XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Also, your twitter widget still uses Widget-ID. Might want to update it.
https://twittercommunity.com/t/how-can-i-get-a-twitter-widget-id/68917

"If you are using a third-party tool with a required widget ID parameter you should contact the tool developer through their support channels and ask for an update.
The new model means that there are no “widgets” as such any more - so there are no IDs."
The new system sucks. The widgets are better.

You can't do #soulcalibur OR #soulcaliburv OR #soulcaliburvi with the new system.

@Jaxel Any idea how to delete the /ewr-porta/ I'm trying to get it to show like this.

From this : /ewr-porta/categories/announcements.1/
To this : /categories/announcements.1/

The only workaround at the moment is to not use categories.

Attachments

• Image1.webp
    Image1.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 27
Well.. I uploaded the new files, then ran the script. Upgrade was successful. But this is how my forum looks (with default theme) immediately after upgrading to the latest version. Totally botched. @Jaxel
AoC3.webp

Last edited:
I am so sorry to ask about that. Since the prefixes are shown, the appearance looks bad on my FPortal. Is there a way to hide the prefix :X3:

We decided not to use XenPorta and just to use a simple Page + widgets as a portal. We're not really interested in manually promoting articles as we have a dedicated subforum where all articles should be automatically promoted.
We're in exactly the same boat. On XF1.X, we used usergroup permissions to display one node to all users/guests, and an additional 2nd node to logged in members (public blog + site news for logged in members).

It looks like you can create a new widget for "New Threads" and position it on the portal, but it seems the best you can do is the "expanded" view, which is a typical blog format, I can't seem to get it to format like the "articles" option does (with a grid, etc.), nor any of the other cool features.

The style properties are also inherited from the "blocks" group, which makes styling it any differently a bit harder.

Hopefully, future updates will allow for applying "article" style properties to entire subforums.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am new to Xenforo. I just bought and install XenPorta 2 PRO. It looks great, but I am a bit lost.
I have installed it well, as a new tab called "Articles", created a Category, and Author, and I can't find any "Create Article" button. How do I create an article?
And the help video seems to have been made for owners of the previous version...

Hi,

I am new to Xenforo. I just bought and install XenPorta 2 PRO. It looks great, but I am a bit lost.
I have installed it well, as a new tab called "Articles", created a Category, and Author, and I can't find any "Create Article" button. How do I create an article?
And the help video seems to have been made for owners of the previous version...

sounds like you need to set your User group permissions, just a hunch.

XFMG is $60... with a $15 yearly renewal.

This is $40... with no yearly renewal. I consider all complaints about price to be illegitimate.

For $40 I fully expect you to come over to my house and install it on my site while I drink a beer and watch.

Oh... and you need to bring the beer :)

Unlike most other addons this complex, his does not have a renewal. So if you think it would be worth $20 with a $10 year renewal, in 2 years you'd still pay $40. After that, gravy.

I'm well into the Gravy stage with several of his previous addons.

Also you have to consider the coder. Jaxel knows his %$#@

Well, I figured this add-on out in about two minutes, so if I can do it, anyone can :)

The big difference between XenPorta 2.0 and 1.x is that you use the widget page structure and widget list from XenForo for the XenPorta content.

If you want to create a new home page with the XenPorta content bling:
(1) Go into XenForo administration and create a new page (in forum "nodes").
(2) Go into the Widget section (under "appearance") and create a couple of new widgets with the new XenPorta widget structure that will be available in the drop down menu. For example create a new portal_features widget and a new portal_articles widget.
(3) Go back to your new page (under "nodes") and populate the new page with a combination of your new XenPorta widgets and available XenForo widgets.
(4) Win!

Oh I almost forgot - before you do any of the above, make sure you go into user permissions and set the user permissions for XenPorta. By default they are all set to "No" so you will want to turn at least some of them to "Yes". Additionally make sure you go into your forums and promote at least some of your threads to articles and features (via the drop down menu at the top of the thread) because the widgets won't display if you don't have any content for them to display :)

Once you have your site running with the new page, it is easy to go back into the XenPorta menus to play with the options to get the exact results you want. Easy!

Last edited:
Quick question: Is there a way, to change the text in the browser-head?
Currently it shows the forum-name from the basic options twice (ParallelMC|ParallelMC), but we want it to show something like Home|ParallelMC

Thank you for any help.

Ok, this looks like a great product, but I'm at a loss here. How do you even write articles when it shows up blank. I'm not use this product and it looks like the video is somewhat having prior knowledge of how it works. Is there a 101 guide somewhere?

Ok, this looks like a great product, but I'm at a loss here. How do you even write articles when it shows up blank. I'm not use this product and it looks like the video is somewhat having prior knowledge of how it works. Is there a 101 guide somewhere?

The video is a little confusing, even for someone who has used this add-on before for several years. I think he spends a lot of time talking about formatting and options, and not enough telling people - here is my add-on and here is what it does.

In a nutshell, the way the add-on works is that you can take any thread in a standard XenForo forum and "promote it" (via an easy drop down menu) as either an article, or as a feature. You can leave the content promoted, or after a period of time, remove the promotion, and the content turns back into a thread.

In my case, I happen to have a gardening site. I promote big events (like conventions or exhibitions) as "features" and they are in the slider image on my front page. When the event is over, I remove the promotion and promote something else. The thread that talks about the show is still there, in my XenForo forum, but it just is no longer "promoted" on the front page.

For articles, I use the article functionality for anything that I want to announce on the front page of my site, but which doesn't deserve to be in the feature slider. It allows me to announce news, or special events, or fund-raising drives, or whatever. When the news is no longer relevant, I remove the promotion and the content goes back to being a normal thread.

You can see how I manage it on my site.

Let me just add that once you get used to the add-on, you will better appreciate the power / flexibility of it, particularly if you use it in conjunction with XenForo's user permissions.

Last edited:
The video is a little confusing, even for someone who has used this add-on before for several years. I think he spends a lot of time talking about formatting and options, and not enough telling people - here is my add-on and here is what it does.

In a nutshell, the way the add-on works is that you can take any thread in a standard XenForo forum and "promote it" (via an easy drop down menu) as either an article, or as a feature. You can leave the content promoted, or after a period of time, remove the promotion, and the content turns back into a thread.

In my case, I happen to have a gardening site. I promote big events (like conventions or exhibitions) as "features" and they are in the slider image on my front page. When the event is over, I remove the promotion and promote something else. The thread that talks about the show is still there, in my XenForo forum, but it just is no longer "promoted" on the front page.

For articles, I use the article functionality for anything that I want to announce on the front page of my site, but which doesn't deserve to be in the feature slider. It allows me to announce news, or special events, or fund-raising drives, or whatever. When the news is no longer relevant, I remove the promotion and the content goes back to being a normal thread.

You can see how I manage it on my site.

Let me just add that once you get used to the add-on, you will better appreciate the power / flexibility of it, particularly if you use it in conjunction with XenForo's user permissions.

Oh yeah, it looks great. I have an idea it does that, it's just the videos are somewhat all over the place :D I'm so use to wordpress and vbulletin that it's just confusing to start with. It's like a mini faq manual should have been written. Like starting from scratch and building up something basic. Most videos start with something built with changes around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom