xF Host Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as long as it doesn't become 800 UNDERWater St. :D
I'm leery of anywhere along the Gulf Coast for data storage, hosting. Especially with the hurricane history recently. Same thing with Houston, TX.
Jacksonville is on the east coast and doesn't have a history of bad hurricanes, tornados or flooding compared to where I'm at on the gulf coast.

I cannot login and my site is down again...get this error: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Same here. No logging in for anyone. I can't get in to my ACP. Working on something now as I think the DB might have a messed up table.

edit: Never mind. More OVH stuff. Apparently they are being capricious. Mike is working on it.

I don't know if AWalkerBit.Me is hosted on your servers Mike. If it is this might be relevant.

'I just got an e-mail from a thread reply and it went directly to my spam folder, even though I already did flag it as safe when I originally registered. As usual it mentioned "Microsoft's Smart Screen" or something around those lines. I'm guessing you're on probation.'

Else if not, it must be a strange coincidence.

I don't know if AWalkerBit.Me is hosted on your servers Mike. If it is this might be relevant.

'I just got an e-mail from a thread reply and it went directly to my spam folder, even though I already did flag it as safe when I originally registered. As usual it mentioned "Microsoft's Smart Screen" or something around those lines. I'm guessing you're on probation.'

Nope, not hosted with us.

Jacksonville really has no major Hurricanes, and the rare ( and I mean very rare ) hurricanes we do have are very small and pass by us very quickly. Tornados, never so I'm pretty happy about this, 800 water st is close by. Good move Mike :)

Just as long as it doesn't become 800 UNDERWater St. :D
I'm leery of anywhere along the Gulf Coast for data storage, hosting. Especially with the hurricane history recently. Same thing with Houston, TX.
THIS

We use a domain proxy service and they were affected by the recent tornado. Services has been slow & sometimes spotty since they started to re-direct things through an alternative route.

When I think Southern Florida, I don't exactly think hosting.... More like swimming and flooding.

According to every map I can find, Jacksonville is Northern, not Southern Fla.
I stand corrected and appealingly fail at geography :ROFLMAO:

Capture.webp

But it is still on the east coast, right on the shoreline

Untitled.webp

Mike Edge, I would suggest leaving a review about this hassle on the Webhostingtalk.com forums.

oh I will be, it is all really still pending on what route I need to go to get my money back for my June invoice. I been a member since Join Date: Oct 2010 too. I don't have a lot of posts, but every job I have done for someone, has a nice review, so it won't appear to just be from someone with a gripe.

Yep it's only a hop, skip, and a jump away from the Georgia state line. Trust me I have been up and down I-95 in Georgia and Florida enough to know that.

Yeah, I bet your loving this move towards your neck of the woods too. At least now I have a few customers in driving range if they try to pull a OVH ;)

But it is still on the east coast, right on the shoreline

It may be but that part of Florida doesn't get much in the way of really bad weather. If it was going to be in Florida I am glad it's in Jacksonville and not somewhere like Miami that does get hit with hurricanes. Hence the name of the college there the Miami Hurricanes......lol :ROFLMAO: Also to be honest I don't like Florida that much (my line of work not enough places to park where you need them), but if I had to live in Florida I would for sure live in Jacksonville.

Reactions: DRE
Jacksonville has their own NFL team, remember when it comes to hurricanes and tornados and such, NFL is really picky about picking a location. Our stadium has never suffered anything when it comes to storms or bad weather. Jacksonville is in Northern Florida where the last big hurricane that everyone panicked about was in 1999, and even then all the hurricane did was pass by us giving us just bad rain. Never have I experienced power outage because of rain or just in general. It is in good hands :)

Also Mike, did the switch take place or not yet? I know from personal experience when you request that you are cancelling they credit you the amount that you didn't use their service for. So I'm pretty sure you will get most of your money back.

Reactions: DRE
Also Mike, did the switch take place or not yet? I know from personal experience when you request that you are cancelling they credit you the amount that you didn't use their service for. So I'm pretty sure you will get most of your money back.

No not yet, billing won't be in til Tuesday, I don't care or willing to fight over getting the remaining of unused May back, I want back my June invoice I paid earlier thisweek that was due June 1st refunded.

Nope, not hosted with us.

AWBM is currently on my dedicated server not through Mike. (We'll be changing servers in the next few weeks to an upgraded box from Burst.net).

Sage, I don't mean to cut in on Mike's thread, but could you let me know somewhere (new OT thread here, PC somewhere, or at AWBM) what email client you're using? I'm not familiar with with "Microsoft Smart Screen" so I'd be curious to hear if you're using Outlook.com or is that from the desktop version of Outlook or is that on a Windows phone, etc.. Thanks :)

First server is online! Would love to hear trace route results from your area. *waits for the Florida people to drool* LOL

You can trace jacksonville1.xfhost.net :) It will be another sleepless night for me with starting to move people. My goal is to be fully out of OVH by Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom