XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Error when clicking edit on non XenPorta Article (normal post):
  • ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'PortaArticle' of non-object
  • src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Post.php:50
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 16, 2018 at 3:53 PM
Stack trace
Code:
#0 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Post.php(50): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/dvcinfo1/...', 50, Array)
#1 src/addons/Andy/InsertAttachment/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php(17): EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Post->actionEdit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Andy\InsertAttachment\XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionEdit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:post', 'Edit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(Andy\ConvertToJpg\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Any ideas?

Disable other addons and see which one is conflicting.
After disabling all add-ins and re-enabling XenPorta, I'm not seeing the simple comments reverting to standard comments, however I still can consistently repro the bug where the article post is duplicated as a standard post after posting the first comment post:

Steps to repro
  1. Create new thread
  2. Promote thread to article
  3. Create comment post
Expected result:
  • Comment post is displayed below article post
Actual result
  • Article post is displayed twice - once as article, once as standard post, with comment post below it
Note: this only happens immediately after posting the first comment. If you refresh the page the issue goes away, and it does not occur for subsequent posts.

Please try and repro as I believe this is a bug

Last edited:
As far as the simple comments not displaying, i narrowed it down to a conflict with @AndyB's Similar Threads add-on, which is his most popular add-on and very relevant for replacing a CMS system with Xenporta since it recommends similar threads (articles) much like a CMS system would do.

@Jaxel, do you happen to have access to @AndyB's XF2 Add-ons that you can install Similar threads and add the sidebar widget for it (which is what causes the issue) or vice versa? These add-ons really go hand in hand to replace the need for a CMS system, so would be great if they could co-exist.

I dont have any of Andy's addons... In fact, I generally dont have ANYONE's addons. If I need a feature, I prefer to program it myself.

@Jaxel where you able to try reproing this bug? It reproed with all add-on disabled and default theme...

After disabling all add-ins and re-enabling XenPorta, I'm not seeing the simple comments reverting to standard comments, however I still can consistently repro the bug where the article post is duplicated as a standard post after posting the first comment post:

Steps to repro
  1. Create new thread
  2. Promote thread to article
  3. Create comment post
Expected result:
  • Comment post is displayed below article post
Actual result
  • Article post is displayed twice - once as article, once as standard post, with comment post below it
Note: this only happens immediately after posting the first comment. If you refresh the page the issue goes away, and it does not occur for subsequent posts.

Please try and repro as I believe this is a bug

@Jaxel where you able to try reproing this bug? It reproed with all add-on disabled and default theme...
Nope. That was a bug in the XF1 version, so it was a top priority in this XF2 version. So if it's happening on your forum, its due to another addon conflict.

Nope. That was a bug in the XF1 version, so it was a top priority in this XF2 version. So if it's happening on your forum, its due to another addon conflict.
Well, I've disabled all other add-ons, so...

Any hints on what issue was causing this in XF1 and/or what the fix generally was for XF2? Might give me an idea where to look. My guess is it's not due to any add-on, but rather standard XF2 customizations. E.g. some things that come to mind that are unique to my configuration are custom fields which are displayed on the member block on each post (although I'm using simplified comments so those aren't even displayed) and other minor CSS customizations (e.g. width of the member block).

Thanks!

Did you try it with the default skin?
I'm using the Default Style (with minor LESS template modifications).

My next step is to start reverting those changes until I figure out if one is conflicting... Any pointers on what was causing the issue before would help me narrow down where to look. Thanks!

Did you try it with the default skin?
The other potentially unique thing is I'm running XF 2.0.9 Did you try to repro with XF 2.0.9? Seems possible to be the cause especially if this was previously a bug in your add-on with XF2.

Feature request: turn off article view and/or simplified comments based on user group.

Use case: Forum members are used to seeing the standard Xenforo thread/post layout, so would disable article view and/or simplified comments for members, while keeping the streamlined article view/simplified comments for guests/SEO, since it's a bit jarring and confusing for forum members to have two different thread layouts. This way you have the best of both worlds - article view/simplified comments for guests; default thread layout for members.

One other feature request...

Enable Moderation of article posts. Right now the checkbox for inline moderation does nothing, so if you want to merge posts into an article post, you have to delete the article, merge posts, then promote it back to an article.

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

2.0.2.5 - CHANGELOG

• This release re-arranges the article view page... moving the first post block to within the comment block. In the default skin, there is no appearance difference. However, with some custom skins, you may have to do some extra work to get things to look proper. This change had to be done in order to fix a bug where inline moderation was not functioning properly for the first post.
  • The categories widget now links to the category from the category title.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Okay..well I am kinda proud of myself before my two paragraph plead for help, I realize what had me confused from the tutorial video - so I think that's a good sign that I am catching on! :D I do have a question.. what is the best 'practice' for utilizing XenPorta as a direct hit homepage... as in http://yoursite.com and have it without the need for a /ewr-portal or any other type of / path following?

I notice it seems the add-on has created a public navigation item called home... but I am having trouble getting what I've seen others do with this add-on for an engaging homepage...

I am going to play around more and see what I can accomplish but any words of wisdom are appreciated...I tend to be a little slow with these things, but I am getting there.

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom