[XFA] Extended Cover

[XFA] Extended Cover [Paid] 4.2.9

No permission to buy (€8.00)
Installed v3.1.0 today. XFA incorporated the suggestions, fixed the bugs, changed phrases and this add-on made a huge step forward. The optional position of the cover controls is awesome. This is now fully customizable as it should be! All in all very solid work! :)(y)

I have some observations / suggestions / bug fixes to share with the current v3.1.0 version:

I like the separation for the Style Properties in three parts (Forum/Thread/Profile) however it is somewhat crude and hard to understand partially.
  • Instead of "Dimensions", "Content Position" etc the properties would be better associated with what they tweak: "Cover Container", "Title & Description", "Overlay Container" etc, just as example
  • "Cover Shadow": I did not realize what that was until I changed the setting and then I realized it was the gradient overlay over the cover picture. It would be helpful if this is more clear.
and...

There is no "Allowed Cover File Extensions" for Thread Cover, so nothing can be uploaded.

I can confirm the bug... The same extension input list that is there for forum covers and profile covers is missing and should be added for consistency:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-30 um 15.57.20.webp

Also, mind "responsiveness" ... a static height does take away too much from mobile screens and changes the proportions of the picture cropping.

As example I came up with the following CSS extension. Add this to the end of "xfa_ec_forum.css" (must be adjusted for thread and profile accordingly):

This makes Cover Height fluently over multiple screen widths.

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{
    .xfa_ec_cover_container.xfaEcForum,
    .xfa_ec_cover_item.xfaEcForum
    {
        height: calc(@xfa_ec_forum_dimensions.height * 0.8);
    }
}

@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveMediumWidth)
{
    {
        height: calc(@xfa_ec_forum_dimensions.height * 0.6);
    }
}

@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
    {
        height: calc(@xfa_ec_forum_dimensions.height * 0.4);
    }
}
</xen:if>

Last edited:
Just bought the mod, in next update could you please add support to add cover image to categories as well
and forum home if not already.

Anyone using this with UI.X Dark or Abyss want to share their style customizations?

This is awesome.. Just need to sort the way its looking on mobile devices.. Id personally like to disable the plugin altogether when responsive view kicks in. Is there possibly some easy CSS to achieve this?

@FredC If you want to tweak proportions (namely height) for responsive, look at my CSS code above: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfa-extended-cover-paid.106511/page-5#post-1021727

If you want to hide it on any responsive view than use this in your EXTRA.CSS:

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{
    .xfa_ec_cover_container.xfaEcThread,
    .xfa_ec_cover_container.xfaEcProfile
    {
        display: none;
    }
}
</xen:if>

If it should be gone on small screens like phones only, than use "@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)" instead.

I am currently doing an update.

What is done for the current version 3.2.0:
  • Bugs Fixed:
    • Reposition / Delete on Firefox
    • Invisible link for users on the cover profile
  • New Features :
    • Moderator permissions : (I will move the following permissions)
      • Manage forum cover
      • Reposition forum cover
      • Manage thread cover by anyone
      • Reposition thread cover by anyone
    • Option: Default Cover profile only visible to the owner of the profile
    • Cover in RM
      • In Category (With option, style properties, permissions...)
      • In Resource (With option, style properties, permissions...)
  • Maybe ? :
    • Cover Slider with touch capability and auto play
    • Displaying the cover at a share page on facebook

Last edited:
Top Bottom