XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel I don't know about people skills - but your videos are awesome.
I have looked and tried to find what is probably a simple answer. Where can I uncheck the default setting for the 'format thread as article' option so that auto-promoted threads (I know you hate them - because I watched your videos :)) don't have that 'pre-checked' when people create new threads.

Help another anti-social brother out...

Jaxel, could you look at addressing the features hyperlink issue on mobiles I mentioned please?

I recall someone on here saying it worked OK for them, however It doesn't for me or my other admins. Have had to disable it on my front page for time being.

Thanks.

Hello
I need to dump Xenporta database from an instance to another
original Xenporta : lot of articles ;)
destination Xenporta : empty
What is the best method to perform this without errors ?

Another question :
My forum set up is domain.tld/forums
how to set xenporta to be displayed as domain.tld root ?

Thanks for your support.

@Jaxel I don't know about people skills - but your videos are awesome.
I have looked and tried to find what is probably a simple answer. Where can I uncheck the default setting for the 'format thread as article' option so that auto-promoted threads (I know you hate them - because I watched your videos :)) don't have that 'pre-checked' when people create new threads.

Help another anti-social brother out...

Found the default settings in the below template if anyone else is trying to change the defaults displayed if you have auto-promotion turned on
EWRporta_article_edit
https://www.bgobsession.com/admin.php?templates/ewrporta_article_edit.2274/compare

If you scroll down on the report... it clearly states that the waterfall problem of your portal is all the images on your portal in old poorly compressed web formats. That has nothing to do with this addon.
@Jaxel I've been meaning to ask you this for some time. What do you think about generating article icon/thumbnails at specified dimensions, similar to how you resize uploaded feature banners? This would essentially create resized copies of the images from /attachments/ in another corresponding directory I suppose, but would boast killer savings on the front-end (y)

@DragonByte Tech does something similar for product thumbnails in their eCommerce addon. For example I used this to crop my shop thumbnails to exact dimensions as they appear on the front-end, for top efficiency.

Hi @Jaxel

Just a thought for your next release if it's possible.

We currently use XenPorta 2 and XenAttendo 2. Both work great and we love using them.

However, if we have an event on a certain day, once we promote the thread to an article, we have no way of putting the article in any particular order - I suspect they go in the order in which the threads were created.

Is there a way of us manually changing the order of the events on the homepage?

Cheers

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

2.1.0.6 - CHANGELOG

Every update to Chrome seems to break something else in bxSlider. It has sort of become an intellectual arms race. A fix comes out... only to have it break again in the next version of Chrome. I personally have never had any issues, so I can't even tell if these fixes are working or not.
  • This version restores swiping for the feature slider, which was disabled in the last fix.
  • Fixes click-through issues introduced with Chrome 73... maybe, again, I never had the issue, so I can't...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've recived the update, how can i upgrade from ftp? All it take is to upload src style js to the relative folder? thanks for support!

Last edited:
Top Bottom