XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
This add-on is amazing! I'm really happy with it so far.

I'm only having one issue at the moment.

Currently, I'm unable to get article headers to work. Even with the "enable article headers" option checked in the style properties, I can't get the text to overlay on top of the image on the portal home page.

Is there a setting I might be missing? I'm having this issue in both the XF default style and my custom style. I'm just seeing the article title and link to the thread above the image instead of on top of the image.

im curious, is it possible to add a tab to a user's profile with threads they've had promoted? i didn't see anything in the options for this.

My XenPorta page on mobile can be moved around as bellow:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Default Style.
That doesn't happen in other pages.

Does anyone have the same problem? And how can I fix it?

Thank you!

(My site: www.phuot.vn)

Last edited:
This add-on is amazing! I'm really happy with it so far.

I'm only having one issue at the moment.

Currently, I'm unable to get article headers to work. Even with the "enable article headers" option checked in the style properties, I can't get the text to overlay on top of the image on the portal home page.

Is there a setting I might be missing? I'm having this issue in both the XF default style and my custom style. I'm just seeing the article title and link to the thread above the image instead of on top of the image.

Actually I just figured it out on my own. It was basically a procedural issue I was having. I'll explain what I did wrong for anyone else that might have this issue. Here's how I "fixed" it (although it was user error on my end...nothing broken that needs fixing).

1. I created a forum post with a BB code image at the top above the forum text (URL image, not an attachment)
  2. I promoted the forum post to an Xenporta article. Article headers and BB code was enabled.
  3. The image I was seeing on Xenporta home page was just the parsed BB code being shown as part of excerpt/snippet of the forum post text--an BB code image URL is NOT the article header.
To make an article header, you have to insert an image as an ATTACHMENT. Then, when you promote the forum post to an article, you select the attachment from the dropdown list as your article icon. Then, article headers work as expected.

Thanks again, @Jaxel this add-on is fantastic!!!

I am getting use to XenPorta2 and really enjoy how it makes the site look but I think I maybe have missed something in the mix. I understand that when I add attachments to my post and select full size making them appear IN the post, that attachment will be used for the header of the 'article' when promoted...but it looks bad to have the header image at the bottom of every post....is there a way to put the header in place and NOT have the image at the articles bottom?

Also...(sorry) in forums selected to push all threads to articles... is there a special setup to ensure the header picture appears?

Thank you guys in advance for your help!

I am getting use to XenPorta2 and really enjoy how it makes the site look but I think I maybe have missed something in the mix. I understand that when I add attachments to my post and select full size making them appear IN the post, that attachment will be used for the header of the 'article' when promoted...but it looks bad to have the header image at the bottom of every post....is there a way to put the header in place and NOT have the image at the articles bottom?

Also...(sorry) in forums selected to push all threads to articles... is there a special setup to ensure the header picture appears?

Thank you guys in advance for your help!

I'm an idiot, I figured it out :) ...attach the image and don't do anything with it. :P

I want to allow members to promote their thread as an article but the submission must be approved by a moderator.

In user group permissions I set "Submit article promotions" to Yes and the promoted articles went straight to the Article List while the Moderator's approval queue is empty.

I looked into Note Permissions and found nothing related to Xenporta articles.

I'm running XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO 2.0.2.5.

Did I miss something?

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 12.00.26 pm.webp

Hi, about to install this. Question:

My whole forum is at https://tacoma3g.com right now. I will need to change it to be https://forum.tacoma3g.com instead when I install this. How do I change it and how much is gonna mess stuff up like old links and Google SEO?

Why would you need to change? It's installed in the root directory of your xenforo installation.
My own site is a good example, never changed anything with this addon installed

Check your mailbox,
8WAYRUN.TV may have sent you an email with a download link inside.
I've accidentally re-purchased the add-on because I thought I haven't, but according to my PayPal history I already purchased it. Is there a way to refund this?

Hello @Jaxel, I don't want the thread's prefix to be included in the article title. Could you show me a way to do so, please!

Try this in your extra.less:

Code:
.porta-article-container .block-header .label { display: none !important; }

Reactions: CVN
Help please
On the porto / home page we can create with this add-on
I am wanting to change the title style on the article header, so it is white out of a simple colour panel. i.e. I drop the white ghost blend and outlined title text. Also how can I increase the height of each porto photo for featured articles. It is a bit small in height for most images.

I can't find any CSS attached to the framework, or the php page to edit for this styling. No settings beyond the Admin setting to control this.
Help would be great guys.

Help please
With ref my earlier issue above, I have managed to add an image bar in colour behind the article titles, and it seems to work ok.
Now I have hit another issue. My slider is touching my articles underneath. I need a 20px margin/gap in there. I have no idea why it is butting up. I have 2px margin set in Xemfor between blocks in settings.

Also it seems the feature slider won't go wider than 1200px. I wanted my page set in Xenforo to 1240px wide, but the slide image only goes to 1200px even though it is 2000px wide as uploaded.

slider.webp

Top Bottom