xF Host Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone needs a good states based ISP for dedicated or multi-dedicated - my guy is top notch.
He's not for the total faint of heart (no control panels, one click installs, etc.), but downtime in ten years is less than one day and he knows how to keep a network clean. Not for bargain basement seekers, but for those who want to house servers, etc.....I've never had a problem he could not solve or pinpoint.

John Essen - http://www.quonix.net/

(sorry for slightly off-topic, but solutions to problems are close enough).

I'm not a customer of Mike, and as such I've refrained from commenting so far. That said, I think it's really great to see you trying your best to keep everyone informed and updated about the current state of affairs, Mike, despite the unfortunate situation and the replies of.. some people. I'm impressed.

A lease to own program though Server Complete who has several cages there. Our primary provider will be nLayer on 1Gbps ports.

May I ask you what kind of advantage do you see in the lease to own model (given how fast technology becomes "outdated")?

A lease to own program though Server Complete who has several cages there. Our primary provider will be nLayer on 1Gbps ports.

Those Nehalem systems are remarkedly good value for money.

Kinda goes with why I couldn't do XenFormula anymore, seriously, I cant even get close to those specs for the price.

May I ask you what kind of advantage do you see in the lease to own model (given how fast technology becomes "outdated")?

I don't think things out date too fast in servers as compared to home computers. Look how many hosts still use SATA1 7200 rpm drives and PHP 5.2.

I don't think things out date too fast in servers as compared to home computers. Look how many hosts still use SATA1 7200 rpm drives and PHP 5.2.

Well, I wouldn't want to compare to these hosts. :)

If I was interested in acquiring the hardware today or tomorrow, why not finance the equipment with Dell, HP, or one of the other guys and Colo it? Server hardware is a lot cheaper if you buy it directly rather than through a rent-to-own program. On the other hand, either way, once you own the hardware, you'll have to pay a lot more if you need technical hands or replacement parts. It's your choice - of course - but in my calculation the RTO model doesn't pay off.

Them finalizing things with me at 3am was very impressive too. I think this will for sure be a major step in restoring faith back into our services :)

Mike, will the move cause any down time for the sites? Want to let my members know at least you know?

Yes, a bit during the move and while your DNS updates. If you like, I can contact you before I start the move of your site and you can close your board.

Good news! They were able to obtain our SSD drives today, we will not have to wait til Tue/Wed to have our SSD's added for MySQL.

Reactions: DRE
On page 5 of thread...
Not yet read everything...

1 word...

SOFTLAYER

Problem solved.... OVH isn't the best if your going to be hosting sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom