A reminder that XF2.2 is still in beta and not recommended for production forums.
- COMPLETELY redid the way thread types are represented in this update. In the previous version, promoting a thread type other than "discussion" would result in a loss of that thread type's special formatting. For instance, if you promoted a question/answer thread, you would lose answer voting controls. This update makes it possible to promote any thread type, while still retaining those special controls.
NOTE: XF2.2 is still in beta at the time of this release.
- This release updates the addon to work with XenForo 2.2+. This is a big update, so please inform me of any issues.
- XF2.2 adds a new discussion type system. I have decided to incorporate the articles as much as possible into this new system. I deemed this a better solution than rewriting the entire addon as it's own discussion type; as that would have been a complete rewrite, and would have forced me to charge for it as a new addon.
- Any thread promoted to an article will force it's discussion type to "article", regardless of valid discussion types of it's parent forum. This means that if you are promoting a thread from a non-article forum; it can still be shown as an article. This will not change the discussion type in your back-end database; it only changes the thread as it is presented to the end-users.
- Setting the "Show author byline block" option will replace XF2.2's built-in author attribution block with the XenPorta byline block. If you disable this option, it will go back to showing XF2.2's built-in block.
- BUG FIX: The article widget will no longer show future promoted articles.
Every update to Chrome seems to break something else in bxSlider. It has sort of become an intellectual arms race. A fix comes out... only to have it break again in the next version of Chrome. I personally have never had any issues, so I can't even tell if these fixes are working or not.
- This version restores swiping for the feature slider, which was disabled in the last fix.
- Fixes click-through issues introduced with Chrome 73... maybe, again, I never had the issue, so I can't confirm.
- Pinned articles will now show up with a pinned icon, instead of the article date when using the date block style setting.
- Articles will now show the feature image or article promotion image in opengraph and twitter linters.
- Author images will now apply external data URLs for CDN purposes.
- Fixed some slider issues... Hopefully. The last update was a hotfix for the issue of slider click-through no longer working in the most recent version of Chrome. That fix however, broke some other features of the slider, such as the progress bar. Please inform me of any issues with this new version.
- Fixed some abstracted image paths for people who use CDNs.
- The categories list will now be rolled out when promoting an article.
- Fixed a styling issue with play icons and font awesome.
- Fixed a date block issue with medium responsive widths.
- Fixed an issue where first posts can appear twice if simple comments are disabled.
- Feature images will now be called correctly if you are using a CDN. This function may not work properly if you are deleting the local images from your /data folder after syncing to the CDN. BOTH files must exist (since file checking is done locally), but the user will be served the CDN version.
- Fixed the requirement notice for XF2.1.