XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel Would you please consider adding a separate "Articles per page" option settings for articles and category?

At the moment:

Article.php

$perPage = $this->options()->EWRporta_articles_perpage;

Category.php

$perPage = $this->options()->EWRporta_articles_perpage;

Is there a way to set the Article containers to always be the same height? I apologize if I missed this already been posted somewhere...

I would think this would be a simple CSS change, but I have not been able to get it to work properly. I'm sure I'm just not editing the right class. Anyone have an idea here?

Code:
.message-body{

max-height: 250px;

overflow: hidden;

}

Thank you, but this truncates forum posts as well. So I guess it cannot be done with the addon as is, we would have to add an extra class and then have it used for the articles, instead of message-body.

There are a lot of XF1 users stuck with Better Blogs. If you make an importer, you will surely have a lot of fresh customers.

I just did a search through here and didn't find an answer.

But would it be possible to actually auto promote threads which are 'Hot'? I'm not sure what criteria everyone would agree on for being a hot thread, but X views in X hours would be one method. Perhaps there could be a random option or simply any thread which receives X views. I wouldn't want to promote every thread, that seems like it would clutter the portal with useless stuff.

I also second the idea of having an option so promoted threads can be a redirect to the thread, and perhaps an excerpt from the first post. Clicking it sends you directly there unless this is already the default behavior when article mode is disabled?

Lastly, does anyone have this up and running on UI.X 2 which I could check out?

Hello @Jaxel

Suggestions for a future version:
  • Could you please link the categories to the user criteria or to the user group permissions? Sometimes you need to separate content by age (under 18/21 - over 18/21) or you have "special groups" (Maybe by internal order or payment for exclusive content). This would be very helpful
  • Will there be a chance to create multi-page articles? Maybe with a bbcode or something similar as a seperator? So the articles can be a bit more extensive or structured?
Thanks for your support.

Hello @Jaxel

Suggestions for a future version:
  • Could you please link the categories to the user criteria or to the user group permissions? Sometimes you need to separate content by age (under 18/21 - over 18/21) or you have "special groups" (Maybe by internal order or payment for exclusive content). This would be very helpful
  • Will there be a chance to create multi-page articles? Maybe with a bbcode or something similar as a seperator? So the articles can be a bit more extensive or structured?
Thanks for your support.
You can have promotions respect user permissions. Its an option in the admin CP.

There will not be multi-page articles. This is not a full-fledged content management system; and its not designed to be.

Can it use the option of auto promote like xenforo 1? @Jaxel
No, its way too heavy on resources.

Top Bottom