[XFA] Extended Cover

[XFA] Extended Cover [Paid] 4.2.9

No permission to buy (€8.00)
Sounds great. Please add different slider animations.

I will look tomorow or this week end for slider
I think i will add option for use slider library or not

I already make this one :

Cover in RM
  • In Category (With option, style properties, permissions...)
  • In Resource (With option, style properties, permissions...)

I think i will add option for use slider library or not

Just a simple option in the ACP to chose from different animations/transitions.

Can you please incorporate @Freelancer posts so that it gives the option to hide covers if in mobile etc.

My code was a direct CSS template customization. I think if this needs to be implemented than it would rather be an optional setting in the ACP Cover Options.

Adding the autoplay on the slider in the next release.

I'll see if I can make the "Touch compatibility" as well as added more animations

Installed v3.1.0 today. XFA incorporated the suggestions, fixed the bugs, changed phrases and this add-on made a huge step forward. The optional position of the cover controls is awesome. This is now fully customizable as it should be! All in all very solid work! :)(y)

I have some observations / suggestions / bug fixes to share with the current v3.1.0 version:

I like the separation for the Style Properties in three parts (Forum/Thread/Profile) however it is somewhat crude and hard to understand partially.
  • Instead of "Dimensions", "Content Position" etc the properties would be better associated with what they tweak: "Cover Container", "Title & Description", "Overlay Container" etc, just as example
  • "Cover Shadow": I did not realize what that was until I changed the setting and then I realized it was the gradient overlay over the cover picture. It would be helpful if this is more clear.

Can you detail how you would see the thing?

Also, mind "responsiveness" ... a static height does take away too much from mobile screens and changes the proportions of the picture cropping.

As example I came up with the following CSS extension. Add this to the end of "xfa_ec_forum.css" (must be adjusted for thread and profile accordingly):

This makes Cover Height fluently over multiple screen widths.

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveWideWidth)
{
    .xfa_ec_cover_container.xfaEcForum,
    .xfa_ec_cover_item.xfaEcForum
    {
        height: calc(@xfa_ec_forum_dimensions.height * 0.8);
    }
}

@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveMediumWidth)
{
    {
        height: calc(@xfa_ec_forum_dimensions.height * 0.6);
    }
}

@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
    {
        height: calc(@xfa_ec_forum_dimensions.height * 0.4);
    }
}
</xen:if>

I will add this in next release ;)

XFA updated [XFA] Extended Cover with a new update entry:

Bugs fixed and new features

• Bugs Fixed:
    • Reposition / Delete on Firefox
    • Invisible link for users on the cover profile
  • New Features :
    • Moderator permissions : (I will move the following permissions)
      • Manage forum cover
      • Reposition forum cover
      • Manage thread cover by anyone
      • Reposition thread cover by anyone
    • Option: Default Cover profile only visible to the owner of the profile
    • Cover in RM
      • In Category (With option, style...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This works for a users profile page cover? My current add on for the cover photo for the profile page is a bit buggy. will it look and perform better then this one?

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 5.04.20 AM.webp

One thing I noticed is if you turn on the RM option and don't set a default image it throws an error. default image should be an option.

Any plan to add support to XFMG category and albums? (That would be awesome if it was possible to create covers and slider for category and albums of XFMG)
Want to purchase it, and just want to see if it will be added in near future or not.

Thanks

Hi @XFA
I set the profile cover dimensions in style properties to width=100% and height=400px
But I don't want to change the dimensions of uploaded covers that are less than this sizes.
How it is possible?
For example I upload a cover with width= 851 and height=315 dimensions, but it stretches it to fit 100% and 400px.
How to disable this stretching?
(we just need to show the bigger cover in dimensions set in style properties. So we don't want to change smaller covers)

Last edited:
Too much error log since installing this:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: xfa_ec_default_cover - library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Model/ExtendedCover.php:268
Generated By: Unknown Account, 36 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xenforo/domains/my.site.com/public_html/library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Model/ExtendedCover.php(268): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/xenforo/d...', 268, Array)
#1 /home/xenforo/domains/my.site.com/public_html/library/XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/ControllerPublic/Resource.php(50): XFA_ExtendedCover_Model_ExtendedCover->getCoverParams('xfaEcRMResource', 889, Array, Array, false)
#2 /home/xenforo/domains/my.site.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XFA_ExtendedCover_Extends_ControllerPublic_Resource->actionView()
#3 /home/xenforo/domains/my.site.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/xenforo/domains/my.site.com/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://my.site.com/resources/889/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
and similar errors that their line of code is different, but the errors seems to be the same.

I checked all resources that have this error, and I saw their title and tag lines are not appearing in their pages when this add-on is enabled!
It mostly happened to resources that don't have downloadable file.

Last edited:
@XFA @Fredxd
Any idea about above error please?

Now more than 40 pages error log created in ACP! and Consequently, lots of resources are being shown without title and tag line.

EDIT: more than 754 pages error log => 15.077 logs!

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom