XF2 [8WR] XenCarta 2 (Wiki) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenCarta 2 (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 2.1.0.6

No permission to buy ($30.00)

SWRPForum

Hmm... you're right. Anyone with the "create" pages permission can create HTML pages.
Got it. Is there a way to perhaps in a later update, be able to adjust these permissions to ensure members are not able to use HTML for creating pages. It is just a security concern of mine that I would like to tighten up.

DaveL

Would anyone be able to explain the TOC settings to me at all? I don't quite understand them.

DaveL

Evening! I was wondering if it's possible and whether anyone has managed to do this that would be happy to share!

Is it possible to create [wiki] [/wiki] code that would link to something in the Wiki?

Xyphien

This might be a dumb question, but I'm new to everything wiki related. How do you get the boxed images on your index page?
1581534460167.png
^ I was really hoping you'd explain that in the tutorial but you never got around to that. I'd like to have mine set up similar but I have the slightest idea how I'd go about doing that. How do you get them linked back to other pages, can you make this automatic?

Mr. Wah

This might be a dumb question, but I'm new to everything wiki related. How do you get the boxed images on your index page?
View attachment 218329
^ I was really hoping you'd explain that in the tutorial but you never got around to that. I'd like to have mine set up similar but I have the slightest idea how I'd go about doing that. How do you get them linked back to other pages, can you make this automatic?
You'd create HTML templates in the ACP, then reference those with a [template=name][/template] tag where 'name' is the name of the template. You can use the Extra css in the layout templates to customize any scss. In the above case, you'd probably have one Wiki Template for the header that doesn't have closure, then have a template for each item in the table, then have a closing template that closes what was started with the header template. Then you'd put in the wiki page itself the three template calls like:

[template=start-table][/template]
[template=table-item][/template]
[template=end-table][/template]

Xyphien

You'd create HTML templates in the ACP, then reference those with a [template=name][/template] tag where 'name' is the name of the template. You can use the Extra css in the layout templates to customize any scss. In the above case, you'd probably have one Wiki Template for the header that doesn't have closure, then have a template for each item in the table, then have a closing template that closes what was started with the header template. Then you'd put in the wiki page itself the three template calls like:

[template=start-table][/template]
[template=end-table][/template]
There isn't by any chance a pre-made template anywhere that one can use is there?

LaGregance

Hi, I have a little problem with the wiki.

The cache break the code colorization, so when I empty cache and reload page, it's work. But when a re-reload page there is no color on code and a bad spacing between lines appear for 7 days.

So I have disable the cache to temporary solve this problem but is there a better solution to keep cache and code colorizaton ?

Thanks.

Morrus

Working perfectly. I don't know if feature requests are a thing, but if so here are mine! If not, ignore!

• integrate 'create page' with the orange post thread button on every page, making it easier and quicker for users to post a new page
  • allow threads to be promoted to wiki pages (similar to Xenporta)
  • allow pages to be shown as article in Xenporta
  • add a description field to templates so users can see an explanation of how to use the template and what it's for

And a question -- if in the distant future Xenforo 3 is released, and this wiki is not updated to work with it (or lags behind by a few months), is it possible to export the pages or turn them into threads or something so they're not lost?

Morrus

Evening! I was wondering if it's possible and whether anyone has managed to do this that would be happy to share!

Is it possible to create [wiki] [/wiki] code that would link to something in the Wiki?
The wiki auto links things but the page names have to be exact. The [wiki] code is used in forum threads and it inserts the wiki page into the thread.