XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel didn`t solve the error, because I don`t know how to.
I ask my provider and here is the log with the answer what I get from them.

They just delete the log of the error. That was a dumb move. I don`t see the error now, because if that, but for sure will popup. I don`t know how to solve it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.webp
    Screenshot_1.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2.webp
    Screenshot_2.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_3.webp
    Screenshot_3.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_4.webp
    Screenshot_4.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_5.webp
    Screenshot_5.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_6.webp
    Screenshot_6.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_7.webp
    Screenshot_7.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 6
@Jaxel hey Jax..hope 2020 is finding you well. I have a development request for XenPorta2 that I was hoping you'd consider, let me know how hard it would be to do and then perhaps I can compensate your time to make it happen for all the XenPorta2 owners.

Being able to have dates on our posts is nice. It makes XenPorta work amazingly well as a CMS/Homepage portal. However, it can also make content look stale/old if not frequently updated - or if the content being left is old but being maintained towards the top of the list.

My idea is the ability to allow those with the proper permission to "pin" an article and/or featured article which would put a font awesome pin icon in the date ribbon (rather than a date) and keep the post at the top of the listing. I can make a mock up picture if wanted?

It would be super useful for keeping relative important content at the top without making the site look immediately dated.

Let me know your thoughts good sir! Maybe some people here could like, love or vote up the idea...?

You could do that with a simple template edit.

That is good to know. Unfortunately, I do not have the skill with php to even begin to contemplate how I could make certain promoted articles/features "pinned" and then change the ribbon date to a font awesome pin - keeping those articles at the top of all other dated ones.

However, if you get the time or have the time to write that into an upgrade - I don't mind putting time into your development of that. I may even be a value added addition for other owners, future owners.

I accidentally uploaded a broken version of 2.1.0.5. If you're getting errors, download the newest version and rebuild the addon.

@Jaxel this is awesome - thank you for adding that into an update. I have offset date block ticked in my style properties, it shows the articles with the dates as per usual.. I have stickied and also used sticky to article index but I still get the date versus a pin.

Am I not pinning the messages properly or missing a setting? I have reviewed the add on settings and style property settings - but have not seen something. Think I could be overlooking a simple solution/fix?

Try rebuilding the addon... and reverting templates... it should look like this:

View attachment 218826

Love it. I did a rebuild of the add-on after I did the upgrade, just in case that was needed to do anything. I don't believe there is much, if anything, special done to my themes code with regard to XenPorta2 other than we use a red colored "ribbon" with white text. Did some hunting in template modifications, but don't see anything relevant.

Any idea where it might be best to look for something causing an issue or conflict? I can rebuild again and try. I did go in and "un-pin" and "repin" just to see if that might help. No luck yet :( -- but it will be awesome once I can figure out what is the culprit that's making it not work.

Reactions: eL_
You are pinning the article promotion, not the thread itself, right?

Yea I am making it sticky via article promotion - by ticking where it says "Sticky to article index." Is that the proper way?

I am looking under outdated templates and I found a template where it has the coding to add the thumbtack shaded - so it may be an issue of my templates not being merged, but they will not auto merge.. so trying to see what I can do with it. I think troubleshooting brings it down to the template not merging.

Top Bottom