[XFA] Extended Cover

[XFA] Extended Cover [Paid] 4.2.9

No permission to buy (€8.00)
Any idea when the ability to add covers based of prefix will be available?

Preferable id like to select a default cover for forum nodes. If a prefix default cover image exists that would take precendence else take the forum node cover image. Its the only thing holding me back from buying.

Preferable id like to select a default cover for forum nodes. If a prefix default cover image exists that would take precendence else take the forum node cover image. Its the only thing holding me back from buying.
same here actually. I was about to ask the same thing

Hey @MtoR, 2 issues here.

Deleting "Shadow effect color" means no image will show as forum cover.
Forum title and description issues here,

1.png

Have posted the following on the XFA website. Post it here just for the record and info purpose.

Version 3.0.0

Improvements:
  1. In thread cover mode it would be good to have the cover upload in one step (if permissions allow) with the thread creation. Now it is two steps, first create thread and then manually upload a cover. Better have the cover upload in the thread creation form.
  2. The "manage cover" button should not be an callToAction button – it should be suited into the "Thread Tools" popup menu, to reflect the hierarchy of XF options. A callToAction button just for the cover is way too much prominent.
  3. "Resize" is the wrong term/phrase. In your add-on you can only "Reposition" the cover but not resize it (yet).
  4. "Delete Cover" should be in the popup menu as well.
  5. More Style Properties: Title alignment and font-size, color, etc... Manage gradient color of the background of the Title as well as padding, height etc. plus "Manage Cover" button styling.
  6. Have the "Forum Cover" administration in the frontend too! I was pretty much searching until I thought to myself: oh they put it into the node tree in the admin cp... This should be consistent in the frontend. (In addition you can have that in the node tree too, of course)
  7. Reflect "Responsiveness": There must be adjustments made for Responsive behavior. The static height and static placement of the title and content does not work well for the eye on small screens. (But that is only of less priority since I can do my styling on the CSS manually of course).
Bugs:
  1. Style Properties (as they are now) do NOT work at all. You can make changes but it does not change the cover.

I think I'll work on a new version very soon and then see what I can do about it ;)

Hey @MtoR, 2 issues here.

Deleting "Shadow effect color" means no image will show as forum cover.
Forum title and description issues here,

1.png

Indeed the shadow effect is not switched off, I'll correct bug on the next version.
For the title and description, could you posted the link or the cover is displayed because I can not seem to reproduce this bug (either here or Mp for link)

Have posted the following on the XFA website. Post it here just for the record and info purpose.

Version 3.0.0

Improvements:
  1. In thread cover mode it would be good to have the cover upload in one step (if permissions allow) with the thread creation. Now it is two steps, first create thread and then manually upload a cover. Better have the cover upload in the thread creation form.
  2. The "manage cover" button should not be an callToAction button – it should be suited into the "Thread Tools" popup menu, to reflect the hierarchy of XF options. A callToAction button just for the cover is way too much prominent.
  3. "Resize" is the wrong term/phrase. In your add-on you can only "Reposition" the cover but not resize it (yet).
  4. "Delete Cover" should be in the popup menu as well.
  5. More Style Properties: Title alignment and font-size, color, etc... Manage gradient color of the background of the Title as well as padding, height etc. plus "Manage Cover" button styling.
  6. Have the "Forum Cover" administration in the frontend too! I was pretty much searching until I thought to myself: oh they put it into the node tree in the admin cp... This should be consistent in the frontend. (In addition you can have that in the node tree too, of course)
  7. Reflect "Responsiveness": There must be adjustments made for Responsive behavior. The static height and static placement of the title and content does not work well for the eye on small screens. (But that is only of less priority since I can do my styling on the CSS manually of course).
Bugs:
  1. Style Properties (as they are now) do NOT work at all. You can make changes but it does not change the cover.

Improvements:
  1. When creating the thread I can upload them to cover this area (because of the conflict that may cause the covers of attachments and post)
    I think restore the trigger that automatically redirect the user after creating the thread

2. I will make an option to choose one of two positions as some prefer at this point
  3. I will correct it
  4. I'll add a link to remove the cover from the menu
  5. I'll see what I can do also in this sense
  6. Ok I will leave the admin party, and I will add the manage in front side also
  7. On this side, I guarantee nothing, but I will see this also
Bugs:
  1. I'll fix that

Top Bottom