XF2 [8WR] XenCarta 2 (Wiki) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenCarta 2 (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hmm... you're right. Anyone with the "create" pages permission can create HTML pages.

Got it. Is there a way to perhaps in a later update, be able to adjust these permissions to ensure members are not able to use HTML for creating pages. It is just a security concern of mine that I would like to tighten up.

Would anyone be able to explain the TOC settings to me at all? I don't quite understand them.

Evening! I was wondering if it's possible and whether anyone has managed to do this that would be happy to share!

Is it possible to create [wiki] [/wiki] code that would link to something in the Wiki?

This might be a dumb question, but I'm new to everything wiki related. How do you get the boxed images on your index page?
1581534460167.webp
^ I was really hoping you'd explain that in the tutorial but you never got around to that. I'd like to have mine set up similar but I have the slightest idea how I'd go about doing that. How do you get them linked back to other pages, can you make this automatic?

This might be a dumb question, but I'm new to everything wiki related. How do you get the boxed images on your index page?
View attachment 218329
^ I was really hoping you'd explain that in the tutorial but you never got around to that. I'd like to have mine set up similar but I have the slightest idea how I'd go about doing that. How do you get them linked back to other pages, can you make this automatic?

You'd create HTML templates in the ACP, then reference those with a [template=name][/template] tag where 'name' is the name of the template. You can use the Extra css in the layout templates to customize any scss. In the above case, you'd probably have one Wiki Template for the header that doesn't have closure, then have a template for each item in the table, then have a closing template that closes what was started with the header template. Then you'd put in the wiki page itself the three template calls like:

[template=start-table][/template]
[template=table-item][/template]
[template=end-table][/template]

You'd create HTML templates in the ACP, then reference those with a [template=name][/template] tag where 'name' is the name of the template. You can use the Extra css in the layout templates to customize any scss. In the above case, you'd probably have one Wiki Template for the header that doesn't have closure, then have a template for each item in the table, then have a closing template that closes what was started with the header template. Then you'd put in the wiki page itself the three template calls like:

[template=start-table][/template]
[template=end-table][/template]
There isn't by any chance a pre-made template anywhere that one can use is there?

Hi, I have a little problem with the wiki.

The cache break the code colorization, so when I empty cache and reload page, it's work. But when a re-reload page there is no color on code and a bad spacing between lines appear for 7 days.

So I have disable the cache to temporary solve this problem but is there a better solution to keep cache and code colorizaton ?

Thanks.

Working perfectly. I don't know if feature requests are a thing, but if so here are mine! If not, ignore!

• integrate 'create page' with the orange post thread button on every page, making it easier and quicker for users to post a new page
  • allow threads to be promoted to wiki pages (similar to Xenporta)
  • allow pages to be shown as article in Xenporta
  • add a description field to templates so users can see an explanation of how to use the template and what it's for

And a question -- if in the distant future Xenforo 3 is released, and this wiki is not updated to work with it (or lags behind by a few months), is it possible to export the pages or turn them into threads or something so they're not lost?

Evening! I was wondering if it's possible and whether anyone has managed to do this that would be happy to share!

Is it possible to create [wiki] [/wiki] code that would link to something in the Wiki?
The wiki auto links things but the page names have to be exact. The [wiki] code is used in forum threads and it inserts the wiki page into the thread.

Dear Jaxel, I plan to purchase your wiki plugin. We are interested in the following questions: 1. what about the documentation? so as not to run around the resource and find you, because I have already read the topic, and I see that the people can not deal with the template system. 2. support for multi-language, since all pages will be hooked on one navigation without an alphabetical index, since I am still in the European segment, support for the index of pages in Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian would be desirable. Since your plugin is still bought from my country and you complain that the Cyrillic alphabet does not support alphabetical page splitting, you have to write everything in English for pages, for splitting the index.

There is no documentation. Just the videos.

There is no multi-language support.
for me, as a European, the video is not particularly relevant, and there is no need to run around on small issues here either. Online help is planned?

I love the idea of the Wiki but have never been able to use it myself because I think maybe the videos were high level compared to my experience. If there is ever anyone here who uses that add on and wouldn't mind helping someone out on understanding it better and utilizing it -- I'm all ears :P

@Jaxel so the wiki has improved a ton. i dropped awhile back. it organizes the way i want... except there is one issue and it doesn't work this time. It's the alignment of the wiki index. I wish you would just add a simple menu option that just says wiki index, left or center align. The wiki index is the only thing that looks well... ugly if the titles are different sizes.

In the beginning, i have the solution, but changing them all to left align for the extraless does not do anything. Can you please tell me exactly what has to be changed. Trying to avoid the back and forth exchange :D And i would ask if you can simply add this addon for you xencarta. other than that, it works great now.

Capture2.webp

I believe all you need to do is override the

.carta-index-list {
text-align: left;
}

at the bottom of the EWRcarta_EXTRA.less template.
I verified this works on my own site.

Top Bottom