XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I've installed this and it seems to be working pretty well.
Is there a way to change the url of the XenPorta home page?
Is there any integration with the XF Media Gallery? Can I promote a photo like an article? My site is very photo heavy.

@Jaxel I noticed today that sticked articles are no longer displaying the "PINED" tab, but just the date. Can you please help with that? :( It was working fine since you updated last, but suddenly it's just gone. I don't think it's a style option anywhere?

Is there a way to change the url of the XenPorta home page?
Yes. Add a route filter: AdminACP>Setup>Route filters. Click on Add route filter and replace url ending. I changed mine from the default one (ewr-porta/) to xportal/> See pic below:

joyh1Sc.png

Setup - Options - Basic board information

change

Index page route from forums/ to ewr-porta/

Home page URL to blank

I don't want it to be the home page, that page will remain since many of my members use and like that format. (If I've learned on thing in my many years of running forums, it's "Don't annoy your existing members!"

I want this to be a news page, and would like the actual url of the page to be "news" rather than "ewr-porta"

Last edited:
Revert your templates.

How do I do that? I haven't changed them directly. All I did was go from Masonry to list layouts. Do I need to go into ACP -> ADDONS -> and do a rebuild for XenPorta?

I was trying to retrace my steps and just couldn't figure it out. Also, where can I find the reference to the tumbtack fontawesome icon in the event I want to change it?

Thanks for your help @Jaxel - hope you and yours are staying safe and well

Update:

Went BACK to masonry view and BOOM the pinned icons appear. Is there a way to make the pinned article work in list view and not just masonry?

Thank you!

Last edited:
@Jaxel this is probably a feature request rather than a question, but maybe I've overlooked a setting?

I would really like to be able to use any image as the avatar for an article. Sometimes the first post doesn't have an attachment. Far more often, it's a series of posts and I want to show the result, not the initial starting point. Being able to add an image, like you can with a feature, would solve that.

Can the slider be used for anything else? Aka resources, media, etc? Or limited only to threads?

The slider can only be used for threads. You can make them either an "article" or a "feature". Making them a feature puts them in the slider and allows you to select an image for that thread.

However, the page also allows you to insert Xenforo Widgets. So, if you inserts the Xenforo Media Gallery widget, you can show new images in the gallery. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing!

Yes. Add a route filter: AdminACP>Setup>Route filters. Click on Add route filter and replace url ending. I changed mine from the default one (ewr-porta/) to xportal/> See pic below:

joyh1Sc.png
Thank you for this? Was just about to ask!

Hi there,

A site I manage runs this add-on, and while inspecting the database I found that the table(s) used by this add-on do not use the xf_ prefix that's specified in the resource standards: https://xenforo.com/community/help/resource-standards/

Could you please provide an update to this add-on that resolves this?

Thanks!

Hey DB... so is that something that can cause issues with other add-ons/templates interacting with the XenPorta 2 add-on? I wonder, especially since my theme designer works closely with those add-ons that if a fix is done to properly address the database and add back in the required xf_ prefix it that could break other things.

How serious of a concern should this be for the non-tech-savvy forum admins among us?

and @Jaxel with Covid19 I don't like to bother ANYONE who does work for add-ons or the like. Everything is so upside down, frightening for many and finances are a struggle for ..well over 38 million americans alone, not counting those from other countries... so I really try to do a lot of my own research and try to fix my own problems now -- even with being a total newb at php and the like.

However... I did find that PINNED sticky features/articles still are there with he thumbtack icon but only in masonry layout... if it is changed to list layout that goes away. Is there any way I can modify or do something to a particular template (if told how to) so that the pinned thumbtack for stickies will show in both masonry and list views?

If a user here knows how, please enlighten me... thank you!

Stay safe and well!

C

Hey DB... so is that something that can cause issues with other add-ons/templates interacting with the XenPorta 2 add-on? I wonder, especially since my theme designer works closely with those add-ons that if a fix is done to properly address the database and add back in the required xf_ prefix it that could break other things.

How serious of a concern should this be for the non-tech-savvy forum admins among us?
Honestly, it's not a concern unless XenForo is installed into a database that already has other tables, and those tables are named identically. That being said, the standard is there for a reason (avoiding potential conflicts, keeping everything XF related grouped together) and so it should be followed.

The database tables wouldn't affect anything with regards to themes.

is it good to update to xenforo 2.1.9 without problems?
I installed it on 2.1.9 (first installation, not update), didn't noticed any problems, so I guess you can update to 2.1.9. But, just to be safe, first test on test site (copy files and database in new database for use as test site, if you already didn't do that).

I installed it on 2.1.9 (first installation, not update), didn't noticed any problems, so I guess you can update to 2.1.9. But, just to be safe, first test on test site (copy files and database in new database for use as test site, if you already didn't do that).

I had no challenges with it being installed on XF2.1.9 either.

Top Bottom