XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hello there guys, hello Jaxel!
I'm building a community for professional of my sector but they're kind of Facebook addicted users, meaning that they use their mobile phones a lot while reading and posting within Facebook groups for this kind of things also.
I love the way forums are organized since early 2000 maybe, but I have different mind unlike my colleagues.... moving them all to a forum style community would lead to a total loose of interest and probably the community interaction would go down to almost nothing.

So I've been looking around for a XF template to make my forum look more like a small custom social network, so my users won't be confused as I'll try to make it look the more "familiar" as possible for their low skills.

Today I saw your XenPorta and let me say that I found it so awesome, man!! Really loved it!!! (y) (y) (y)

But beside I would have gone straight through the purchase process, I still have some doubt about if it could be the template that can do for me... For example, is it possible to let the "format thread as article" feature being forced by default and invisible to normal users while still be markable by admins only? :unsure:

Do you think XenPorta could suit my particular needs or not? :unsure:
(Consider that I'm already running a blog that I will keep separate while I will probably promote blog articles within the community itself. So I don't really need an "article feature" except for making my community threads look a bit more like a Facebook post with comments...) :)

Thanks a lot, hope my script here was clear enough so you don't have to waste time trying to understand 😅

Cheers,
Marco

@Jaxel is branding removal just for Xenporta2 or is it a one time that includes your other addons. curious if I own also Discord Integration that branding would have to be purchased separately.

Hello,

I have a question about Google Mobile Usability test.
When I promote article and choice "Format thread as an article" there will be problems.

Mobile Usability issues
Search Console has identified that my site is affected by 2 Mobile Usability issues:
Content wider than screen
Clickable elements too close together

But If I don't choice "Format thread as an article" there will be perfect usability for mobile.

hello, can anyone explain how prebreak tag work?

I tried to insert a paragraph inside a prebreak tag and it didn't render when reading (that's intentional I guess) but it wouldn't render as excerpt on the portal page neither.

basically the tag just hide whatever text in it?
hello, bump my question again asking for help... is there any support offer by add-on author?

Hey Jaxel, wondering if you could spot an error.

I'm trying to add some extra options to the XenPorta category edit/save page, which are stored in a separate entity.
I created a new entity called PortaCategoryOptions and got the relations working ok.

Here's my controller extension:
EWR\Porta\Admin\Controller\Category
PHP:
namespace Nulumia\XPImprovements\EWR\Porta\Admin\Controller;

use XF\Mvc\ParameterBag;

class Category extends XFCP_Category
{

public function actionEdit(ParameterBag $params)
    {
        return parent::actionEdit($params);
        $categoryOptions = $category->getRelationOrDefault('PortaCategoryOptions');
    }

public function actionSave(ParameterBag $params)
    {
        $form = parent::actionSave($params);

$inputOptions = $this->filter('options', 'array');

$categoryOptions->option_one = $inputOptions['option_one'];
        $categoryOptions->option_two = $inputOptions['option_two'];
        $categoryOptions->option_three = $inputOptions['option_three'];

return $form;
    }
}

For clarity's sake, I've simplified some naming schemes.

When I try saving the page, it gives this error:

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined variable: category in src\addons\Nulumia\XPImprovements\EWR\Porta\Admin\Controller\Category.php at line 21

..which points to here:

I'm confused that dumping the $category variable on the edit form works ok.

Thanks for any advice,

Hello.

I'm new at this. So my forum is in the directory: site.com/forum.

I understand the portal will be in the main /public_html directory.

does the main public_html directory need to be empty of all files before I install?

Thank you.

Edit: I figured out that I did not have permissions set right. Works now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.34.00 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.34.00 AM.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Every time I post or promote to an article I get double posts and the format is all screwed up and also some article posts stopped showing. Also, my feature post does not show up? Can someone help me with this?

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 5.17.02 PM.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom