xF Host Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Edge

Since our entire network is down. I wanted to post here. OVH cycled off all our servers and so far I have not been able to get a complete answer as of why beyond "please wait for a response from your ticket from a network supervisor" I am very sorry for this down time, but this is very beyond our control. I hope to have everything back online shortly.

Mike

That's not good! I take it you had no prior notice to them taking this action either??

That's not good! I take it you had no prior notice to them taking this action either??

Nope, no warning nothing. We have been a client since Jan, no issues, no problems. Since Jan, I have submitted a total of 4 tickets.

All I received just as all my monitoring alarms started screaming..

Dear Customer,

We had no choice but to place your server pool in 'rescue FTP' mode.
A email containing a username and password has been sent so that so
you can retrieve your data located in its storage space.

This constitutes a breach of your contract, your server was blocked.

Regards,

Support OVH

If you can find it in that above letter, let me know :) That's all I know too at this time. Still awaiting reply from a network admin as tech support will do nothing but tell me to wait for them.
Seems like there's a block of text missing from that email. Seems odd to just say, "This is a breach of your contract".

Thought so too like a line above it having reason why the servers were suspended, but nope that was all. Again though, the English translation of their e-mails have not always been the greatest. My monthly billing statement notice always says "You new billing notice awaits you".

Thought so too like a line above it having reason why the servers were suspended, but nope that was all. Again though, the English translation of their e-mails have not always been the greatest. My monthly billing statement notice always says "You new billing notice awaits you".
lol Not sure who you're dealing with here, but the fact that they no speaky English is enough for me to move on.

lol Not sure who you're dealing with here, but the fact that they no speaky English is enough for me to move on.

Well, they are a french company. They have data centers in France and Montreal Canada. This is the 1st major issue we have had with them since signing up in Jan.

In my dealings with French hosting companies, their responses to my emails have been nothing short of horrendous. Especially OVH. I usually don't even get a reply when I'm firing off emails about individuals using their servers for nefarious things.

Okay, so I'll be the first negative guy. So far everyone has been calm as cucumbers, which is kind of amazing. I know Mike is going through the same thing as us, but with a 99% uptime guarantee, this isn't the first time things have gone awry. I'm not at the breaking point yet, but I'm getting close.

Other then one server being back online, the status has not changed. All support tells me is please wait a little longer for a supervisor to resolve this for you.

But there is progress?

I guess them saying a supervisor will resolve this could be progress. I guess it means the reason we were turned off turned out to be false and pending turning us back on. Lower level support has been very unhelpful and even calling, calls can't be transfered to a higher level, only updating via tickets. I assure you I'm as frustrated as you are.

hmmm... you probably need a better place for communication with your customer. If I did not come and tracked your activity I would not know about this.
Nope, no warning nothing. We have been a client since Jan, no issues, no problems. Since Jan, I have submitted a total of 4 tickets.

All I received just as all my monitoring alarms started screaming..

Dear Customer,

We had no choice but to place your server pool in 'rescue FTP' mode.
A email containing a username and password has been sent so that so
you can retrieve your data located in its storage space.

This constitutes a breach of your contract, your server was blocked.

Regards,

Support OVH
Please make sure you lose no data!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom