XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.7

No permission to buy ($40.00)
At very least i would like to make it by date - so the newest promoted article to feature would be first to show in the slider.

Descending ordering puts the most recent dates first .

src/addons/EWR/Porta/Repository/Feature.php

->order('feature_date', 'DESC');

Also where can i find / change the look of title in article

Appearance -> Styles -> Style properties -> [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO -> Article Icon Header Title

Template:

EWRporta_articles.less
EWRporta_articles_macros

Descending ordering puts the most recent dates first .

src/addons/EWR/Porta/Repository/Feature.php

->order('feature_date', 'DESC');

Appearance -> Styles -> Style properties -> [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO -> Article Icon Header Title

Template:

EWRporta_articles.less
EWRporta_articles_macros

Thank you!

Paste to insert the copied text

That works thanks for heads up, much appreciated; but wouldn't it be easier to be able to edit the greyed out text as was the case in XP1 - I'm building this site for a client who has purchased XF2 and XP2, who is, like a lot of people, computer illiterate and something as simple as copy and paste is something of a struggle for him. It took me six attempts to explain how he logged in to the system. If the text were editable in the box, as is the title, that would make it easier for him to remove the parts he does not want.

It works well enough for me, on the site that I am creating myself (now I have purchased XF2 and XP2), but even I wasn't aware of the copy and paste as there are no instructions (that I can find) to explain this - hence my asking the question.

@Jaxel can you make this text editable without having to revert to copy and paste?

With thanks

have an unusual glitch with the discord. Is the discord widget based on your discord program, which I also. My bot post properly and everything,n except the DISCORD WIDGET spins two little boxes around and never connected. When doing the test connection, everything works out great. Just the widget is the issue.View attachment 168148

I just purchased xenporta 2 I am having this same problem with discord not working, and I inputted my server ID in the widget... any help on this?

Last edited:
I just purchased xenporta 2 I am having this same problem, and I inputted my server ID in the widget... any help on this?

had something to do with me not having my API set, I stopped using his (i still use the bot, but not his displayed one) there is a better version of the discord app for DISPLAY. Check out my site to see how it's integrated on the front page. just type in:

[AH] Discord Widget 2.0.0

Last edited:
... but wouldn't it be easier to be able to edit the greyed out text as was the case in XP1

I agree with you but it is as designed, textarea placeholder just a short hint that describes the expected value.

You will need to change EWRporta_article_edit template.

CP -> Appearance -> Template modifications or a direct edit to the template in question.

find:

Code:
<div id="Excerpt">
            <xf:textboxrow name="article[article_title]"
                maxlength="{{ max_length('XF:Thread', 'title') }}" label="{{ phrase('title') }}"
                value="{{ $article.article_title ? $article.article_title : $thread.title }}" />

<xf:textarearow name="article[article_excerpt]" rows="6" autosize="true"
                maxlength="{$xf.options.messageMaxLength}" label="{{ phrase('message') }}"
                value="{$article.article_excerpt}" placeholder="{$thread.FirstPost.message}" />
        </div>

replace:

Code:
<div id="Excerpt">
            <xf:textboxrow name="article[article_title]"
                maxlength="{{ max_length('XF:Thread', 'title') }}" label="{{ phrase('title') }}"
                value="{{ $article.article_title ? $article.article_title : $thread.title }}" />
            <xf:textarearow name="article[article_excerpt]" rows="6" autosize="true"
                maxlength="{$xf.options.messageMaxLength}" label="{{ phrase('message') }}"
                value="{{$thread.FirstPost.message ? $thread.FirstPost.message  : $article.article_excerpt}}" />
        </div>

@boban thank you so much that has done the trick and works a treat - I'll save this just in case any future updates overwrite it. Amazing how one small (though valuable) change can make such a difference. Outstanding and many thanks again.

:D

I would love to install this add-on but just wanted to make sure I have no problem with the following issue:

I installed my xenforo in my main folder. So www.new-tech.today/index.php not like forum/index.php
Could this have a conflict?

Edit: Nevermind found it in earlier post, if you have the same question:
The portal addon needs to be installed in the directory your forum is installed, so no conflict and ready to go :)

Last edited:
@Jaxel If you check my index, you see that the article (release phases) is only about 250 char long, while the others are honoring the char limit is set in my ACP for about 900 chars. Why is the release article excerpt so short??

https://www.theaocdungeon.com/
bbcode markup counts for the character limit. You have a lot of markup there.

You can always just use [prebreak][/prebreak] to define a specific spot to limit.

Hello,
I want to be able to fulfill information about the article authors (picture and text) in order to make possible to display them when viewing an article like here:
https://8wayrun.com/threads/geralt-from-the-witcher-joins-soulcalibur.19889/
I want to display the block like the one with Mickaek Stabile.
Unfortunately I do not understand where to fulfill information about the author and I do not know which widget I have to add in order to make it displayed at the end of the articles.
It would be great if I could have information about this.
Thanks a lot
David

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] XenPorta 2 (Portal) PRO with a new update entry:

2.0.1.9 - CHANGELOG

• Added an option to auto-fill the custom excerpt text field with the first post message, instead of it just being a placeholder.
  • Authors can now be created without names/bylines/status. This change was made for compatibility when importing from the old XF1 version.
  • The included importers now use XF2's built-in step-runner system. That means if you have an extremely large forum, you should no longer get memory time-outs when importing articles and features from the old version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom