XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Yes but on the point of view of a customer/user, does it offer enough things of cost $40? I think at least XF1 customers should have discount.

I kinda get your point. But, I disagree. Jaxel had to spend time to update/recode the add-on so it will work with XF 2.x. That work should be compensated. If vendors don't get paid, what is their motivation for spending the time to learn how to make add-ons for XF 2.x or any other major upgrade. It is fairly apparent that people need to get compensated for their work. I have no problem with the new version requiring a fee. (Maybe a debatable point whether there should be a slight discount or credit for folks who bought the XF 1.x version. However, I can also see the point that if I eat a restaurant once, enjoy the meal and come back, I don't get an automatic discount because I came back).

I think it is better to err on the side of supporting the good service providers. (My question and concern with branding free is that that issue does not require additional work and, in my view, should be viewed as a continuation of the previously purchased "rights.")

You might disagree and that is fine.

Hi,
i have installed Q&A addon from Themehouse. I get an error from XenPorta after the addon are installed.

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute::getParam() in src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php on line 13

Check this post from themehouse A&Q addon where they say you are missing some checks that makes this error occour.

[Edit] Check the post below :)

Any suggestions to how to fix?

@Jaxel in your \XF\Pub\Controller\Thread class extension you aren't verifying that the parent function's response is an instance of \XF\Mvc\Reply\View before attempting to use getParam which is causing an issue with a redirect we're adding into thread view under certain circumstances. This will also cause issues with XF's thread redirect that gets left behind when you move a thread to a new forum

Hi,
i have installed Q&A addon from Themehouse. I get an error from XenPorta after the addon are installed.

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute::getParam() in src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php on line 13

Check this post from themehouse A&Q addon where they say you are missing some checks that makes this error occour.

[Edit] Check the post below :)

Any suggestions to how to fix?
****, you right. I will have a fix out for the next version... For now, you can put this after line 11 in src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php :
Code:
        if (!$reply instanceof \XF\Mvc\Reply\View)
        {
            return $reply;
        }

****, you right. I will have a fix out for the next version... For now, you can put this after line 11 in src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php :
Code:
        if (!$reply instanceof \XF\Mvc\Reply\View)
        {
            return $reply;
        }

Probably worth doing that on all of your extended functions even if XF won't redirect it, saves a bit of headache down the road, we put it on all of our extensions :)

Probably worth doing that on all of your extended functions even if XF won't redirect it, saves a bit of headache down the road, we put it on all of our extensions :)
Yeah, I've just put the check in all my addons that extend existing XF controllers.

I have come across an issue though, where the image boundaries extends beyond the article box on the portal. The images are embedded from the Media Gallery. Any ideas on where or how this can be rectified and contain the image within the article box boundary?

View attachment 165534

Hi Jaxel,

Bumping up my post in case you missed it. Thanks for your attention.

Hello @Jaxel, when I installed the addon on XF2, my portal page is empty, and I do not have any options to create articles (even in the admin panel) : the article list is empty.

Any ideas ?

Is there a Manual? I got a lot of questions. I can post them here but if you have a Manual or a Documentation im happy to have a look into it.
1. Can I set the portal as homepage - means when i enter domain.com I will land on the Portal?
2. Feature (Banner area...?) How to add stuff there is it in the Admin Panel?
3. Widgets : The widgets are shown in the Settings of Porta however it doesnt show them.

I think they are solvable and I keep trying to find out.... if someone is faster I am happy to hear from you :)

1. Can I set the portal as homepage - means when i enter domain.com I will land on the Portal?
Go to your options > general informations of the forum > Filter index page > enter "ewr-porta/" in it.
(sorry my forum is in french, I don't have the perfect english translation :D)

2. Feature (Banner area...?) How to add stuff there is it in the Admin Panel?
Go to a topic, select "More options" and then : "Promote to feature" and follow the instructions on the page !

I can't understand your third point but I hope it helped you :)

Go to your options > general informations of the forum > Filter index page > enter "ewr-porta/" in it.
(sorry my forum is in french, I don't have the perfect english translation :D)

Go to a topic, select "More options" and then : "Promote to feature" and follow the instructions on the page !

I can't understand your third point but I hope it helped you :)
Thanks Damien0503!
About the third question: There is an options for Widges in the Porta Admin Panel. But these widgets are not shown in the Frontpage of the Portal.

edit: I got it. I have to set where to Display in the Portal. What a nice feature :)

If someone else tries to show the feature on top: Widgets->Add Widget (Widget key is: widget_EWRporta_features

I am currently strugling on this widget because it wont let me make a space between the Slider and the first article. Is there any way? Tried with the br tag in the template but seems not work as it worked in the other templates....

Also it looks like I am unable to edit the Author profile (My Profile) I am not displayed at the bottom of the article in the forum as in your Video.

edit1: Fixed the slider space: In template "widget_EWRporta_features" after
HTML:
        <xf:if is="{$options.progress}">
            <div class="bx-progress">&nbsp;</div>
        </xf:if>
    </div>
add
HTML:
<br>

Simple solution, don't use the addon.
I'm just explaining my opinion about the cost of this update. This add-on is great and very useful, and Jaxel has made a fantastic work developing it. I proudly paid the add-on for XF1, and probably pay for this one, even though I believe XF1 version owners should have a discount. But as a customer, I think I have the same legitimacy to say my opinion as all the others :)

Top Bottom