XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Is anyone else having issues with the text blocks and some images/texts in articles rolling outside the boundaries?

EDIT: it’s also worth noting that when in mobile view that these same images/text/youtube vids go well outside the mobile frame. Resulting in you having to scroll horizontally.
I had a similar (but not quite the same) issue and it was due to a fixed-width CSS in xfmg_gallery_bb_code.less

Code:
.embeddedMedia
{
    width: 560px;
    max-width: 100%;

commenting out the width: 560px line fixed it for me.

Hey @Jaxel :)

I have some questions before committing on buying the addon. I'm a long time user of XF1 and since we went with the XF2 route, I have to know some things beforehand. That being said:

- is the addon fully responsive? it's very important for us since many users come via mobile devices
- is it compatible with UI.X 2?

I had a similar (but not quite the same) issue and it was due to a fixed-width CSS in xfmg_gallery_bb_code.less

Code:
.embeddedMedia
{
    width: 560px;
    max-width: 100%;

commenting out the width: 560px line fixed it for me.
I have same issue, some images breaking the style as they are quite big. The code above looks like only applicable to Media Gallery though which i don't have installed. :(

@Jaxel can you please do streams too, I know that add-ons hasn't drawn a lot of attention but it's unfair for those who have already purchased it.

I removed the forum title from the <xf:title></xf:title> in EWRporta_articles_index. However, I am now left with a big gap between the navbar and the feature widget. How do I make it less gappy? Anyone know?

feature.webp

On your website @Jaxel you have 'Pause infinite scrolling' option for users. Can this be added please as it's useful. thanks!

Also I have noticed that when you scroll on infinite scrolling the url adds page numbers , i.e /page-1 , /page-2 etc. On your site there isn't such thing.

For example if you scroll down on infinite scrolling and get to page 3, and you click continue.. on one of the articles, then click back, you go back to page 3 which then you are stuck on this page (isnt the home page).

Can you please make it so it all shows on 1 page without it changing pages like it is on your forums. thanks.

Also the countdown block/widget is longer in length than the other widgets (doesn't have a height field to adjust this either like the other widgets).

Also found that the split options for the widgets does not work.

Last edited:
On your website
I'm not running XF2 on my website.

Can you please make it so it all shows on 1 page without it changing pages like it is on your forums. thanks.
Next version.

Also the countdown block/widget is longer in length than the other widgets (doesn't have a height field to adjust this either like the other widgets).
Widgets are flex boxes. They are designed to grow to match their siblings.

Enough with the styling questions.

Hi, can anyone tell me how to fix the date block? I would like to do it as in the demo video on two lines: above the month and under the day.

Thank you

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-01-14 alle 10.15.55.webp
    Schermata 2018-01-14 alle 10.15.55.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 73
I'm not running XF2 on my website.

Enough with the styling questions.

Yes I know that, but it would be good to implement that into the XF2 add-on as it's a nice feature.

The styling questions are regarding your add-on with the default style.

Here are how things look on iPhone 8 (Safari):

3.webp
Facebook is not responsive with this widget, however if you add it via HTML it works fine.
Here is the console error code it's giving too, might help:
Code:
Refused to display 'https://www.facebook.com/xti.php?xt=AZXVztp3vGWkmMeZRjeZc9zW6fv2XAnMmKFUDWwdUlIr7BAfGWvZVlG8RMqhf0ZwdkOwVKVr-aZ0Sk5XCe-6y6XcLDoNKrqMjCx5qAe32N6xJvfDP-c_ektZBT9G4nwMtjv9gNNzRHkrDK0O6s4saesvOd2ID3hKxMrIEEdE-i1GZCrZu1x6yJmu1frGpspsalHTDdd2mhoOOq9rHr6Kaqkgq_D5n6YkBngJqpGGDq4c5Yca0TWZkSfrUonUsJV2HhBozNlzXuPP89fSWr2Bt9_XqMpZk-Nk3UW7Lx5JM9TSVtjMQeUnvB8xBtaLQoJf5PIECJlKjecPAS1cQoWqpPBaKBqiQzvUm8eUm2Ykeh5l8Nw9MvrkRlmAwwND5Kg5rVtUX75GryykhxWLS3bj4ws-z-1RLqZcLbZSJdaQ9TcqCCcSFHgy8hpyxi-TFhWXP0kU7pLkAG0hsQaeL5aqw5X2dGbwsoBHM5EKtC0sHV-ULjA3KJl7uTBw3u2wlLbtjYgYY9Tv_3LhtsVHAJTjtw90alnjveH854cEBc4bkegD-y6ZpW9dLlLIygaJCdx1oqfHlUZLkWetBN6iiVWW5BHD5wx9TPLXPvIgufaLyM6vbH_zo54D2LYffRnOvBnDKW_y75HGHgLagVc2YkIDvHcGvlemiomZOa7koJCokiP_CQ2hbu7BhHBr9R-GlpNU1s7O7nq5AawZgrB250PhoCaPkKW_U3rTWc8UhiOtVQR-5w&isv=1&cts=1515941366&csp' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

2.webp
Video does not auto play and you can see that the articles are cut off and not fit the screen.

4.webp
Articles overlap the widgets.

porta.webp
Can't input anything in Forum list: Sidebar box when you have the XenPorta > Articles list: Sidebar checked. In fact, this add-on makes all the boxes non editable for every widgets.

Whatttaa.webp
I am not sure if this is a bug, could be because its a video there but the featured thread/article is not showing the description/title at the bottom of the featured widget.

3rd.webp
Suggestion: make the odd article wide so it fits and does not leave a long space on the right side. This will make it look better.

Last edited:
Facebook is not responsive with this widget, however if you add it via HTML it works fine.
Here is the console error code it's giving too, might help:
Code:
Refused to display 'https://www.facebook.com/xti.php?xt=AZXVztp3vGWkmMeZRjeZc9zW6fv2XAnMmKFUDWwdUlIr7BAfGWvZVlG8RMqhf0ZwdkOwVKVr-aZ0Sk5XCe-6y6XcLDoNKrqMjCx5qAe32N6xJvfDP-c_ektZBT9G4nwMtjv9gNNzRHkrDK0O6s4saesvOd2ID3hKxMrIEEdE-i1GZCrZu1x6yJmu1frGpspsalHTDdd2mhoOOq9rHr6Kaqkgq_D5n6YkBngJqpGGDq4c5Yca0TWZkSfrUonUsJV2HhBozNlzXuPP89fSWr2Bt9_XqMpZk-Nk3UW7Lx5JM9TSVtjMQeUnvB8xBtaLQoJf5PIECJlKjecPAS1cQoWqpPBaKBqiQzvUm8eUm2Ykeh5l8Nw9MvrkRlmAwwND5Kg5rVtUX75GryykhxWLS3bj4ws-z-1RLqZcLbZSJdaQ9TcqCCcSFHgy8hpyxi-TFhWXP0kU7pLkAG0hsQaeL5aqw5X2dGbwsoBHM5EKtC0sHV-ULjA3KJl7uTBw3u2wlLbtjYgYY9Tv_3LhtsVHAJTjtw90alnjveH854cEBc4bkegD-y6ZpW9dLlLIygaJCdx1oqfHlUZLkWetBN6iiVWW5BHD5wx9TPLXPvIgufaLyM6vbH_zo54D2LYffRnOvBnDKW_y75HGHgLagVc2YkIDvHcGvlemiomZOa7koJCokiP_CQ2hbu7BhHBr9R-GlpNU1s7O7nq5AawZgrB250PhoCaPkKW_U3rTWc8UhiOtVQR-5w&isv=1&cts=1515941366&csp' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.
Complain to Facebook.

Everything else you posted works perfectly fine for me on your website. Clear your browser cache.

Every complaint you post is almost always either style related, or something explained in the FAQs...

Not to mention you post 6 times in a row... It's very off putting. I see posts from you and my eyes immediately glaze over.

Last edited:
Have XF2 on a test site and am getting the following error after upgrading to XenPorta2, rebuilt the add-on and went to the importer, which gave me the same error at the end:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 2.15.51 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 2.15.51 PM.webp
    163.3 KB · Views: 30
Complain to Facebook.

Everything else you posted works perfectly fine for me on your website. Clear your browser cache.

Every complaint you post is almost always either style related, or something explained in the FAQs...

Not to mention you post 6 times in a row... It's very off putting. I see posts from you and my eyes immediately glaze over.

They are not 'complaints'. I think that is a very rude response. I am trying to help you and help others by reporting these issues I am coming across. If you look over at other developers and what they have to deal with, I think it is very unprofessional of you to say.

Did you even read my reply? All those issues are on iPhone 8 Safari and not browser. If anyone else wishes to confirm, please be my guest. The link is in my signature.

Have XF2 on a test site and am getting the following error after upgrading to XenPorta2, rebuilt the add-on and went to the importer, which gave me the same error at the end:
Those tables are added during the install process. Uninstall and reinstall.

How do I remove the board title from the article list block?
Capture.webp

Also, I do not believe Portal meta description is working properly. It doesn't replace the above board title nor does it show up in the browser tabs.

Capture.webp

How do I remove the board title from the article list block?

Also, I do not believe Portal meta description is working properly. It doesn't replace the above board title nor does it show up in the browser tabs.

In templates, search EWRporta_articles_index
Add:
<xf:h1 hidden="true" />
After:
<xf:title>{$xf.options.boardTitle}</xf:title>

Top Bottom