20aff5164edfe331a7"] => array(4) {
["y29ydmv0dgu"] => string(0) ""
["corvette"] => string(7) "2010 C6"
["modifications_upgrades"] => string(0) ""
["map_location"] => string(0) ""
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(5) {
[0] => string(11) "y29ydmv0dgu"
[1] => string(8) "corvette"
[2] => string(15) "club_membership"
[3] => string(22) "modifications_upgrades"
[4] => string(12) "map_location"
}
["3fc0910d5a89e2252a2e23ebd319d724"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
["g-recaptcha-response"] => string(974) "03AHJ_VutzvxiZIeHV9ru5MRjMwlVnu9dc0vwjFNYk9cL4pjbwKHxkVmbEug1qYImjBvhVgZzlAt5AhKaco6e_tnPK1qJdWLR1uxuvy9sNnCVFg9WhctuJc_xf1GfbGIkJkpcnK2EK39gUp8msEc3OcvoL35nbeGGrZ5BRLlNimNGDQwkk0cE07016WrU5P7cn0-Y5Wyp0H7BB3VOWpVSbOhHNN0nRtgc4FMLuIaGFVj0sOUM8KAH4tQoYFh_dnDONfjviaZeqCnyY9T69KTsvjTZD2Go6J-B1jvH6staAU-nVgdYtd64NLtqkhPvVTIneLWnBkyeLHKXXmULBU2IMvRswDII0g-HBe6PSmga3WBq_KEk-XH2tMdJisQJDi5_WcusO_Rcsr0yS0qLiT8rHsDfQfamXiya1c5Fx8sMPcljLQWpKaLCFFqiQ59X9tkPV6X7cIWOAPo7bp5plrLtsxoHgpRxhm4gBC8UQK8YJCbIaR_5h9Oxbr4p9s8TdQK011LhbivimgCYHofNfGCEbjNmlnkliOvTx2Zb3HH5EhaMjKP72_pZcmDHFJy0qMRYVw0sBUcpEKFen4MmY9gkwHJXsV6uJ2uUB7-mQMQzE0hvjq0C3V0E4_9Q6jOOFlYMn-itiZ5_o4quCUDTG1zDy0RBXW-jBArw_hYh7UDSoE6xzGcvhaW2EuuG0cXPaUPBpP_Cgi8v8KVQ6CDqeVsmfDHu2XpYCz9eAGS44QcdMlRcE1FnhRjY5YeftZnITesvEg2KrqOm6BO8g3Hi17wbY-z_HqsMv7I2d2CJR_cbeYmIbaETGfF8P9bC3iWb79E4N499ipLANLo85WfTK-gwexIlYpeaIlH6aeBiaadyv4EkDR37kwzu-hORPP1D_JB0hnCwC8660xCt7uDN4ZVEY6NfplM2C7-8x2MWATF7qQ8nie4sUDixLAptkzbgpUoxGpIzujRDcHlrC"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "749c227333e73e4fb82b4312fa413161"
}
}

Hi,

It seems that you had an issue upgrading, as a database column is missing.

Do you have a field xfa_mtom_award_date in your xf_user table ?

If not run the following queries:
Code:
                       ALTER TABLE xf_user
                       ADD xfa_motm_award_date INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

Code:
                       UPDATE xf_user
                       SET xfa_motm_award_date = 1475359246
                       WHERE xfa_motm_award = 1

Hi,

It seems that you had an issue upgrading, as a database column is missing.

Do you have a field xfa_mtom_award_date in your xf_user table ?

If not run the following queries:
Code:
                       ALTER TABLE xf_user
                       ADD xfa_motm_award_date INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

Code:
                       UPDATE xf_user
                       SET xfa_motm_award_date = 1475359246
                       WHERE xfa_motm_award = 1

My xf_user table has that column already.

If you look at my error log you will spot a typo in your insert statement 'xfa_mtom_award_date' presumably it should be xfa_motm_award_date.

@XFA

Last edited:
Ah yes thanks... I am a bit blind at that hour of the night.

Will post a fix version right now.

Top Bottom